PS4 updates and Xbox rag update postponed until week of 10th

Captnmorgan

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Jen

@Jat

Jen, Jat please take not of what is being said in this thread. Is it too much to ask for you to use the forum to keep us updated. I have no freakin interest in following individuals on twitter to keep informed. Is it that hard to post, even a link to the tweet? Or perhaps have your twitter feeds reproduced on this website. Like ESPN does with sport, with tweets from all the prominent sports writers on display in real time.

6 hours ago, GP said:

Wildcard have time and time again said to everyone, DO NOT book time off work for a Patch release.

Now, anyone that books time off work for a patch release should accept full responsibility for their actions. Wildcard has no responsibility for people choosing to book time off work based on their expectations of release of patches in a game that is still in heavy development.

It sucks that this has happened to you, but it was your choice and your choice alone to book leave. I suggest maybe speaking to your employer and cancelling the leave last minute, of course depends on the type of job, but I know if I call my boss Monday morning they would accept my leave cancellation for the next 2 days with no worries.

That is just it isn't it. It is not a Patch, it would have been a NEW MAP. New game content.

Besides WC let people pay to play the game that makes us customers and we may expect some truth worth our money. SO if they announce with great bravour that they release a new map ON E3 OFF ALL PLACES...  i would have thought they be true to there word... But hey silly me... won't happen again.

• Volunteer Moderator
6 hours ago, SHE said:

That is just it isn't it. It is not a Patch, it would have been a NEW MAP. New game content.

Besides WC let people pay to play the game that makes us customers and we may expect some truth worth our money. SO if they announce with great bravour that they release a new map ON E3 OFF ALL PLACES...  i would have thought they be true to there word... But hey silly me... won't happen again.

A Patch isn't just about bug fixes, it's about content too. So yes, the new map is still considered a patch.

I'm sure the 4th July they originally announced was truth, but you know life happens, things get in the way and things go wrong. Doesn't mean they weren't truthful at E3.

I expect it's all quite crazy at the studio at present. They've announced the actual release date now so they will have to hit a certain date in July to enable retail discs to be pressed - this will obviously add a large amount of pressure to the team, although the game must be almost at that stage now for them to be confident of hitting the target. I know we're in the days of massive day 1 patches for games (and even the so-called AAA studios aren't above this) so who knows, but they'll clearly have to have everything ready very soon in order to get the game to pressing, then shipped to stores etc.

There are always unforeseen bugs and other things that break when patches come out, It even happens to bigger studios from time to time. It happens, obviously testing would of caught these issues but they probably didn't really do any testing and this is what happens because of that. Also im playing on Xbox and have only crashed once since the update.

10 hours ago, CriD said:

So much entitled salt here.

Why would anyone take a day off for any eta they announce? Always pushed back, and a new map........lol I expect it'll be pushed back again.

If you guys are so salty you need to whine about eta's, can you just go find another game, or forum, or hobby.....

I think most people's problem is that it wasn't an ETA but a release date announced at E3, look on the main menu it says it will be releasing July 4th, same is said within the announcement video.

For some of you to even act like people don't have a right to be pissed is a shame. I'm disappointed was really looking forward to the new content my tribe and I spent a couple weeks getting ready for a permanent move off the island ( but hey won 10 bucks worth of bets said they'd never make the deadline ) People who work scheduled time off of to take part in the new content release only to have at the last second not be told but to find the someone snuck in and changed the release date without explaining the why of except to say sorry but not ready. in the real world you have to plan days off and I know before you say it wild card says don't do that but you had a month to plan for this and it wasn't an ETA item it was a firm date so not planning isn't an excuse. Also just a FYI no I didn't take days off just explaining the salt others feel and a X2 weekend isn't an apology it's a distraction from the truth... the truth is you knew it wasn't going to be ready and you wanted to soften the blow and hoped nobody noticed you changed the release date and didn't have the stones to come on YOUR OWN FORUMS to say it and explain why and still have you left it to other players to do your dirty work for you.

Rant done

2 hours ago, bgreg said:

Of course it's a massive pain it's been put back but I can't sympathise with people that have booked time off work.

This is a computer game, I don't know people's circumstances but surely a computer game should never come before work.

Nobody can know someone else's circumstances but it's their vacation to do with what they please and not our place to be critical of what they choose to do with it. Sorry you can't sympathize ( notice with a "z" ) with them but there's also no reason to be critical of it either.

1 hour ago, Obesegenkidama said:

I think most people's problem is that it wasn't an ETA but a release date announced at E3, look on the main menu it says it will be releasing July 4th, same is said within the announcement video.

Just like anything in life, things are subject to change. If they hadn't had the issue with the console builds they had to fix last week, then perhaps they'd have made the deadline. Nobody has a crystal ball...

37 minutes ago, Bulldogfrag said:

None of know someone else's circumstances but it's their vacation to do with what they please and not our place to be critical of what they choose to do with it. Sorry you can't sympathize ( notice with a "z" ) with them but there's also no reason to be critical of it either.

... Says it's their time, "not our place to be critical" etc, then passively criticises (or should that be "criticizes" :P) someone's spelling, which is perfectly valid (and actually the norm) in the UK.

27 minutes ago, TranqRex said:

Just like anything in life, things are subject to change. If they hadn't had the issue with the console builds they had to fix last week, then perhaps they'd have made the deadline. Nobody has a crystal ball...

... Says it's their time, "not our place to be critical" etc, then passively criticises (or should that be "criticizes" :P) someone's spelling, which is perfectly valid (and actually the norm) in the UK.

Fair enough I was being a bit picky with the spelling

12 hours ago, johnm said:

What's the rush, let people do their job. Debugging gazillion lines of code is no walk in the park.

I actually think wildcard should delay the official xbox release until November when the next gen console comes up.

Was saying this to my buddy yesterday. The way the game is going right now, there's no way they make the August release date unless they are going to release a very broken game.

1 hour ago, bgreg said:

Of course it's a massive pain it's been put back but I can't sympathise with people that have booked time off work.

This is a computer game, I don't know people's circumstances but surely a computer game should never come before work.

Wow that's very arrogant. Who are you to say what someone can use their vacation time for.

13 hours ago, CriD said:

So much entitled salt here.

Why would anyone take a day off for any eta they announce? Always pushed back, and a new map........lol I expect it'll be pushed back again.

If you guys are so salty you need to whine about eta's, can you just go find another game, or forum, or hobby.....

it wasn't a eta genius, it was a release date.  they didnt say "eta july 4th" they said " will be released july 4th" so before you pucker ur lips on wildcards bottom maybe read a lil and get more informed.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, LadyWook said:

So frustrating! I can't see a reason to play now until they actually release the new map. Guess I'll just have to be a productive member of society for the next week or so.  

I think I will check it out when it's released. But considering it is only half done I won't be spending much time on rag. I guessing the deserts are coming and idk what else. But that's just me.  

I did think it was strange they released an official date of 4th July for the release of a brand new map when they can't even stick to a release date for the next updates. As soon as the announcement for Ragnarok popped up on my PS4 screen my mind was immediately "not a chance will they stick to that date." When they announce update dates I mentally add a week onto the date just to avoid disappointment. Let's hope the full game actually gets released in August, but if it gets delayed to September I won't be surprised.

Archived