Lets start a dino buff list!

MrDynamicMan

Megalodon: Gains the ability to inflict a bleed on his target that activates a Feeding Frenzy buff on all Megalodons within a wide range. The buff aggroes the Megalodons on the target and increases the damage that they do, but also increases the damage that they take in return.

Rex: Melee damage is increased, and his roar gives his attacks a crushing effect that cripples the target. Has a significant cooldown.

6 hours ago, MrDynamicMan said:

Giga: Now hear me out on this one. Gigas are where they should be (in terms of damage) but just either make level ups more imoactful on HP or raise base HP. A 130-150 perfect giga will end up with about 17.5-18k hp, which, while decent, gets completely outshredded by a 25-30k hp rex. Again, could be for balance, but given the investment for a giga I think they should be a little mre on the tankier side. It feels like they where balanced for the old 120 dino stats and are getting outstripped in 150.

HP wise it does. My 240 something giga (leveled) does 900 damage per hit with 18k HP, while my Rex does ~450, attacks faster, and has 25k HP. The giga is still better, but very marginally.

I'm of the opinion that there should be no dino in the game that's an absolute downgrade as compared to another dinosaur in the game. Much less so when we're talking about a beast as legendary as the Rex. WC seems to agree with that thinking, considering that they've been working to give other dinosaurs like Carnos and even Paras valid niches to fill. Even after the nerfs Gigas are still arguably just a bigger, better Rex. Especially after imprinting when it's HP jumps up to around 34K. Frankly with the numbers that you gave it sounds like you just have very good Rex and a very poopty Giga.

Like sal said they need to just rework the Giga into a 'normal' dino.

Quetzal: This poor guy just needs a speed buff, especially on ragnarok.

The speed nerf took some getting used to, but I actually think that he's in a good spot now. As a sky Bronto who can bypass all obstacles it stands to reason that he should be slow. He's still one of the most useful creatures in the game by far.

Phiomia needs a rework of their baby stages. Too long for such a useless creature or it should be used for auto crop gathering. Only way I can see it viable for any advanced tribe.

Maybe have Phiomia drop pork instead of regular meat? Pork isn't a good taming food like mutton, but instead gives a buff to healing and melee damage when eaten by carnivores.

Once upon a time there was a 50 foot crocodylian that would've been the Apex predator of the swamps and a major threat to those who ventured too close to the water.

It was introduced to the ARK, and made into a glitchy laughing stock who was only deadly to Phiomias, and could be undone by a Dimorphodon flying in a circle out of its reach or a cloud of bugs.

The Sarco now sits on the beaches bullying naked people and taking the Kaprosuchus' sloppy seconds.

Sarco is not as bad as he used to be, but yeah he could still use some love.

Sarco: Gains a tail swipe attack on land which covers his flanks. Gains a Death Roll attack that deals devastating damage but also drains stamina, and will dismount the Sarco's own rider if the attack is used on land. Gains passive armor.

-Sarco: should be able to act like a bear trap: can be put in turret mode, where it will rapidly lunge at a target which comes too close, grabbing it. Can grab larger creatures than a megalosaurus but has lower mobility when doing so.

-Allosaurus: why did they nerf their base speed for? they tame at 90% now.

-Ichthyosaurus: fix it's attack hitbox.

-Spino: moar hp!

-Sabertooth: some kind of bleed effect like the salmon. It simply is too weak compared to the thyla, bear and direwolf.

-ALL HERBIVORES: the ability to destroy corpses, but not harvest. It is very frustrating to use, lets say, a rhino and get stuck on the victim everytime.

-Raptor: a lunge attack that lets it temporarily leap onto a large target, and bite repeatedly. Can avoid being bitten back if it chooses it's landing spot well, such as the backside of a giga.

I definitely want an Allosaurus buff. It might not need it, but I definitely want it. I'd give them a slight increase to melee damage (around a base 40, I'd say) and an extra element to their bleed effect: Not only would the attack slow enemy movement, but it would also slow the enemy's attack speed. Getting ripped open by a Pack Leader Allosaurus would reduce enemies to Day Time Megalosaurus attack speeds. Of course, I'm pretty biased towards the Allo, but whatever. 

I feel like we should also be able to wield weapons on Carnos. I mean, I can shoot from the back of a Megatherium, but not a Carno? It'd also be dope for them to get a Berserker ability. When their HP drops to 50%, they'll gain a damage reduction bonus, a stamina bonus and a melee bonus. Basically your clutch fighters for when you're in a sticky situation. 

