video 9-man team gets Rekt by Megapithecus (Need some tips)

Ermelious

Hello peeps,

A group of friends and I had decided it was time to face the Megapithecus, since we had already won the Broodmother gamma the previous day. 

We had assumed that the Megapithecus would be slightly just above the Broodmother in terms of strength. But we were wrong and since we left our rex army for a day at the obelisk to heal up, it became even more tempting to go for the Megapithecus as it would be simply 3 artifacts and a few clicks away. 

So after we had re-grouped on the afternoon at the green obelisk with all our armor and weapons replenished, we went for it.. And too our horrid dismay, lost our 17 rex which we had raised from babies along with 1 daedon and 1 yutyrannus. It's hard watching our dinos die :( any tips would be greatly appreciated and would help us on our next battle! (Once we've rebuild our army of coz).

Would like to know aside from the 3 species of dinos we brought along, would there be other alternatives? Such as Spinos or Therizinos? Or would Rexes be our best bet? 

The server that we're playing on has an official like experience in terms of rates such as 1.5x exp, 3x harvest, 3x taming speed and so on. Also the dino stats scaler for wild/tamed and imprinting seems to be at the default rates.

Well seems like half of team died because they messed around , u moved the rexes in the wall , after u took the rexes from there to go boss , boss already came , you didnt use the yuty i think for extra dmg , , u didnt had good stats/saddles on your rexes .Keep your team organized , some on rexes some shooting , if you failed in 9 peeps on monkey ez thats bad.

Yeah, i agree with the others. Not enough coordination, also wrong weapons. You did go in there with stone arrows?

Also, dont actualy ride the rexes, send them in and shoot at it on foot from save distance. The stone he throws kills you from the saddle. The gamma ape is actualy the easiest boss and even with not so good rexes, should be doable.

Here is a video of me and my tribe mate sending in our therys to try and see if therys can take down the gamma. 0% imprint, mid tier saddles and not very high level, so pretty bad therys. They took him down, even if we lost 3 of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpbMhVn3o4Y

I have seen it completed with 10 rexes with high HP and good saddles. 
I have also seen it done with nothing but really high  HP turtles. 

you need something to soak up all the damage and take agro from those bolders. while everyone else unloads on it from afar. 
if using the rexes though be sure to take care after the match, they can falloff the ledge and you loose them . 

Archived