Spoil Times bugged??

tarokahn

I noticed I was having to login and feed the dinos a lot on SE which got me wondering...

Right after a kill I looked at the spoil timer on the meat in my pets inventory and it said 12 Minutes...

Same for berries...

So basically if you don't put meat in the trough every 4 hours there is none... 12 minutes x 20 per stack... This is insanely short

It is difficult enough keeping up with feeding when the trough spoil time is 30 minutes. Please fix this

• 2 weeks later...

they want you to use the salts, put them on the dinos that you are storing food on it will last longer. 

Also, try putting cooked meat or fish... That is what I do, cook everything, they eat more but it lasts longer, as for them fixing it, that is part of the game, the elements are tougher on SE.... It is not supposed to be easy. 

2 hours ago, BlueSpark said:

If they could add code that allowed preserving salt to be used in a trough but only on Scorched Earth, imho this would be a good thing.  It wouldnt make the game that much easier and would encourage more people to play on that map.

With a higher stack then now. Because the stack time is to short. Moere staxk has no effect because all last as long as the first stack

22 minutes ago, Awakatanka said:

With a higher stack then now. Because the stack time is to short. Moere staxk has no effect because all last as long as the first stack

Yes. I guess the preserving salt would only help if a player were raising something that was eating multiple stacks before they spoil.  I am afraid to breed a carnivore on scorched earth because after 2 hours, the trough will be all spoiled.  It would be awesome if something like prime cooked meat could stack to 100, that would solve the problem of raising juvis alot on scorched earth.  I guess as it is now, the easiest is cooked fish for maximum time, because jerky just be so much work to have 100's of stacks for growing dinosaur.

A lot of these concerns are honestly just entitled whining because "I bought an expansion and shouldn't be 'punished' for it". I find this juvenile because the point of Scorched is clearly to provide more of a challenge to those who have 'conquered' and perhaps grown bored with The Island. It's supposed to be difficult, so please, stop using the 'you're punishing us for spending money' argument. The majority of the content added for the sake of difficulty is actually pretty manageable and makes for a very immersive experience.

That being said, I absolutely agree that the Trough needs some workaround to help us keep our dinos alive. It would be as simple as giving us the option to add preserving salt to the trough, honestly. We don't necessarily have to increase the spoil timer - although, increasing it specifically for the trough would be acceptable.

Alternatively, giving us a refrigerated trough option would've been great, except they did that and locked it behind Tek tier. Something between the regular trough and the Tek trough would be perfect for Scorched, but the devs seemed to have overlooked that and decided that such a luxury should exist only for those who have made it to late game. Seems foolish to me.

Archived