Trikes should be one of the best herbivores in the game. Buff the Trike considerably and let the Stego replace it as the early game herbivorous mount. I'm talking about a base 500 Carry Weight, 700 or so base Health and either half the stamina drain it takes now  (with about a 30% increase to the stamina stat altogether) or buff the base movement speed. Let's not forget the ability to attack while moving. I'd also give it something similar to the Megatherium, although it'd be more along the lines of 'theropod killer' rather than 'insect killer'. 

Please buff the Megalania. Either faster or more health, but allowing it to infect other animals with Megarabies would be great. I can appreciate the rider being the main source of damage, but a Giant Komodo Dragon should definitely be more formidable than what we've got now.  

A lot of Dinos need buffs, even if they are just little tweaks.

Stego -  could really use more speed once tamed, they are pitifully slow and their level ups really dont put any real speed into them. I feel like they would see more use if they became faster.

Trike/Pachyrhino - They could really benefit from a charging mechanic, much like the Whooly rhino, build speed and rule the ark!, or even just like the dire bear, the longer you sprint the faster you go.

Raptor - More speed when tamed, and a pack bonus both wild and tamed.

Pachy - More torpor with head butt.

Pulmino - More Torpor.

Beezle - More Torpor.

Carno/Allo/Rex/Giga - Carno, less health, less damage, more speed than an Allo. Allo, less health, less damage, more speed than a Rex, but the Alpha in a pack should get a decent buff other than the bleed damage, some damge resist and and a buff to damage done. Rex, less health, less damage, and more speed than a Giga. Giga should have higher health, more damage and less pead than a Rex. I feel like this group should have a steady progression of one to the next, so they feel like upgrades. right now this isnt exactly the case.

Diplo - needs to be able to be more than a bus, gather ability would be great.

Bronto - slight speed/stamina buff.

Galli - Speed buff, its useless for anything but carrying 3 people quickly from a to b, and it honestly doesnt do its only job very well. If it went faster it would be more worthwhile.

Onyc - needs a nightime buff, where at night its more powerful, making it more useful, and a buff to damage, it should be better as a swarm than a swarm of Dimo's in caves.

Terror Birds - slight buff to speed.

Titanomyrna - Increase to amoutn of wild groups, 5 ants are not that intimidating.

Jerboa - Need to be able to find higher than level 1's this needs to be fixed like 6 months ago.

This is my take on what needs to be changed, notice the biggest thing is land speed, the faster we can go on land the less dependent we will be on air, and the faster some of the early game type tames, the more useful they will be in later game. Stego's would be used long after you got a bronto if only they had a speed advantage over bronto's.

And the addition of some abilities to certain dino's would make them much more useful.

19 minutes ago, ilShadow said:

Onyc - needs a nightime buff, where at night its more powerful, making it more useful, and a buff to damage, it should be better as a swarm than a swarm of Dimo's in caves.

Onycs get a 10% per hit chance to give you hardcore lizard-ebola-aids like the Megalania in the upcoming version 261. Imagine that with even higher melee... So no thanks! :D 

5 minutes ago, DomiDarko said:

Onycs get a 10% per hit chance to give you hardcore lizard-ebola-aids like the Megalania in the upcoming version 261. Imagine that with even higher melee... So no thanks! :D 

but I was on Ragnarok on our unofficial, I don't know the % of getting "mega-rabies" but I had 7 hitting me and never got it. but I think my fort is somewhere near 70

couldnt agree more in the case of the pachy for all the effort it takes to tame the vicious little s.o.bs theyre quite underwhelming i think they should do roughly the same damage as a raptor maybe 15% less considering they do torpor damage also in regards to there charge attack they need to ramp up the torpor damage of that up considerably maybe even higher than a horse kick its a very hard attack to land you should be rewarded for actually hitting.

4 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

-ALL HERBIVORES: the ability to destroy corpses, but not harvest. It is very frustrating to use, lets say, a rhino and get stuck on the victim everytime.

-Raptor: a lunge attack that lets it temporarily leap onto a large target, and bite repeatedly. Can avoid being bitten back if it chooses it's landing spot well, such as the backside of a giga.

Yes, herbivores need to either be able to destroy corpses or push them out of the way.

I was literally just thinking about how a raptor should be able to jump onto a larger animal and rake it with its claws for a limited amount of time. Perhaps even having a chance of falling off if the animal is moving fast or turning fast.

The raptor attack as it is right now is weak and leaves much to be desired of such a famous creature.

