Singleplayer Bug/Issue Collection Thread

Jen

21 minutes ago, Nilboggle said:

Hello, on my single-player Scorched Earth game, the left bumper quick keys have stopped working since the update.  When you first load the game, they work for a brief period of time, and once in awhile they will work randomly again for a bit.  And then they stop working again.  It's not a left bumper on the the controller issue, as I tested this with three different controllers, and the bumper was even working in the startup screen after exiting the game,

They should be fixing this soon.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just another note on the Dino spawns PS4 Single Player: 

I was reading up a bit on why my Island is littered with Raptors and Dire Wolves and someone mentioned it is because it is single player and there aren't enough players to clear out areas to allow for new (other) dinos to spawn, hence the raptors and especially Dire Wolves will just keep growing. I spent about 5 hours yesterday just clearing out raptors on carnivore island and it just kept on spawning raptors, no other carnivores. The only other thing that spawned was a alpha raptor. I know I can do a dino wipe, but I wanted to test. If that's the case, can one not look at the spawn algorithm or something on SP? I think quite a few people are going to complain once the game hits the shelves officially. 

6 hours ago, JakkalsM said:

Just another note on the Dino spawns PS4 Single Player: 

I was reading up a bit on why my Island is littered with Raptors and Dire Wolves and someone mentioned it is because it is single player and there aren't enough players to clear out areas to allow for new (other) dinos to spawn, hence the raptors and especially Dire Wolves will just keep growing. I spent about 5 hours yesterday just clearing out raptors on carnivore island and it just kept on spawning raptors, no other carnivores. The only other thing that spawned was a alpha raptor. I know I can do a dino wipe, but I wanted to test. If that's the case, can one not look at the spawn algorithm or something on SP? I think quite a few people are going to complain once the game hits the shelves officially. 

I've gotten variations of this on every map I've played.  On Island map, it happened with Ankylos up near the arctic plains near the blue obelisk.  Literally hundreds of them spawned over time, creating a sea of Ankylos that eventually started lagging the entire game when rendering in.  On the center map, the same thing happened with Parasaurs on the Blue Obelisk tropical island, and it's happening now on the Scorched Earth map with Sabretooths since the last couple updates, along with Argies spawning literally everywhere where it used to be a mix of lots of different things.  In the end, I just give up trying to clear them out and do a wild dino kill to reset it all.  It's a little 'eh', but it makes it all go away.  At least for awhile.

Trying to build in the Hidden Lake and can't build in certain places. As you look at the ledge from the water you are unable to build on the right hand side. My base is as close to that as you can get and now I can't add railings to the foundations on one corner. I also have a bridge crossing the lake with a fishing/outdoor cooking area under it and I have the same issue with not being able to place railings. This is single player Primitive + on XB1.

Foundations on ledge - https://screenshotscontent-t2002.xboxlive.com/xuid-2533274806815254-private/83fcb56f-aaad-4de6-a61c-c76e6aa0845e.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=6pjCaoTMGTzOtMjsWKN4G8aGpSrL864Cr86%2Flg3cF1U%3D

Ceiling over water - https://screenshotscontent-t5002.xboxlive.com/xuid-2533274806815254-private/35b03a15-2e35-4c07-8b22-0d5b4201f5d2.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=PDnn6pSUloPvZCDFcWhZXf69y%2BAR3QdYIbioAJiI71M%3D

I've been waiting for this fix for about a year, but certain resources still don't respawn in singleplayer on any map.  Metal, small redwoods, and oil nodes in particular do not respawn.  I've spent hundreds of hours waiting on the first ones I mined, and even changed spawnrates down to around 0.1 or so.  Nothing works.  No, they're not close to my base.  This is mapwide.

New Option Wheel system is nice.

The only thing I would like to see changed is the Spay/Neuter command location.

Currently, when you access Options and it pops into next menu, its default to push to the Spay/Neuter command.

This is has been pretty stressful to see it already halfway into the command before releasing joystick to select one you want.

Could you please change the left side command to be Change Name instead of Spay/Neuter?

At least if lag gets you on that one it's easy enough to rename.

Spay/Neuter your main breeding Dino when you only wanted to change its name is a very sad thing indeed.

4 hours ago, FenTheReaper said:

I've been waiting for this fix for about a year, but certain resources still don't respawn in singleplayer on any map.  Metal, small redwoods, and oil nodes in particular do not respawn.  I've spent hundreds of hours waiting on the first ones I mined, and even changed spawnrates down to around 0.1 or so.  Nothing works.  No, they're not close to my base.  This is mapwide.

Same problem as me. Changing the spawnrate to 0 seems to make resources mined previously in another session eventually respawn, but then newly harvested resources respawn instantly as soon as you move away far enough, and it kind of feels like cheating.

5 hours ago, FenTheReaper said:

same here, but i don't mind to touch respawn rates yet.

I've just started playing single player on PC and have encountered a weird bug. I don't even know if it is a bug, but it's very annoying and i don't know how to fix it.

So, single player, PC, bug occurs with or without mods.

Bug:
Every time a creature has tamed up and I enter an inventory close to it by pressing F (doesn't have to be the inventory of the creature in question, can be the character inv, the mount inv etc.), my character whistles 'follow'. This happens even if the animal has tamed without me being within rendering distance; as soon as I get close enough and enters an inventory, my character will whistle 'follow'. It happens 98%-99% of the time and it ONLY happens with a freshly tamed creature and only the first time I enter an inventory close to it.

I haven't read about this happening to anyone else, so either it's an extremely rare bug, or it's something on my end making it happen. I can't for the life of me figure out what could cause it though...

There is still something wrong with the spawns I think. In my savegame everything is fine, but yesterday I started a new game and I walked half the west coast without seeing a single dino. Eventually I spotted some dodo's and 1 phiomia after 2 ingame days. It was relaxing to build my fishing cabin without fear of dying, but it will be boring very quickly (not to mention the lack of meat and hides).

On PC there is an intermittent issue where tool tips and hotkeys will not work when accessing other's inventory. Doesn't matter if it is a dino, storage or crafting station. I have made sure tool tips are turned on. I don't know what causes it, and it seems to happen at random. Thus far I have only encountered the issue on The Island map 

I hope this thread is till being looked at. I play Xbox single player: 

training dummy has never worked lol

reeding timers are way off and some settings don't work. Mating interval does nothing and resets when the game is played. After the last patches, once a female breeds the mating interval is 36 hours! Lol 

there has always been a weird thing with inventories, idk if it's supposed to be like this, but depending on where (left to right) you are selecting, when moving/removing stacks or items, depending on how full the inventory is it does this thing where it automatically moves your "cursor" up. And it doesn't need to, it's not because the slot you were selecting doesn't have an item anymore. Idk it's just always been super annoying

Also a way to move stacks faster without holding the button would be a the best thing ever to happen to ark.

thanks for everything. you guys rock! 

13 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

There is still something wrong with the spawns I think. In my savegame everything is fine, but yesterday I started a new game and I walked half the west coast without seeing a single dino. Eventually I spotted some dodo's and 1 phiomia after 2 ingame days. It was relaxing to build my fishing cabin without fear of dying, but it will be boring very quickly (not to mention the lack of meat and hides).

I agree. The over spawn of basic dinos is slightly better. Carbon island isn't literally just raptors after one pass. But going into an area you haven't been in for a while there is nothing there for a couple minutes. 

Some dinos also seem to not really be spawning. Maybe it was a change that just wasn't in the patch notes, but tapejaras have become super rare for me. Ever since the new tek saddle I've been trying to find a couple high level ones to breed.  But since that patch came out I literally have not found even one tapejara over 120. And I have spent HOURS looking. 

Archived