Singleplayer Bug/Issue Collection Thread

Jen

7 minutes ago, Hunter36o said:

Have u searched the engram? I know there is some issues where any engram in the first row, including ones you have searched have this issue. Try learn it with out searching for it if u have not tried this already. Outside of that this is the first i have heard if this engram not working. 

Hi - I learnt/unlocked it from the engram list just by scrolling down to it.

When I try craft a harpoon gun at the smithy, it's no where to be found. I've tried browsing (I assume it would be under "weapons"), I've tried searching and I've tried clicking the button that views all. Can't find it anywhere.

Just to confirm Hunter - you're playing this on Xbox One Single player, and you can craft the harpoon launcher, at the Smithy?

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, AngryFodder said:

Hi - I learnt/unlocked it from the engram list just by scrolling down to it.

When I try craft a harpoon gun at the smithy, it's no where to be found. I've tried browsing (I assume it would be under "weapons"), I've tried searching and I've tried clicking the button that views all. Can't find it anywhere.

I know it does say crafted in the smithy, but it does need a fabricator unlocked to learn it, you could try see if it is crafted there outside of that i am all blank, sorry i cannot be of more help. 

7 minutes ago, Hunter36o said:

Have u tried going into free cam third person then toggle the first to third person button after u have done this?

Interesting idea. I didn't know there is a toggle button for that. I will have to test that as I normally use my scroll wheel to toggle between first and third person and if you are already in  the 'K' mode orbit camera then the scroll wheel only zooms you in and out but still maintains the third person perspective.

4 minutes ago, Hunter36o said:

I know it does say crafted in the smithy, but it does need a fabricator unlocked to learn it, you could try see if it is crafted there outside of that i am all blank, sorry i cannot be of more help. 

I think I checked the fabricator as well and couldn't see it there.

The only other thing I can think of trying is the Mine Wipe Tonic - maybe clear all my stats and respect/relearn. See if that works. 

2 hours ago, F1nchyStryd3r said:

@Jat Dunno what's up with the graphics after this latest patch on Xbox, but all of the bushes look worse than minecraft. Here's a link to a video on single-player split-screen ~

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/F1nchyStryd3r/video/33883105

@ around .25 seconds in.

I'm having the same thing, only just noticed it but currently I'm in almost exactly the same place as you were so it may only be localized to those types of plants or the swamp region.

DISCLAIMER**Sorry if this is known, I am at work and encountered this issue over weekend with my cousin playing with me on split screen. Don't want to forget to post this and didn't have time to read all known issues.**

• Playing split screen on PS4 my cousin playing as plain "user1" as he has an xbox and doesn't have a sony account. We were unable to go into caves together or separate. It would act like he was too far away from me and we couldn't go very far into the cave before we became stuck from his character being placed into my character. (Not sure if known)
  • No dinos spawning in caves. He left game as I tried by myself and couldn't find any dinos in any caves. (I think devs may know about this one already)
  • Font besides being almost unreadable on split screen, there are several occasions where it's actually partially cut off. Like crafting something the que you can't read amount being crafted. (Not sure if this is known).

Quick update on the no harpoon launcher thing on Xbox One SP (pre-existing save/island):

Used the Mindwipe and re-spec'd my character. Still no option to craft.

Interestingly, the motorboat and toilet have the same issue. They don't show at their respective crafting stations.

They do show up on my characters crafting list, interestingly (this is true of the toilet and motorboat) - you can see them if you browse and if you search. You can then put the engram on your tool bar as well! I'm wondering if I went to the smithy with the toilet emgram on my tool bar, I could craft it that way?

The harpoon launcher doesn't show up anywhere except for the engram unlocking tree.

The only option left would be to delete the save I guess.... but i'm not doing that!

Has anyone here, playing on xbox one SP, managed to craft a Harpoon launcher?

Hello,

I am not sure if this is a bug, or user issue, but when I play single player on PS4 I never find titanaboa eggs.  My inclination is that it has something to do with render range and after creating a snake pit in the swamp as recommended by nooblets, I still had no luck.  The same with scorched earth, although I haven't done the snake pit yet.  

Also, I wasn't able to get moschops to harvest prime fish meat after trying the recommendations seen in other posts in the forums.

Recently I lost pteradons and argies in an attempt to transfer from the island to scorched earth.  I think it failed when I tried to download numerous dinos of the same type en masse and it failed, as if there was a dino already there, or I tried to do it too fast.  I now move each dino off the platform upon download which seems to be working.

I have seen youtubers playing on PC able to whistle commands to cycle through follow distance range.  If there is not a way to do this on console I recommend it be added.  It is a good way to get unstuck from cracks or too much weight, etc.  

Oh an the ui interface.... I haven't been able to get it to fit on my screen since maybe two updates ago.  And when I try to tame the equus it doesn't tell me which button to push to feed it while riding.  Perhaps it is off my screen or I simply missed it.

I get sound issues sometimes, crackling or muffled or incomplete sounds and volume fluctuations.  This usually happens when my survivor makes the noise, through shooting, getting hit, or something else.  It appears to be random and may occur with dinos.  The volume fluctuations can be alarming and if coupled with crackling could perceivably blow out speakers.  I cannot eliminate possible wiring issues on my end, but after switching out cables still have the problem.

This last one may be a bit off topic but I'm on a roll, bear with me.  The electricity mechanics is very confusing and things work and don't work in an in comprehensive manner.  I have seen tutorials and tried to emulate them and it may work initially then stop working after no alterations to the grid.  I would repair the generator and still no luck.  There is likely a way to figure this out with more trial and error perhaps but maybe there is something funny with the console or maybe something in game can be added to help make it easier to understand.  

Hope this helps, thank you!!  xoxo

(all issues ps4 single player)

Adding:  font size and legibility is a challenge, perhaps related to ui issues referenced above but it feels like it is designed for those sitting in front of a monitor or those who have very large tvs.  The yellow color of the text hovering over dinos indicating type and level is hard to read in scorched earth as it blends in with the background.

NO-TAME on PC / Xbox / PS:

Issues:

1. Saddles from latest dinos are in the loot tables from drops, and in engram list to learn.
  2. Rafts from inactive players are blocking at this point +-40% of the sea , as they are not demolish allowed. (this will give a performance improvement as well.)

Nice to Have:

1. Mindwipe restriction per level should be disabled on No-Tame(there is a server option), you don't have dino's, your character needs to be flexible to play the game.
  2. Boss fights could be scaled easier for non-Dino fights.

Platform: PC

1. No artifact crates
When I went into the Lava Cave (The Island) there is no crate for an artifact. 
After hours of searching I looked up the place of the crate in the internet, but in my game there is no crate. 

I play the singleplayer without mods, and waited longer than one hour (maybe create respawn). 
First time I run through the cave with a raptor. 
Then again I went to the place where the crate should be without the raptor.

Maybe there is a new bug because of the update 2.60 (Changed artifact crates into their proper artifact mesh)?

2. Unable to Jump notification if you have no Stamina and use [SPACE] with plesiosaur.

3. Infinitive inventory 
When your inventory is full and you normally can't take stuff anymore, you can pick up as much stuff as you want if you can take it with [E] (stuff laying on the ground).

4. Maximum Difficulty not working
On the map The Island dosen't spawn level 150 dinos if I checked the Maximum Difficulty option. The maximum level is 120 (difficulty set on 1, 50+ hours of gameplay).

5. Spino swimming backwards
If you riding a Spino underwater and want to swim backwards there is a issue which let swim the Spino sometimes forwards and don't let you swim backwards anymore (maybe through attacking or moving the camera)

@Jat @Jen In single-player split-screen Player 2 does not receive the notification when riding a Megalania that they are in climbing mode (white claw print - top right of screen) Player 1 does however. Video enclosed to show (towards the end of video 0:30 ish seconds in) ~

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/F1nchyStryd3r/video/34010247

4 hours ago, MrTonix said:

Platform: PC

1. No artifact crates
When I went into the Lava Cave (The Island) there is no crate for an artifact. 
After hours of searching I looked up the place of the crate in the internet, but in my game there is no crate. 

I play the singleplayer without mods, and waited longer than one hour (maybe create respawn). 
First time I run through the cave with a raptor. 
Then again I went to the place where the crate should be without the raptor.

Maybe there is a new bug because of the update 2.60 (Changed artifact crates into their proper artifact mesh)?

2. Unable to Jump notification if you have no Stamina and use [SPACE] with plesiosaur.

3. Infinitive inventory 
When your inventory is full and you normally can't take stuff anymore, you can pick up as much stuff as you want if you can take it with [E] (stuff laying on the ground).

4. Maximum Difficulty not working
On the map The Island dosen't spawn level 150 dinos if I checked the Maximum Difficulty option. The maximum level is 120 (difficulty set on 1, 50+ hours of gameplay).

5. Spino swimming backwards
If you riding a Spino underwater and want to swim backwards there is a issue which let swim the Spino sometimes forwards and don't let you swim backwards anymore (maybe through attacking or moving the camera)

Maximum dino is working for me it seems i've seen lv145 dilophosaurs and a 150 paracer so idk they are just rather rare it seems.

I'm on the Steam/PC version, v261.1.

I tried using both the different character models (male and female), and noticed the female character swings significantly slower with weapons. When using tools to gather materials, they're identical; it only happens when swinging in the air or at a creature. If this is a feature and not a bug, ignore me, it just seemed a little odd.

Archived