Breeding Pens.

SatansPegasus

• Volunteer Moderator

Only thing I put in a pen usually are gigas, because they walk so fast, plus the birds which are already in the aviary.

I just put them on wander and spam the U key until they are done getting it on.  If a tribe mate is there, it makes it much easier, as one of you can handle taking the dinos on and off wanded, plus picking up the egg(s), while the other just whistles away.

I have, by myself, handle 4 female and 1 male giga for breeding; that was a lot of whistling.  But, it was also done quickly.  Last time I did the brontos, I did not even move them; just put them on wander and whistled until they were done.

For small dinos use  2x2 pen area to breed. Like raptors.    The only small dino that has problems with that size seems to be the ovi's. The need a are of 2x3 as in a 2x2 they don't want to breed for us :(    for med dinos I mostly use a 4x4.   It works for stuff up to rexs. Just make sure the walls are 3 high.   

For bigger stuff I have a 8x10 area that is mainly used to raise stuff in but works to breed paracers spinos quetzals and gigas.     For bronto I just spam the all stop whisle until they are done.    Really you can just use that for any breeding but I find the whisles very annoying when spamming them lol

Well before now what I'd do would be to use a 2x1 and turn it into too seperate cells with doors which I'd open then for the dilos I'd just walk through with 1 of them following me until I had 2 in 1 cell then I'd ride the raptors in via a ramp and just drop them in.

For the argents I'd use a 2x2x3 then just walk them in.

• 1 year later...

Archived