State of the ARK - Updates

Jatheish

The game has been dash boarding for two years. Ive been crashing in the same places the whole time. Now its because of low memory? I'm not buying it. Ive been playing before the quetz was introduced same problems the entire time. I think they are prepping us fore server wipe. That is why the don't care about dupping ddos and dash boarding. Its going to be their scapegoat. That memory excuse is BS

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Serious question.

Will this game ever be able to run smooth on current gen consoles? Few examples of what I mean smooth. Raiding big bases/massive bases rendering lag constantly until you leave a certain area. Those are just a few that come to mind. Will the console ever be able to run this game smoothly? And is there going to be any major optimizations for both PC and console soon? 

2 minutes ago, Pogue1995 said:

Serious question.

Will this game ever be able to run smooth on current gen consoles? Few examples of what I mean smooth. Raiding big bases/massive bases rendering lag constantly until you leave a certain area. Those are just a few that come to mind. Will the console ever be able to run this game smoothly? And is there going to be any major optimizations for both PC and console soon? 

Xbox one x will barely, PlayStation 4 pro wont. Xbox and pc might if u have windows,but ps4 wont.

55 minutes ago, Soldiercide said:

Having the saved file data tabled and accessible would be great, I agree.  It's pretty standard with any other game that saves incrementally or periodically.  Jat responded to the forum were were communicating in, and was trying to duplicate the issues we were having.  Hopefully they will sort it out soon, and we can get back after it.

hopefully he can and hopefully he and the ark team can fix the issues for release i have confidence that ark can pull it togther for there game if anyone can its them cause they are the creators of this beautifull yet broken world that we live in that is ark can't wait for the day that more content and bug fixs get added for the game as time flows hopefully copying saved maps and being able to restart over from there also possibly a renameing map feature would be cool to. x3

Any word on when can we expect a DevKit release? Sorry if you guys are kinda sick of hearing that, but for guys that are "all about the mods", most of the mods are suffering with the lack of devkits and some modded servers are becoming unplayable! We thank the efforts on polish and improving the base game, but mods are getting left behind and breaking servers and gameplays for a lot of people out there. That said, keep up the great work guys! I've being playing for over a year now, and I don't see me leaving anytime soon!

That's great wish you guys would have informed us sooner. yes I know you alerted us two days ago I found out today you said something but you need to announce on the console on ark not everyone gets on Twitter all the time or this site. I uploaded all my stuff and tames in a obelisk on a dedicated player server and he was gonna switch map today but he can't now and I can't reupload my stuff because the host has it set that you can't (planned to change it when he switches map) it's a good thing you guys are fixing stuff and making sure it's all working but make it known a bit quicker next time and also updating ark in the announcements a simple :ragnorak delay too said date we apologize for this and will be making t so it's double whatever. Like come on guys.

Well..the worst thing on the PS4 is the ping 255 issue at the moment. If this is from duping/ddos and can be fixed somehow while doing this at the network level, it would be a huge step to less frustration. On the other side, the last ETA for the ps4 patch is weeks of now, and reading that xbox is getting all the love atm and we have to wait on ps4, well...very frustrating. Ragnarok directly postponed 2 weeks, oh my goodness...

15 hours ago, Volcano637 said:

Good job guys! But just remember. The official release date is not an eta. There will be a lot of people getting their money back from GameStop if that gets pushed back. which is completely understandable. So although I do agree with you guys that the updates are etas, the official release date however, is not.

Ragnarok wasn't an ETA tho.

How bout da underworld and lava path 2 it being way 2 cold.  Underworlds labeled as deep ocean and has tropical trees.  Also it has its own sun, so it has heat realisticly.  Freezing temps r not proper 4 it.  I hvnt checked the delay and velocity of the crossbow 4 a long time but both were horrible and the bolt drop is also effect by da wimpy velocity. I think the cost 2 create sum things need adjusted 2.  A a tranq dart that costs 3x more drug but only packs 1.5-2x torpor is a serious rip off.  Same thing from narc bry 2 narco.  Bk on the dart we alrdy got metal from the casing and if thats not ok then how bout per craft we get 5 or so darts 4 1 ingot.  U guys do no u can craft a hole sword from 1 ingot rite.  5 darts sound bout rite wit the proper narco and powder and just leave out da rifle ammo.  In most games wen u craft u get bk wat u put in if not more.

6 hours ago, froudeybrand said:

Ark is nowhere ready to be released officially, too many bugs and issues from server failures due to ddos attacks and dupers. 

It's not ready at all. This game needs 3 months in beta at least. Let's not forget the game will get golden status when it has to be done and sent to factory so the physical copies can be made before premiere. That usually happens around 1-2 weeks before release date. So there is even less time to optimise or fix something. Console and pc players will get beta version of the game on CD. 

I've got to admit, i don't mind that much Ragnarok being push back again. I do want it asap but id rather have a working version then one that is bugged and unplayable. Plus the updates need to be done first.

In regards to the game being ready for release, I cant see it as it was originally going to be released over a year ago or something like that and it still isn't ready. But i still enjoy playing it at the end of the day and if its released not finished, they will just have to have updates like we have had to live with.

• Administrator
10 hours ago, Titus said:

The game has been dash boarding for two years. Ive been crashing in the same places the whole time. Now its because of low memory? I'm not buying it. Ive been playing before the quetz was introduced same problems the entire time. I think they are prepping us fore server wipe. That is why the don't care about dupping ddos and dash boarding. Its going to be their scapegoat. That memory excuse is BS

Memory has always been something to look out because of the limited amount available with consoles, the recent visual change to creatures made us hit our limit a lot sooner than usual. You don't have to buy it, it's just what it is. Though if you've always been crashing in the same place, mind letting me know where that specific spot is? It's possible that could be an area for low memory that we could check out.

12 minutes ago, Jat said:

Memory has always been something to look out because of the limited amount available with consoles, the recent visual change to creatures made us hit our limit a lot sooner than usual. You don't have to buy it, it's just what it is. Though if you've always been crashing in the same place, mind letting me know where that specific spot is? It's possible that could be an area for low memory that we could check out.

I'd guess same as PC. I always get framedrops/lag and very, very poor graphics in the swamp and the Redwoods. Maybe because of the Titanoboas? A staff member mentioned that they cause issues because of their moving, so that's why they won't be tameable... If this is correct: could I just disable them on my server? There's no need for them because you can't find eggs anymore. :( 

That´s so good... But, i would like more to play on my server than to think about Ragnarok, because we past 3 weeks with that.

Sometimes we get disconnect and then rollback, so some dinos disappeared or died because the disconnect, other times we cant join because 9999 Ping, other times basically the server isnt on the server list, right now 22h without join because the server just dissapeared... so i can imagine, my babies gigas will be so good right now.

I love the 2x by the way, especially when the two weekends with the 2x the servers that dont work cant use them, because server is stopped, is not problem if my carbonemys have to be like 3 days for grow, so the gigas... well.

I play on PS4, but i know that happens on Xbox and on Pc too, it would be so good if they fix it, or if its impossible maybe they can say something and i can stop waiting everyday. 

42 minutes ago, Jat said:

On scorched, 2 places that come to mind for constant crashes (on console) are Midlands 3 and anywhere between red ob and green on. **This is scorched** I dashboard every time

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived