Unexplained phenomena

Hobgobblin247

So I logged in tonight to see something very curious.

I had a stone pillar with a stone ceiling near the top. I had a hidden mortar and pestle inside the top of the pillar filled with metal ingots. Before I put the ingots inside I went underneath my base to make sure it wasn't visible from underneath and it wasn't.

Now I log in and go to get out some ingots and its gone. Checked the tribe log and sure enough it was destroyed. Oh well I thought but then I was like DILO, how did they destroy it without damaging the stone pillar or ceiling that would have prevented them from seeing the mortar and pestle?

Any ideas or is there something like the whip that will do that?

3 hours ago, Jostabeere said:

They used something that damages weaker structures but not stone, like a Bronto.

I would have thought that but this one was in the middle of my base and my other one that was closer to the outer edge wasn't touched. None of the other items inside where damaged like my preserving bin.

I have a 2 ceiling long 1 wide section that you can get under my base with stone foundations on one side and metal on the other...

10 hours ago, Hobgobblin247 said:

So I logged in tonight to see something very curious.

I had a stone pillar with a stone ceiling near the top. I had a hidden mortar and pestle inside the top of the pillar filled with metal ingots. Before I put the ingots inside I went underneath my base to make sure it wasn't visible from underneath and it wasn't.

Now I log in and go to get out some ingots and its gone. Checked the tribe log and sure enough it was destroyed. Oh well I thought but then I was like DILO, how did they destroy it without damaging the stone pillar or ceiling that would have prevented them from seeing the mortar and pestle?

Any ideas or is there something like the whip that will do that?

fire arrows

22 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

A plausible thing would be someone cheated and was able to see where you hide your stuff.

Yes but even the render bug would only show the mortar and pestle not the contents.. and out of the two hidden ones they only hit the one in the middle of the base and not the one closer to the outside.. and I play on officials so that rules out most other means of cheating via admin commands

4 hours ago, Hobgobblin247 said:

Yes but even the render bug would only show the mortar and pestle not the contents.. and out of the two hidden ones they only hit the one in the middle of the base and not the one closer to the outside.. and I play on officials so that rules out most other means of cheating via admin commands

Well. I rather menat a full blown hack that shows what is inside containers of other players and where said containers are. I remember that such things existed from people telling it here.

6 hours ago, Jostabeere said:

Well. I rather menat a full blown hack that shows what is inside containers of other players and where said containers are. I remember that such things existed from people telling it here.

Hmm I've not heard of hacks on the PS4 but that's not to say they don't exist.. interesting thought though

On 05.07.2017 at 1:23 AM, Hobgobblin247 said:

@Baton for the win.. Just tested it in single player and fire arrows done it.. mortar and pestle must have been just low enough for it to register that it was there.. and it was above my door.. won't make that mistake again..

Cheers for the comments..

in addition ill say that fire arrows also destroy cables, genny, x turrets etc, good thing for pvp

40 minutes ago, Baton said:

in addition ill say that fire arrows also destroy cables, genny, x turrets etc, good thing for pvp

I'm not complaining about the mechanic, as far as I'm concerned its working correctly... their collision detection poop to say the least.. but then if it was working properly I wouldn't be able to put a mortar and pestle inside a pillar

Archived