Steam ARK Price Raises

steziks

49 minutes ago, 10,000 Jelly Doughnuts said:

Think it is factoring in your taxes, forget what they are called. VAT is what reddit says

Well, Scorched Earth is 19.99$ and 19.99€, so the VAT differs between the base game and the DLC? Not to mention, that not even the triple A games (base game) costs that much on steam, not even the recently released ones. The pricing of ARK in euro makes no sense. Don't take me wrong, I love this game, but that price tag will scare off any potential new players from the EU after release if that's the actual price and not an error.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, TotallyUncool said:

Well, Scorched Earth is 19.99$ and 19.99€, so the VAT differs between the base game and the DLC? Not to mention, that not even the triple A games (base game) costs that much on steam, not even the recently released ones. The pricing of ARK in euro makes no sense. Don't take me wrong, I love this game, but that price tag will scare off any potential new players from the EU after release if that's the actual price and not an error.

Not familiar with your taxes sorry. I think it might be an error, will look at the dev tracker for more info

30 minutes ago, TotallyUncool said:

Not to mention, that not even the triple A games (base game) costs that much on steam, not even the recently released ones.

I can't agree on this point.  I looked over the list of game prices earlier today and there were quite a few AAA titles that were at that $59.95 point.  It seems to be a relatively popular price point nowadays.

12 minutes ago, ranger1presents said:

I can't agree on this point.  I looked over the list of game prices earlier today and there were quite a few AAA titles that were at that $59.95 point.  It seems to be a relatively popular price point nowadays.

Oh, yes, that is the price that pretty much all of them seem to be going for (59.99€ here), but none of them is 69.99€ like ARK is. That's what I'm talking about and what I find odd.

Just now, TotallyUncool said:

Oh, yes, that is the price that pretty much all of them seem to be going for (59.99€ here), but none of them is 69.99€ like ARK is. That's what I'm talking about and what I find odd.

Gotcha!  Yeah, I'm still waiting to see how that ends up... it's pretty bazaar,  to the point that I feel that an error has likely been made.  While it's certainly possible (perhaps a VAT related issue) I will be extremely surprised if that's the final EU pricing upon release.

Iv put just under 1000 hrs in this game and its worth $40 simply because its a AA game. AAA games are $60. The DLC is worth $10 but they have been trying to sell it for $20 for almost a year if your smart you wait for a sale which I am. I paid $35 for this game over a year ago and I don't regret it it was a good price plus as soon as it becomes play anywhere I can enjoy it on my PC too.  

They are being ambitious which is ok but reality will kick in once refunds and down votes come and the price will be $40 IMO. ;) 

Seriously thou why is this game getting a physical release? lol Gonna still have to download the huge updates and use up the HDD space.

7 minutes ago, ranger1presents said:

Gotcha!  Yeah, I'm still waiting to see how that ends up... it's pretty bazaar,  to the point that I feel that an error has likely been made.  While it's certainly possible (perhaps a VAT related issue) I will be extremely surprised if that's the final EU pricing upon release.

Same here. It's even stranger as the DLC is 19.99€/19.99$, which makes the VAT argument not quite as valid.

I love ARK and want it to do well on launch and continue being a success, so a price tag that makes the game stick out in a negative way makes me a bit worried. I should probably realise I'm not WC's mom and relax a bit I guess. xD 

2 hours ago, Lewiatan said:

it's not a matter how many hours you can get from the game of entertainment. The matter is if quality of the game (good optimisation, few to none bugs and then entertaining mechanics) justify the price. Currently It does not. Neither it would after the premiere, because let's be honest they will not fix optimisation and bugs in less than a month. People will get mid beta version of game in shops.

But how's that different than 95% of all games out there? Software development is not an exact science, people are still finding bugs in decade old open source code.

I just think it's extremely CAN'T THINK OF PROPER TERM to talk poop about a games` worth that you've already garnered thousands of hours of entertainment from. It's very disingenuous, to say the least. 

Software allways has bugs, it's in the nature of it's complexity.

Try to make a bug free software, even a small one, send it to me and i find you some bugs.

I think it's amazing how much the devs try and fix things. Yes we are waiting for some important fixes, but it's still not released. And no one can complain they dont push out updates with tons of fixes.

If you ask me i cant see them having a complete game that would be worth 60 dollars by August. Ive been playing for awhile and aside from minor improvements and new dinos, every update has made the game worse. I just cant understand how you are suppose to be doing these things to drastically improve your game yet in reality it only makes it worse. Sure i understand that this game should have only been released on computer but the fact that wildcard seen a lucrative opportunity going to consoles i cant be mad at em. However with the delay in updates and the game basically unplayable how do they expect for consumers to spend 60 and be satisfied? I mean they couldnt even get Ragnarok out by the 4th how is it even possible for them to make the appropriate changes to have this game complete in 1 month? Its not possible and if you dont own this game yet id wait til December when they realize they will not get 60 for it and it goes on sale. Graphics on at least 30 different species of dinos are completely broken and i mean COMPLETELY and them are the only ones i came across before i became to frustrated to even play. I understand this is just me ranting and that it is basically pointless but ONE THING THAT IS CERTAIN ARK IS NO WHERE NEAR A POSITION TO BE SOLD FOR 60 DOLLARS.

