MP PORT issues: Server not showing properly in unofficial lists, but working.

Juksefantomet

I've posted this issue on the steam bug-Reporting forums,

under the title of:

ARK Specific PORT issues: Server not showing properly in unofficial lists, but working

feel free to drop in and read it, but for the simplicity now i will paste the final post i made which sums up the majority of the problem i'm having.

Originally posted by Juksefantomet:

Final post and update, i'm reaching the end of even bothering with this anymore.

New router, complete checkup of my fiber from my ISP with an actual technician arriving and doing a checkup after finding CRC errors on my connection.

No CRC, same router model, brand new.

NO changes in issues with the Server but, my servers did no longer pop up in the unofficial, so again back to the drawing board and i assumed i messed up on something on my server.

This is what is working/not working:

Out of game in steam:

1. When checking public internet servers, filtered for ARK, the only games that pop up are games listed with version (v178.8), without filter, i find every server and with recent versions including my own.

2. when adding to favorites, both my servers are listed with correct IP/ports, no problems what so ever.

3. They do not show up in LAN (correct as they are now listed with the correct external IP).

4. My friend, when given my IP can add the server by searching my external ip and add both my TheIsland and ScorchedEarth servers.

In Game:

1. I see both servers in the unofficial listing, and both are showing in the favorites menu after adding the ip outside of game in step .4.

2. i can join my TheIsland and use the teleporters and teleport between clusters.

3. My friend cannot find it in the unofficial list and cannot teleport between cluster, but have both servers listed in favorites after following steam step .4.

Server info:

Now running both on standard ports provided by ARK's wiki.

these are my start.sh scripts on my linux ubuntu_server box

./ShooterGameServer TheIsland?listen?MultiHome=192.168.10.3?Port=7777?QueryPort=27015?SessionName=GAPARKEN_TheIsland?AltSaveDirectoryName=SaveIsland -server -log -usecache -noantispeedhack -ForceAllowCaveFlyers -NoTransferFromFiltering -ClusterDirOverride=/home/cheatphantom/steamservers/arkcluster -clusterid=myhiddenclustername

./ShooterGameServer ScorchedEarth_P?listen?MultiHome=192.168.10.3?Port=7779?QueryPort=27016?SessionName=GAPARKEN_TheIsland?AltSaveDirectoryName=SaveIsland -server -log -usecache -noantispeedhack -ForceAllowCaveFlyers -NoTransferFromFiltering -ClusterDirOverride=/home/cheatphantom/steamservers/arkcluster -clusterid=myhiddenclustername

This is what was causing some my "instabilities" in my servers popping up on the unofficial lists and the reason why it took me awhile to figure out why.

1. Flushed all firewall / port forwarding rules on my box, and only provided the UDP ports required for ARK.

1.1 The reason why i did not do this earlier is because i was running valve/steam games in which uses some of the ports ARK are using but the TCP varieties, so when the ARK servers where not up i was running a CSGO or TF2 server on those respective ports only the TCP versions. NOW when flushing these and only adding UDP, this worked.

1.2 in the start script if the order of appearance on ?MultiHome was not post ?Listen and pre ?Port it would not work as intended.

1.3 When i did infact get everything up and running i actually found a ghost connection of my old server in my favorites menu, which means there is no actual way ARK flushes the steam favorites list, i've been manually removing servers from my favorites menu which has eventually made server pop up properly for me. Still giving me a duplicate result with a previously added server.

1.4 steam cache, downloads, profiles and other "stored" information flushed and reaquired.

1.4.1 fixed, but i'm guessing this would've been fixed over time..?

--

So recap, the server is online and before. always listed in the unofficial for me, my friend can see what i see except the unofficial listing and cannot use the server cluster.

Both servers are listed in favorites and can be manually joined.

Server clusters are pulled from the unofficial listings to provide a server hop so that joint connection is on ARK devs, as both my servers can be connected too and we can play on both i have to now assume that everything is working on my end, and i have spent weeks in total over 1 year trying to fix this and troubleshoot.

Archived