Anyone else playing primitive mode on official (not primitive+)?

Krampus132

I played primitive PvP for a short while before jumping in to P+. This was back when P+ first came out, so I'm not sure if there has been any changes. But I remember feeling left out; everything that was coming out, besides dino's, wasn't accessible on primitive. Even today, there's nothing exclusively for primitive that makes it worth it to me. It's a neat idea but the execution needs work.

49 minutes ago, Irk said:

I played primitive PvP for a short while before jumping in to P+. This was back when P+ first came out, so I'm not sure if there has been any chances. But I remember feeling left out; everything that was coming out, besides dino's, wasn't accessible on primitive. Even today, there's nothing exclusively for primitive that makes it worth it to me. It's a neat idea but the execution needs work.

Yeah, you are right. My tribe has put in so much time on primitive and are feeling a bit FOMO. 

Not to mention, dino trading for primitive is pretty much non-existent in the forums xD 

I put 1500 hours in on primitive pve pc, got wyverns and all. Than I quit right when all the nerfs started maybe December of last year. The tribe just murdered all our Dino's and dumped all of our bps. We switched to vanilla servers, and haven't looked back. 

Its myfeeling that the devs don't want people playing this mode, they want you to play prim+. In fact they said as much in an announcement last year. 

9 minutes ago, Iamkemical said:

I put 1500 hours in on primitive pve pc, got wyverns and all. Than I quit right when all the nerfs started maybe December of last year. The tribe just murdered all our Dino's and dumped all of our bps. We switched to vanilla servers, and haven't looked back. 

Its myfeeling that the devs don't want people playing this mode, they want you to play prim+. In fact they said as much in an announcement last year. 

hectic! I didn't know about the announcement re: primitive. 

I've been trying to play on official Tek PVP servers and get a base going (takes some getting used to being a low level noob again after being in an alpha tribe on primitive), but the big tribes just seem to wipe you on sight for fun with c4 and rockets. 

I play PVE primitive on PC, something like 4,000 hours almost all solo, normal prim (IE not prim+) is basically the red headed step child of ark - hell we STILL dont have access to thecenter map so im not holding my breath for access to ragnarok. I will admit there is less to do, but at the same time its generally quieter as official servers go (17 is my servers 'peak' think highest iv ever seen was like 22) so with the exception of a troll thats spent more than a year trying to take over the south east corner of the map its been pretty nice - at least before wildcards repeated attempts to suck the fun out of primitive/the ocean so now days I just log in to refill preservation bins and feed my dinos until they finally break me or actually fix the stuff that bugs me (badabum psh).

1 hour ago, Krampus132 said:

What level are you currently at? Also, are you breeding dinos? 

I'm level 99 and yes, we currently have 2 Quetzals 3 gigas and a few random pets being bred

I honestly prefer prim, the tech tier stuff never interested me in the slightest and i certainly don't miss rocket launchers and C4

Luckily Xbox has 'prim' centre servers so most of my 2k hours has been played on that but I'm also getting into scorched a bit atm.  My server peaks at around 35 midweek and 45-50 on the weekends 

• 3 weeks later...

I started on regular official pvp and was raided every weekend. Being a solo player it's tough, near impossible to avoid raids. 

I moved to primitive hoping to get a little more peace and focus on farming and building up my skills and base. I love it. Less worries, I have a good server with good tribes. 

But like you said, trading is almost non existent. On our server there are a few tribes who have good breeding systems eatablished

I play on PvP Primitive Hardcore with my tribemates. I am 89, almost 90 as we speak.

Tamed/saddled high level gigas - Done.
Tamed high level quetzals - Done.
Carverns of Lost Faith - Done.

As far as breeding goes, we are currently breeding argentavis, carnos, mammoths, sharks, ovis...
Rexes & Spinos are awfully rare on our server, so it will take some time for them.

Currently preparing for a tusoteuthis tame in the upcoming weeks and still looking for a max level female basilo to mate with our 255 male.

As a tribe, we are helping newcomers by giving them basic tools/armor and even the starter tames if required. We trade with all active members on the server for whatever they might need, metal, crystal, eggs, etc. Honestly I am very looking foward for a a PvP Primitive Hardcore Ragnarok server for new adventures. Right now, we are limited to 3 small (The Island) servers...

Regards.

33 minutes ago, JAG219 said:

I started on regular official pvp and was raided every weekend. Being a solo player it's tough, near impossible to avoid raids. 

I moved to primitive hoping to get a little more peace and focus on farming and building up my skills and base. I love it. Less worries, I have a good server with good tribes. 

But like you said, trading is almost non existent. On our server there are a few tribes who have good breeding systems eatablished

What platform do you play on? On Xbox they're are plenty of trading routes, just need to open them up so to speak

3 hours ago, Flaminraptors said:

What platform do you play on? On Xbox they're are plenty of trading routes, just need to open them up so to speak

3 hours ago, Flaminraptors said:

I play on Xbox one. I haven't found a reliable source yet for trading

On 7/20/2017 at 6:49 PM, Darkholis said:

I play on PvP Primitive Hardcore with my tribemates. I am 89, almost 90 as we speak.

Tamed/saddled high level gigas - Done.
Tamed high level quetzals - Done.
Carverns of Lost Faith - Done.

As far as breeding goes, we are currently breeding argentavis, carnos, mammoths, sharks, ovis...
Rexes & Spinos are awfully rare on our server, so it will take some time for them.

Currently preparing for a tusoteuthis tame in the upcoming weeks and still looking for a max level female basilo to mate with our 255 male.

As a tribe, we are helping newcomers by giving them basic tools/armor and even the starter tames if required. We trade with all active members on the server for whatever they might need, metal, crystal, eggs, etc. Honestly I am very looking foward for a a PvP Primitive Hardcore Ragnarok server for new adventures. Right now, we are limited to 3 small (The Island) servers...

Regards.

Nice! What server do you play on? We might know each other in game.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I play on official EU Primitive PVE server... and I really like this game mode cause the farming pressure is not as high as on standard mode servers... and things are a little bit more challenging on primitive... kill chance when knocking out a high lvl dire bear is too high for my taste  ...might be I have to test the harpoon from short distance ;)  I am currently breeding good Argies and would like to trade ... Will expand to SE in a few weeks...currently preparing. And I hope to see Ragnarok primitive official servers...

The only annoying drawback is the implementation of loot drops. It seems for me there are no dedicated loot tables for primitive and lazy wildcard programmes (not really) simple filter out non primitive items after the random loot algorithms has calculated the loot for a drop... that leads to so many empty (crop plot, water jar only) purple yellow and red loot drops... that could be done much better in less than a workday by an average programmer ;)

1 hour ago, Boogi said:

kill chance when knocking out a high lvl dire bear is too high for my taste  ...

While I believe wildcard is quietly squeezing old primitive servers out the door (lack of support, absurdly behind on the free dlc map servers, ect ect) protip from us ancient primy players: bears are counted as carnivores and while they wont willingly harvest a corpse in the wild, you can trick them into doing it to heal them up. Drop a phomia corpse in with them (on a argy look at the corpse and press G unless they changed it, note youll be VERY slow carrying it this way but the corpse wont rot as fast) then fly down near the corpse so the bear hits it while trying to hit your argy, bam healed bear.

Archived