Patch 261.0 - All feedback goes here !

powerstuck

2 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

But the nerfs are good. You can't only look at the survival aspect. I would like to but unfortunately you also have to worry about the defense vs offense ratio. Way easier to raid than defend(especially with offline raiding) now when that comes into play, if someone was offline raiding me I would want them to have to constantly worry about eating and drinking water. Makes perfect sense to me. If you are going to spend 3 or more in game days raiding my base I will expect you to eat and drink as much as people would in that amount of days. Btw a drink of a canteen would only last an hour(in game) on SE.

And here lies our apparant difference, with myself being a PvE player I have no experience of PvP and never will probably. Really depends on the nerf but the game must remain 'fun'.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

And here lies our apparant difference, with myself being a PvE player I have no experience of PvP and never will probably. Really depends on the nerf but the game must remain 'fun'.

Well then yes we have reached a crossroads. I have no experience on pve so I won't comment on that either. Good talking to you

2 hours ago, GreenRoc said:

I play this game for the eye candy, and for interaction with friends. Not for the challenge nor the survival part of it.

And this is a perfectly valid playstyle; don't let anyone tell you otherwise. The thing is, there's a very prevalent conflict of interests, and it's between WC, players of your sort and players that do seek some sort of challenge and survival element -- my sort. We've all got this idea of what Official ARK should be, and, understandably, it's all justified in our own minds. There isn't any satisfactory method for WC to please either of us simultaneously in terms of Official, either. Probably the reason they gave us Unofficials. Official might be trying to lend itself more to survival (or tedium; however you decide to view it), but, on Unofficial, you're free to make it so your hunger drops a tick every ten hours or whatever. You're free to have gathering turned up to twenty and taming up to one-hundred. It can be Minecraft with Dinosaurs if you want it to be. 

That said, I think WC should, in the future, take more time to promote Unofficial servers, so people can more easily find servers that fit their playstyle. Would be cool to see Dedicated Server spotlights. 

1 hour ago, PuffyPony said:

My thoughts on a few of the points (the rest I don't really care about):

•  Mantis and Scorpion now receive the Oviraptor egg laying buff.
    • Thank goodness, and finally. This change has been needed for a while
  • Diplodocus is now considered a large herbivore, meaning medium sized carnivores will no longer attack it.
    • Again, a much needed change. It was ridiculous that a Diplo was at risk of death by Raptors or Terror Birds
  • Onyc now have a 10% chance per melee hit to apply megarabies to victim.
    • I like the effort to increase the challenge of caves, though I think the better path for this change would be to have "Rabid Onyc" spawn that can inflict Megarabies, rather than allowing all Onyc have a low chance of doing it.
  • Underwater and cave crates now give two items instead of one
    • Finally some incentive to go caving on a regular basis again. Good change
  • Creatures in caves have been altered. Changes include more Arthropleura, Titanoboa and Leeches in the Swamp Cave, removed Scorpions. Removed bats, spiders, penguins, and piranhas in the Ice Cave. Added 'Polar Bears', Purlovias, and Sabertooth Salmon to the Ice Cave
    • See comment on increasing cave challenge
  • Consuming Rare Mushroom and Rare Flowers now gives their intended effects
    • I see a lot of people up in arms about this change (like 85% of this thread, and a few others). Honestly, as someone who routinely used Rare Mushrooms as a food source, the change doesn't really bother me. Rare Mushrooms were pretty OP as a food source (better food than meat, no spoil timer, low weight, 100 stack, and easily obtained from beaver dams), and honestly, it's not that hard to throw some Meat into a fire or a grill and let it cook while you take your Rex or Giga out for a meat harvest to stock your Troughs. Or make some custom consumables, whatever, but the point is that it's really a fair change all things considered, and I think people are overreacting.

They made the swamp cave almost impossible to be done, if u take a dino there to do the cave there´s a chance of 99.9% of it dying before u finish the first path because of bizarre amount of damage return from arthropleuras (i dont know if the amount damage return is based also on their lvl and not only the attackers damage) and thats not the only problem that arthropleuras brought, how the raptor are u gonna survive inside of the cave if every time u face an arthropleura theres a 90% chance of all ur gear get busted by their spit? the only way now is bringing like thousands of rockets to blow every poop (im not kidding about the amount of rockets because of the amount of dinos and their lvl inside the cave is 200+), i know its a survival game and the cave need to be hard but placing arthropleuras there made it almost impossible.

6 hours ago, ShawnWolf said:

So, I would really love for a dev to explain how any of this makes senses, and when I say dev, I really hope someone who makes decisions and not a CM or one of the very well known players that get paid to post positive feedback about the game all day long.

