False Advertising?

BajaResident

Anyone in single player or on a dedicated server can have Tek if they want it.  I'm a solo player on an official server and I have most of the Tek armor engrams, I just don't make it because it isn't worth it.

I do however have plenty of Tek behemoth gates, transmitters, replicator and 100s of element in the vault.

Tek is available to anyone with the drive to get it and those who simply don't have the time can get all they want on SP or dedicated.

1 in 10000 might be high, but I have played for almost 2 years on and off officials and mostly on a private server with 8-10 of us. 

Only done a Boss Fight one time. By the time we get to the point of being able to do any of the boss, most of us are ready to do something else. 

I agree it takes way to long to get tot he point to battle the bosses and then they are so difficult not worth going after.

Have done a Boss on official server once, 7 of us went in with 12 250+ Rexes and a Wolf. 
4 of us lived and 5 Rexes lived. Everything else died getting us 10 Element (was the lowest level boss) 

That seems like it is too hard for casual gamers. 

I believe tek is a tad difficult to get but not impossible. My problem with tek is that you build it from element and everything needs element to run. This means grinding bosses constantly. I have been able to kill the bosses with a pair of friends and a ton of rexes (10-20). I have the tekgrams, but no desire to build them. The generator is massive and does not fit with my rustic northern town look and cannot be hidden in a normal sized building. After that, I need to spend loads more resources building the replicator. Then I get to blow even more building tek gear. Oh and after all of that? I have to grind bosses to keep it working. No thanks.

Still, the tekgrams are VERY obtainable.

17 hours ago, BajaResident said:

4 out of 4 players in the site's banner are wearing Tek gear, but only 1 in 10,000 players will ever get to Tek tier. 

How is it false advertising?

Tek gear appears in the artwork. Tek gear is in the game. Tek -can- be obtained by anyone. It's not given to you, you earn it.

If you don't have tek gear, it's your own fault. Get good, or get modded. Raptor Jesus, it's been nothing but a whine fest since the damn flyer nerf. It's getting old!

17 hours ago, CriD said:

1 in 10000? So by your math, 1 person in 142 island servers, will have access to tek? And that's only 142 if each is full 70/70. So in reality more like 1 player(not even his tribe just 1 guy) in 300 island servers.

Do you people even think before you spew this nonsense?

Yeah that's the one mate, I'd say at least one tribe on every server has access usually the whole alliance on that server, that's at least ten people on each server and usually servers are only 20/70 so maybe half of the people on ark use tek. 

DILO is wrong with you all? dont you reilase this is a joke post? LOL 

And how you know its not 1 out of 10.000? you opinion is as valid as BajaResident.. There is about 60K to 100K people playing ark per day just in steam, and in the servers i play there are not that many full Tek users, dont know the actual ratio cause it does not matter... 

pisses me off having to explain a joke to small minded people... and it ruins the joke

Clearly is wasn't a joke. What happened was you had no idea what you were talking about and the whole thing backfired on you because of exaggerations. 

On the main official PVE server I play on there are about a dozen players with tek. Out of those dozen, 4 are alpha ascended, 5 are beta ascended. The other two didn't quite make it. Either ended up in the lava or got one shotted by a lvl 400 dimorph.

On 06/07/2017 at 6:23 PM, MaHaBe said:

1 in 10000 might be high, but I have played for almost 2 years on and off officials and mostly on a private server with 8-10 of us. 

Only done a Boss Fight one time. By the time we get to the point of being able to do any of the boss, most of us are ready to do something else. 

I agree it takes way to long to get tot he point to battle the bosses and then they are so difficult not worth going after.

Have done a Boss on official server once, 7 of us went in with 12 250+ Rexes and a Wolf. 
4 of us lived and 5 Rexes lived. Everything else died getting us 10 Element (was the lowest level boss) 

That seems like it is too hard for casual gamers. 

That isn't solo

22 hours ago, fxg said:

DILO is wrong with you all? dont you reilase this is a joke post? LOL 

And how you know its not 1 out of 10.000? you opinion is as valid as BajaResident.. There is about 60K to 100K people playing ark per day just in steam, and in the servers i play there are not that many full Tek users, dont know the actual ratio cause it does not matter... 

pisses me off having to explain a joke to small minded people... and it ruins the joke

Obviously I was being sarcastic.

Archived