8 hours ago, MrDynamicMan said:

Is it bad that I completely forgot the sarco exists because it's so bad? 

Eh, I think of them as easy prime. Diplos have too much HP to get prime quickly, so I use sarcos instead!

5 hours ago, MayonnaisePlease said:

SPINOSAUR should have higher base HP and, like the baryonyx, restore hp quickly when eating fish meat.

The megalania also needs a dmg buff as it can really only take on dilos

Yes to spinosaur

Or you know, make Mega Rabies work on dinos? 

I want some "useless" creature to get a saddle with a fabricator saddle. That was what I was hoping for mantis when they released the teaser. 

18 hours ago, MrDynamicMan said:

On a more general note, I'm very happy with the way ragnarok handles (and is built for) flyers. It really feels like the mapper knew how people played and made the map interesting to account for that.

Actually, they've said that the map was made with land animals in mind. As in, there's nowhere on the map that a land animal can't get to. There're paths everywhere and many things are hidden in the nooks and crannies that might be better explored with land animals. One of my personal favorite things about the map. 

Carno - Good on HP and Damage, really needs a good roar and better movement animations for the love of god, carno visual update please?

I would really like to see the ability to wield weapons on Carno, being the largest carnivore that still allows this, and either add a berserker buff when low HP like mentioned before or even better imo give the carno the ability to lowe their head start a controllable charge with its horns out that slowly builds up in speed and when in contact with a dino or character knocks them back like their being shot into the moon and does high damage proportion to the speed charged, basically being a battering ram or living up to its name sake meat eating bull.

10 hours ago, Zederia said:

but I was on Ragnarok on our unofficial, I don't know the % of getting "mega-rabies" but I had 7 hitting me and never got it. but I think my fort is somewhere near 70

They haven't added it yet. It's coming in patch 261 (which should be dropping for us PC players today or tomorrow, or the following day). So yeah, once bats get the change in inflict rabies, I don't think they should get a damage buff.

28 minutes ago, Ulta said:

They haven't added it yet. It's coming in patch 261 (which should be dropping for us PC players today or tomorrow, or the following day). So yeah, once bats get the change in inflict rabies, I don't think they should get a damage buff.

"chance to give you hardcore lizard-ebola-aids like the Megalania"

I was referring to the megalania

10 minutes ago, Zederia said:

"chance to give you hardcore lizard-ebola-aids like the Megalania"

I was referring to the megalania

Oh. Yes the Megalania should still give rabies when it bites you. I dunno about the percentage though. You said you are on an unofficial server though yes? Your server admin may have disease turned off possibly.

Any creature that can't move while attacking needs to be able to do so.

13 hours ago, Lockjaw said:

Sarco: Gains a tail swipe attack on land which covers his flanks. Gains a Death Roll attack that deals devastating damage but also drains stamina, and will dismount the Sarco's own rider if the attack is used on land. Gains passive armor.

Are you me?  Because these are exactly the things I've been saying the Sarco needs.  To add onto the tail swipe suggestion, I think it should have high knockback and low damage.  They also seriously need their turning radius in the water fixed.  It makes no sense at all that they're so unmaneuverable when swimming.  They're crocs for goodness sake!

2 hours ago, extinction1337 said:

Carno - Good on HP and Damage, really needs a good roar and better movement animations for the love of god, carno visual update please?

I would really like to see the ability to wield weapons on Carno, being the largest carnivore that still allows this, and either add a berserker buff when low HP like mentioned before or even better imo give the carno the ability to lowe their head start a controllable charge with its horns out that slowly builds up in speed and when in contact with a dino or character knocks them back like their being shot into the moon and does high damage proportion to the speed charged, basically being a battering ram or living up to its name sake meat eating bull.

Could also add the stun effect that bary/microraptor have when hitting at full charge.

A lot dinos shoud be reworked . How often did you see the rider on megalosaurus ( its rare dino , you should put a lot efforts if you decided to tame it , in CAVE so that automatically shows the complexity of his domestication, especially after the update with an increase in the level of cave mobs and what we all get ? Unplayable piece of meat unfortunately )

on Chalicoterium (requierd unique type of food that is long produced, requires a lot of resources for a barrel
, time and absolutely useless for everything else? 

On terror bird -( which should be in my opinion a dino for low / middle tier players bc they not had a lot health , damage but their taming without kibbles - pain and babysiting . Low levels cant tame it - hight levels doesnt need them at all ) 

and the same stuff .

Archived