State of the ARK - Updates

Jatheish

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, AngryChris73 said:

I'm having doubts at this rate with the patches.

I think it will release because of commitments, but they will be working on it long after....the pc version should be in decent shape, but the consoles.....they have got a tiger by the tail and it keeps turning around and biting the hell out of them....

2 minutes ago, Bigdaddy99 said:

I think it will release because of commitments, but they will be working on it long after....the pc version should be in decent shape, but the consoles.....they have got a tiger by the tail and it keeps turning around and biting the hell out of them....

Well ya, and they'll probably keep sending patches and maybe new dinos every once in awhile after release. It's mainly sony for delays, because they very strict with updates and things, especially with the constant hacks.

1 minute ago, Bigdaddy99 said:

It won't be as much of an issue for Xbox owners with the release of Play Anywhere and the One X.  The gap between PC and the Xbox platform should be narrowed fairly significantly at that point.

thanks for the patch and thanks for letting us know about whats going on however what about the increased hp stats and melee damage that the last update gave me to literaly all my creatures... i now have a wooly rhino with over 5k in melee damage and rex's that are close to that wich ik for sure my rex's didn't have that high in melee post update to bad i dont have a picture of what they had before the update... so i guess i should just take them the way they are cause i feel there way too op... and i dont rlly like opness so idk what ima do with my creatures now. x.x;

13 minutes ago, Soldiercide said:

It won't be as much of an issue for Xbox owners with the release of Play Anywhere and the One X.  The gap between PC and the Xbox platform should be narrowed fairly significantly at that point.

The patches for play anywhere will still have to pass cert, so their ETA's will still be terrible I'd imagine. 

2 hours ago, Volcano637 said:

Good job guys! But just remember. The official release date is not an eta. There will be a lot of people getting their money back from GameStop if that gets pushed back. which is completely understandable. So although I do agree with you guys that the updates are etas, the official release date however, is not.

While I agree the official date should be more solid than a ETA. That doesn't mean it couldn't be delayed. It happens all the time to big game developers of major titles and yet we continue to buy them.

3 minutes ago, cschofie said:

While I agree the official date should be more solid than a ETA. That doesn't mean it couldn't be delayed. It happens all the time to big game developers of major titles and yet we continue to buy them.

Nope it doesn't happen all the time. It rarely happens and it is only by people who can't get the job done. Every game I have bought was right on the date they said it would be released.

doesnt matter if you can name 20. Because there are 100's that do make the date

8 minutes ago, danlillis said:

thanks for the patch and thanks for letting us know about whats going on however what about the increased hp stats and melee damage that the last update gave me to literaly all my creatures... i now have a wooly rhino with over 5k in melee damage and rex's that are close to that wich ik for sure my rex's didn't have that high in melee post update to bad i dont have a picture of what they had before the update... so i guess i should just take them the way they are cause i feel there way too op... and i dont rlly like opness so idk what ima do with my creatures now. x.x;

They added a 'Single Player' option which applies boosted stats and rates.  If you're on console, scroll to the bottom of the settings menu and uncheck the box.  

Just now, Volcano637 said:

Nope it doesn't happen all the time. It rarely happens and it is only by people who can't get the job done. Every game I have bought was right on the date they said it would be released.

MKX (ps3/x360), much? they announced release, then promptly canceled it..

Just now, Volcano637 said:

It's irrelevant in the given context.  Until you're holding the official release of the game in your hand, the game is in development.  When I bought the game on Xbox, I agreed to a host of stipulations; among them, the reality that the game release may be delayed or cancelled entirely.  These are the realities we all agreed to, and the gamble we all took.  This has been a frustrating process, given nearly everything having to do with this game has been delayed; however, those conditions that you agreed to should have done enough to prepare you for the current realities of this game.  It's not likely that the game will be delayed given the involvement of merchandise and physical game copies at this point, but something similar happened with Titanfall 2.  

4 minutes ago, Soldiercide said:

It's irrelevant in the given context.  Until you're holding the official release of the game in your hand, the game is in development.  When I bought the game on Xbox, I agreed to a host of stipulations; among them, the reality that the game release may be delayed or cancelled entirely.  These are the realities we all agreed to, and the gamble we all took.  This has been a frustrating process, given nearly everything having to do with this game has been delayed; however, those conditions that you agreed to should have done enough to prepare you for the current realities of this game.  It's not likely that the game will be delayed given the involvement of merchandise and physical game copies at this point, but something similar happened with Titanfall 2.  

And that's all fine and dandy. I knew what I was getting into and I haven't complained to them once this whole time. I am one of their biggest supporters on here. In fact some people say I regularly kiss their butts. 

I wont however support them if they can't get the job done. Coming on the forums and giving an eta for an update is one thing(still didn't complain about that) but going onto E3 and announcing to the world that the release will be on aug 8th is another.

i still don't see the whole "it happens all the time" thing. I always pre order and then I go pick it up at the midnight release. I have never had to hold off and wait before. But hey I guess it could happen. I mean it's not like I have bought every game ever made. Maybe that's why those games didn't peak my interest, they probably weren't going to be good anyway

3 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

And that's all fine and dandy. I knew what I was getting into and I haven't complained to them once this whole time. I am one of their biggest supporters on here. In fact some people say I regularly kiss their butts. 

I wont however support them if they can't get the job done. Coming on the forums and giving an eta for an update is one thing(still didn't complain about that) but going onto E3 and announcing to the world that the release will be on aug 8th is another.

i still don't see the whole "it happens all the time" thing. I always pre order and then I go pick it up at the midnight release. I have never had to hold off and wait before. But hey I guess it could happen. I mean it's not like I have bought every game ever made. Maybe that's why those games didn't peak my interest, they probably weren't going to be good anyway

I've only had to wait after pre-ordering once, but it was a supply chain issue with a standalone collectors edition.  I can't say that I've ever pre=ordered a game and not played it on the day it was set to release.  Like I said, it's unlikely that the release of this game will be delayed any further than it has been up to this point.  Stranger things and all though.

2 minutes ago, Soldiercide said:

I've only had to wait after pre-ordering once, but it was a supply chain issue with a standalone collectors edition.  I can't say that I've ever pre=ordered a game and not played it on the day it was set to release.  Like I said, it's unlikely that the release of this game will be delayed any further than it has been up to this point.  Stranger things and all though.

Yeah and I get you. I know full well it could be delayed and it is possible. I was just saying it better happen lol

27 minutes ago, Soldiercide said:

They added a 'Single Player' option which applies boosted stats and rates.  If you're on console, scroll to the bottom of the settings menu and uncheck the box.  

ahh so thats what happened... thanks very much~! i thought it was a bug the update did but glad that is wasn't hmm by chance do u know what could of caused a complete wip on Primitive plus on island map wip of all creatures and structures but not the chara's player's lv? cause this has happened to me 2 days ago and this has happened to me in the past on the center(none Primitiveplus) @w@

2 minutes ago, danlillis said:

ahh so thats what happened... thanks very much~! i thought it was a bug the update did but glad that is wasn't hmm by chance do u know what could of caused a complete wip on Primitive plus on island map wip of all creatures and structures but not the chara's player's lv? cause this has happened to me 2 days ago and this has happened to me in the past on the center(none Primitiveplus) @w@

Did you by chance modify any of your settings after you realized things were boosted?

8 minutes ago, Soldiercide said:

Release, don't release, just give me the ability to rent servers for console!  We needs it precious.

I dunno about renting servers for console, but if you are on Xbox at the very least, later they will be implementing a way to use a PC to host a server FOR consoles. It's not exactly what you are asking for but it's something ya?

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived