Singleplayer Bug/Issue Collection Thread

Jen

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dinos not respawning SP

Hey guys,

Since I raided most of the map with my tames, leavening only Dinos alive which didnt attack me, well, my tames, I can not find any Carnivore on areas I been. I only have herbivores, sometimes some Raptor and Dilos, but thats it. I didnt kill anything since like 60 days in game, and still no sign of any replenishing of the big Carnivores, just occasianal Carno.

I would like to ask, maybe a noobs question, but the command "destroywilddinos"will only kill those wild ones, not my tames yeah? And it should put the respawn back to order? 

Thank you very much

• 3 months later...

Hi I having a issue where when ever u try to search for a server it completely crashes the game plus it seemed to have locked me into player dedicated server session setting I tryed to bck out of the game half a dozen times even uninstalled it and redownloaded it still nothing only way I can play ark is to get other people to invite me to there game please look into it 

• 3 months later...

Hi I have no idea if this is the right place to say this but I've been playing single player, and as soon as I tried to download my shoulder pet from the transmitter my game crashed I've heard that if this happens all your inventory items are lost! I truly hope this gets fixed since all my creatures were in cryopods in my inventory. And now I may have lost em all! HELP!!!

On 4/4/2021 at 12:55 PM, Bubblesfloof said:

Hi I have no idea if this is the right place to say this but I've been playing single player, and as soon as I tried to download my shoulder pet from the transmitter my game crashed I've heard that if this happens all your inventory items are lost! I truly hope this gets fixed since all my creatures were in cryopods in my inventory. And now I may have lost em all! HELP!!!

You can help yourself. Make a backup every single time you gonna make a big transfer. Otherwise your stuff is gone (the stuff you removed from the obelisk, not your inventory). SP is filled with gamebreaking/annoying bugs, ALWAYS make a backup after you log out. I'm so careful that I remove my armor and dump my toolbar in the nearest dino every single time I log out to avoid any issues with my backups.

Also, I recommend you to never use cryopods. Dino Storage v.2 mod make a backup file of your "cryopoded" dinos (Ark doesn't) - you can recover them easily if you are in SP (in case of shenanigans). It is 20x more polished than the game itself.

On 4/4/2021 at 11:55 AM, Bubblesfloof said:

if you are not talking about a cryopoded dino, maybe this will help :
https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/1333474229086117325/#c1741104717714907878

You also can restore your game to a previous state since the game do auto backup. It will rollback your game a bit far but at least you will get your stuf back.
Personnaly, I never had problems with cryos so I would recommend you to use them instead of directly download your dino to avoid this kind of problem.

Archived