Wait... we're supposed to get paid for this?  :S

5 hours ago, 10,000 Jelly Doughnuts said:

Mushrooms: now weigh 20 per stack. Have a spoil timer (Pretty long timer though) Blind you when eaten. Same food AFAIK

Flowers: 15 weight per stack, ammoite rage affect when eaten, provide 15 food

Well, if I remember the '70's (highly debateable in itself) correctly, that seems pretty much spot on.  9_9

West Underwater Cave does not consistently spawn loot crates, nor does it consistently spawn two items in the crates.  Prior to 261 I could get three crates to spawn just by going over the spawn locations.  Now, I can't get more than two to spawn.  Was this an intended change, or is it a bug?  Can anyone else confirm?

Another bug:  When searching for an engram, you cannot learn it.  However, if you search it out in the list- then it lets you learn it. Confirmed with Air Conditioner and Vault Engrams (Level 100, ~2400 engram points available).

Also, can we please get rid of the auto-location feature?  With it, it completely invalidates the need for a GPS or compass.  I honestly enjoyed having to learn how to navigate the map using only land features and the compass when I got it (and eventually the GPS).  As it stands, there shouldn't be any way for a fresh-spawn Bob to know EXACTLY where he is on the map. 

It's like these large patches are simply not the QOL patches everyone is waiting for, but massive lists of unnecessary changes that nobody really likes.

really? lvl 200+ arthros in the swamp cave, really? who came up with that "bright" idea. Probably the same clueless person that thought of the TEK Trough. 

I don't really care about the mushroom change but, put it this way. Why? just....why? People ate mushroom for food, so? why nerf something that has no effect on anything whatsoever, the only result of this change is pissing people off.

'The Wildcard Way' take something pointless but mildly helpful, remove it, add more grind.

Its not the way to develop a game and keep in the good graces of your players. 

7 hours ago, powerstuck said:

Not that this will get any attention, but seeing how devs always sneak in a few nasty ''improvement'' surprises, let's hear about it.

1) Consuming Rare Mushroom and Rare Flowers now gives their intended effects

Look, I know the game is in development, except it is not because it will release in a month to public...

So my first question is : How can a desired effect be so random, never have you guys told us anything about their ''desired effect''. The person who made 261 change just woke up this morning and decided...yep i'm gonna poop, brush my teeth and screw up rare mushrooms and rare flowers and call it an intended effect. 

Not only is the greatest food ever now useless, had counter effects but also...people had 1000s of boxes full of those...and there are none anymore. Not a single stack of rare mushrooms to be found. They all got removed. I guess it was intended. 

My second question is : what is the point in a) giving it super weight (15 per a stack of 100), b) spoil timer (1 day 5 hours) and c) the poison effects. 

You did made a nice game, but I swear your non existent communication skills will make you kill your own unborn baby. Today, I give this game a 6 months lifespan post release. 

So, I would really love for a dev to explain how any of this makes senses, and when I say dev, I really hope someone who makes decisions and not a CM or one of the very well known players that get paid to post positive feedback about the game all day long.

It states in the description of the items their intended use, if you would read them you could have known. I was always confused why they didn't do what they were supposed to. Also, they most likely had to remove the mushrooms due to pushing out a completely new item. 

261 is taking the FUN out of the game, look its barely in top 10 with steam.  How?  Scorched earth wyvern raising = IMPOSSIBLE!!!!  Dragons eat @ 2.5 food per sec thats 1 milk every 30mins (previously 1milk = 3hrs) now 1 milk = 30mins which means you have to feed your dragon once every 30mins FOR FOUR DAYS!!! cmon devs no one has that kinda time.

I have been w/ ark since the beginning (6500hrs) it has gone from a FUN game, to a TEDIOUS checklist of CHORES i have to do to maintain my base.  Everyday its like Refill Xplants, refill bullets from griefers, repair generators (scorched earth) refil useless tek generator (still shuts off on SE DILO) refill meat for dinos, refill berries for dinos, now after 261 get meat for tribe, cook tribe meat. 

Game has become a list of task that are BORING AF...i cant tell you the last time i had fun....wait i can, when wyverns were hatch and forget, i actually LEFT MY BASE and flew around and did stuff FUN in the game, even went back to the island because i wasnt CONSTNATLY bogged down with endless chores living in SE and 261 just made it worse.

TLDR = Wyverns are broken/unraisible, Game is less fun more tedious, LESS TIME SINKS more fun. cant have fun when majority of game is maintenance of base

I don't get it why people hate us "shroomies"... :D "Eat meat! It's easy to obtain!" "Mushrooms were OP!" blablabla. What the eff is your problem with people eating mushrooms? We had a disadvantage and that was healing by eating them. So I think cooked meat is more op. The thing about the change for me is that I now have to spend even more time for a grind/chore - AGAIN! Next thing I see incoming is water purifying, because we don't spend enough time ingame right now... 9_9

Archived