3 minutes ago, KeeLo said:

If you ask me i cant see them having a complete game that would be worth 60 dollars by August. Ive been playing for awhile and aside from minor improvements and new dinos, every update has made the game worse. I just cant understand how you are suppose to be doing these things to drastically improve your game yet in reality it only makes it worse. Sure i understand that this game should have only been released on computer but the fact that wildcard seen a lucrative opportunity going to consoles i cant be mad at em. However with the delay in updates and the game basically unplayable how do they expect for consumers to spend 60 and be satisfied? I mean they couldnt even get Ragnarok out by the 4th how is it even possible for them to make the appropriate changes to have this game complete in 1 month? Its not possible and if you dont own this game yet id wait til December when they realize they will not get 60 for it and it goes on sale. Graphics on at least 30 different species of dinos are completely broken and i mean COMPLETELY and them are the only ones i came across before i became to frustrated to even play. I understand this is just me ranting and that it is basically pointless but ONE THING THAT IS CERTAIN ARK IS NO WHERE NEAR A POSITION TO BE SOLD FOR 60 DOLLARS.

Why don't you wait until it releases and then re-assess, instead of calling everyone fools...

If you purchase this game for 60 dollars you are a FOOL. Wait for release and then give my assessment sure sounds like a plausible way of reacting but that's exactly the point im getting at unless they are working with magic this game will not be worth 60 in a months time. There are way to many problems and i feel they put their foot in their mouth by having it be what they would call "complete" by whatever the August release date is. Its kinda hard to push that date back now like they do with every update so im curious because if whats in the patch notes from now til then and make this game complete again let me re-phrase what i was saying "YOURE A FOOL TO SPEND 60 DOLLARS ON ARK"

• Administrator

Our August 8th release is a HARD DATE, we will be releasing on that date. You have to remember that right now we are putting all of our resources(working day and night) towards fixing all the bugs, balancing and polish passes. You also have to understand that the Ragnarok Devs are a completely different team, they are not part of Wildcard, so once we make major changes to our core game, the Ragnarok devs then have to go in and re-make/adjust their mod to work with our new developments. One example of this is we have completely reworked TrueSky, to improve ambient and weather systems. This is a MAJOR change to the core so the Ragnarok devs are having to include this. These types of things are why some things get pushed back.

Just remember, hang in there. We are working our asses off to listen to you guys and fix/integrate the things that are important to you guys. :)

I wouldn't call them fools everyone has there price point. I paid $35 and would have paid up to $40 but thats just me. I think the DLC is only worth $10 and I will wait for a sale however if someone buys it for $20 they aren't dumb they just have a higher sweet spot price. Its all about what the value is to you. I think $60 for a game thats been out for 2 years is a lil high but GTA V has been doing it so let em try this game goes on sale about every 2 months and there will be half off Christmas sales and used copies of the retail disks will flood Amazon and Ebay soon enough so the $60 price point is irrelevant if one waits patiently.

8 minutes ago, Casanova said:

Our August 8th release is a HARD DATE, we will be releasing on that date. You have to remember that right now we are putting all of our resources(working day and night) towards fixing all the bugs, balancing and polish passes. You also have to understand that the Ragnarok Devs are a completely different team, they are not part of Wildcard, so once we make major changes to our core game, the Ragnarok devs then have to go in and re-make/adjust their mod to work with our new developments. One example of this is we have completely reworked TrueSky, to improve ambient and weather systems. This is a MAJOR change to the core so the Ragnarok devs are having to include this. These types of things are why some things get pushed back.

Just remember, hang in there. We are working our asses off to listen to you guys and fix/integrate the things that are important to you guys. :)

It would be nice to have a thread of bugs and glitches currently being worked on.  Many of us have brought up bugs and glitches in several threads that seem to be getting ignored all together.  Albeit perceptions are a bit lop sided-ed typically, however it would be nice to know that some of the bugs we've mentioned have at least been acknowledged and at the very least categorized by order of priority.

I for one am incredibly frustrated with the disappearing torch bug, that just seems to be getting swept under the rug.  Also the one where canteens become empty when taking them out of a tap.  Both bugs were brought up in separate posts and not one person from the dev team has even suggested that they are looking into them, or that they have been categorized as low priority. 

Fools for paying $60? Your a troll arent you? 

I haven't met one person that hasn't put at least 100 hours into ark. Let's say 120. So for .50 n hour, people are fools to pay that much?

You know what. I'm just gonna stop before I get into the tons of people with 1k hours cause I'm pretty sure your just a salty uninformed troll.

• Administrator

We have repeatidly asked for people to post their bugs in certain threads, here is one: 

Another thing to note, just because people don't get a reply from us it doesn't mean we aren't aware of and working on that bug. More than likely the bug has been reported 100s of times already and we are aware of it.

Many thanks

1 minute ago, CriD said:

Fools for paying $60? Your a troll arent you? 

I haven't met one person that hasn't put at least 100 hours into ark. Let's say 120. So for .50 n hour, people are fools to pay that much?

You know what. I'm just gonna stop before I get into the tons of people with 1k hours cause I'm pretty sure your just a salty uninformed troll.

Right, they way I look at life and time. Is it at work I get payed X amount. If I play ark for y hours I will very quickly approach its money worth. and anything past that is just a bonus

9 minutes ago, Casanova said:

We have repeatidly asked for people to post their bugs in certain threads, here is one: 

Another thing to note, just because people don't get a reply from us it doesn't mean we aren't aware of and working on that bug. More than likely the bug has been reported 100s of times already and we are aware of it.

Many thanks

This thread is for single player bugs only.  What about the official multiplayer servers?

22 minutes ago, Casanova said:

Many thanks

Well do you blame us?  You guys post on every other social site ike twitter but leave everyone here in the dark...

People didnt even know ragnarok was delayed until a couple people posted screenshots of the tweet...

This is your OFFICAL FORUM it shouldnt be last for everything.

Archived