Thoughts on a official single player?

EchoingTime

4 hours ago, EchoingTime said:

Yes that would probably be the best option 

Yes, i don't think a Official SP should trade with actual official servers. 

Yes. And in that case we don't need Official singleplayer at all since it would have no difference to a normal singleplayer. You just have not to cheat on your own without the game forcing you to not doing it.

50 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

Yes. And in that case we don't need Official singleplayer at all since it would have no difference to a normal singleplayer. You just have not to cheat on your own without the game forcing you to not doing it.

Except you'd be able to trade with other people playing single player, which was kinda the main point!

The idea of an official single player mode is a good one. A single player/non-dedicated mode where cheats and server settings are disabled. I brought this idea up some time back in this ARK Digest thread:

I did not get much respose to this idea at the time so good to see it being discussed here as it is a feature I would like to see included.

8 hours ago, Jostabeere said:

Cheats would be disabled and players would trade with other official single player servers. I guess if ark wanted they could make it so OSP can trade only items with the official servers and dinos may become a problem.

8 hours ago, YUSHOETMI said:

The trading with other players sounds great but how would they manage the amount of servers needed for all the people? each single person would need their own specific official server, would cost a fortune.

I don't believe it will be a fortune as a player must first create the official server and then they will be able to connect with others. For the trading, a player can go to the obelisk and access a trading menu with others posting their items on it. I don't believe MC has to pay for servers that run? If a player wanted to make a server there others will be allowed to join. Haven't played it for years so I don't remember much.

7 hours ago, Merlin1985 said:

The idea of an official single player mode is a good one. A single player/non-dedicated mode where cheats and server settings are disabled. I brought this idea up some time back in this ARK Digest thread:

I did not get much respose to this idea at the time so good to see it being discussed here as it is a feature I would like to see included.

Yes if the official single player where you are allowed to trade with others doesn't work then the first option will be great to have. 

3 minutes ago, lvirusl said:

If you want a multiplayer experience, play multiplayer either pve or pvp. If that's too much for you stay in SP and deal with it. The devs have enough to work on right now and don't need more things to work on that might accidently induce more bugs into the game.

Were not forcing them to do anything. Were just making suggestions. Calm down

4 hours ago, EchoingTime said:

Cheats would be disabled and players would trade with other official single player servers. I guess if ark wanted they could make it so OSP can trade only items with the official servers and dinos may become a problem.

Then why spending ressources and time on a new mode if every SP player can play on a SP-dedi and trade with other SP-dedis? It's just a waste of time imo.

8 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

If you start a dedicated session it can be treated as a singleplayer session, but it allows other people to join and trade with you.

The only thing is, can't other dedicated session hosts customize their own private settings? I know if someone were to tame a dino with dino stats boosted and moved to another server with lower dino stats then it will change automatically. However a host with taming rates boosted can tame a lot of dinos than another normal rate server. Host barrier may be a problem too. +Dedicated session isn't what I am trying to go for.

Just now, EchoingTime said:

The only thing is, can't other dedicated session hosts customize their own private settings? I know if someone were to tame a dino with dino stats boosted and moved to another server with lower dino stats then it will change automatically. However a host with taming rates boosted can tame a lot of dinos than another normal rate server. Host barrier may be a problem too.

Well, there could be a small mod that prevents any mods or cheats and you get an "slightly official SP" or something similar if you use it. And you can only trade with other people who have that mark. This would be much less work than creating a complete new game mode.

2 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

Well, there could be a small mod that prevents any mods or cheats and you get an "slightly official SP" or something similar if you use it. And you can only trade with other people who have that mark. This would be much less work than creating a complete new game mode.

Though creating a new game mode would get players to play it more likely as they'll have a better chance with finding player's with that mark. Sadly consoles do not have mods so I am unable to do what you have given. I do have ark on the computer/pc but mine isn't fit to run ark.

On 7/5/2017 at 0:25 PM, lvirusl said:

If you want a multiplayer experience, play multiplayer either pve or pvp. If that's too much for you stay in SP and deal with it. The devs have enough to work on right now and don't need more things to work on that might accidently induce more bugs into the game.

On 7/5/2017 at 0:28 PM, Pachycephalosaurus said:

Were not forcing them to do anything. Were just making suggestions. Calm down

Just a suggestion and pve/pvp involves to much time to be either be wiped or stuck looking for another base location. Official SP will able contact with other players and you'll be able to trade mutated dinos from each other or items. I don't think it would induce the bugs as it'll only be a new mode? Though I understand the work that they are dealing with as of now.

Archived