Is PGA Safe For Building

I have been messing around with PGMs in single player, and not had issues building , how nice the spots are will depend on the settings you use when you generate a map, I am on the PS4 so I am not sure what options are on XB1 and PCs but caves rivers and waterfalls cannot be done.......you can get lucky with water and sometimes get a water layout that kinda in a vague way will simulate how a river would split the landscape,

I have been using google to find out how the settings affect the map, but that can drive you crazy, it seems that players who do manage to make the best looking maps are not willing to to list the numbers they used...and I can understand after all the work involved trial and error etc. why they dont

So far on single player no corrupted files , I have done a couple of non dedicated hosting sessions for two or three friends and had no issues we haven't tried it yet on a dedicated server but may in the future

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 9:04 AM, Oldster said:

I assume one can download the maps others create? (Although really just copy the settings obvsly)

So far on the PS4 I have not been able to copy any settings , even after playing on PGMS  it does not download the map to your PS4.

IF whoever created the map will share the settings they used then you can create and name the map on your system. BUT I have tried several maps where the settings were given BUT were created on different systems (X1 or PC) and my results were NOT the same, so I assume it is either the way each system reads and generates the maps or people trolling false settings, 

My friends and I did a couple of throw away maps to see how accurately they were when created on the same type system (PS4s) and as far as we could tell they were the same

Archived