Singleplayer Bug/Issue Collection Thread

Jen

Hi, i encountered a weird bug. on some dinos whenever i start riding and press W they auto walk / fly for a few seconds (10-20) even when dismounted they continue to walk. the bug is only present on some dinos, some work just fine. i encountered it with 1 PT, he kept flying forward and after unmount he kept walking forward. [unmoded, PC, singleplayer]

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Primitive Plus

Lumber ceiling engram is under wood, not lumber.

Can't walk through a lumber doorway if it has a lumber wall above it when going from lumber foundation to lumber ceiling. Doorway is just too low. Only way is to duck.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/holden4ever/video/33823533

Tried unlocking basic campfire and it wouldn't let me. Had to unlock cooking pot in order to unlock campfire. Other engrams also affected.

8 hours ago, mleii said:

Make sure your inventory is empty.  When I tried it in a previous update all items on my inventory were lost.  Thought I lost my entire game save as well as when I ran the command all the things around me disappeared and I couldn't move and when I exited the game and came back to the game it had me use an existing character and I didn't just spawn back in.  Luckily when I ran back to my base everything was still there.  Though again I lost all items in my inventory.

When I did it the game froze and my base disappeared. I was left standing in an empty field and could not move. I pressed the power button on the Xbox controller and it brought me to the menu of games and brought up the pause menu in the game. I pressed "B" to leave the menu of games and go to the pause menu. From there, I exited to the main menu and loaded the game back up. When I loaded the game back up, it asked me to select a character and then asked me to select a respawn point. I was able to respawn at the bed in my base. Everything was still in my inventory and nothing had changed other than my implant was a different color.

2 minutes ago, AidanMaslow said:

When I did it the game froze and my base disappeared. I was left standing in an empty field and could not move. I pressed the power button on the Xbox controller and it brought me to the menu of games and brought up the pause menu in the game. I pressed "B" to leave the menu of games and go to the pause menu. From there, I exited to the main menu and loaded the game back up. When I loaded the game back up, it asked me to select a character and then asked me to select a respawn point. I was able to respawn at the bed in my base. Everything was still in my inventory and nothing had changed other than my implant was a different color.

Cool, I must have done something wrong or they fixed it.  Glad you didn't lose anything.  All that happened to me as well, except for some reason it didn't let me pick a respawn point (had to chose a random one) and I had nothing on me when I spawned in even though it was the same character.

Dedicated Server.      Admin Command  Rename Player no longer works on default game name Homo Sapiens because XBOX thinks HOMO is a bad word.  Please update where it requires players to enter a name instead of providing a default name.   Nothing more annoying that 15 people running around the server with the same name. 

*ON dedicated server host XBOX>   Player INGAME names if they are long the lets start to type over the players gamertag.  Making it where you can no longer make out what level they are , in game name or Gamertag.     

* Offline RaidPrevention Timer still does not function how its intended

* Dino Tail Sway and Head Movement needs to be reduced. 

1 minute ago, MrsDoney said:

Well that explains a lot lol I dont have twitter so i must have missed that! Thank you.

No prob! Their twitters are open to the public so you can check them on the website withiut and account, that's what I usually do. They tend to be really bad about updating the threads here with stuff like that unfortunately lol.

Since last update my Dedi Xbox has been having trouble loading the Island map, it will go through then entire loading screen, but when it hits "VolcanoEntrance" it dashboards out and close the game. No notifications alas to what is wrong, and I'm hoping there's just a few more bugs to work out because the other ppl that play would be very angry with me if I had to clear the save file in order to get it to run again.

I'm thankfull that the last patch fixed and patched a few of the problems that i mentioned here that the singleplayer mode has.
It isn't perfect, but i'm not asking for a perfect game, just a good, entertaining and engaging game.

Has off right now. the imprinting is still a problem that hopefully will get addressed and revised soon.
Like i mention before, the cuddle timer in itself is not a "viable option" at all if it messes completely your chances of getting a 100% imprinting. I'm not talking the requirements for the imprinting, only about the cuddle timer - the time between interactions towards a baby creature -;

The requirements for the imprint, honestly i don't know if they "fair". I mean imprinting a giganotasaurus is completely different than imprinting a dodo. So why would the dodo have the same requirements) a.k.a request kibbles (specially expensive and hard-to-get-kibbles) for a 100% imprint? This is just an example really. Not many - if any- are going to actually imprint a dodo. But then again my question raises again, why would they? If the dodo can request any random kibble at some point in time? A creature that sole purpose is laying eggs.

I thought about this, and requirements should change based on the creature size. Small creatures should have a much higher chance to ask for something "rare", like the rare flowers, or rare mushrooms, any kind of berry or even for carnivores like dilophosaurus or compys they should ask for prime meats, or muttons, or other edible, but rare resource. 

Has the creature raises in size, and relevance the kibble indeed should be present while imprinting. Imprinting a Rex, Spino, Allosaurus, Giganotasaurus, should be much more challenging, and costly then the medium size creatures, like raptors, sabers and wolfs which would in their tier would have been costly as well, while comparing to the small creatures.
These small creatures are in the end completely neglected, since the same mechanic is present in all creatures, the current state of the imprinting mechanic doesn't add variety at all to the game - in then end, it gets boring -

Apart from that (again) --
Megalanias spawns in caves - on the island - are off. I've seen them completely and literally in the ceilings, which is where they should be yes, however they are completely inside of the rocks from where they spawn. You can't shoot them since the projectiles hit the rock, instead of the creature. Some of them can still jump out of the ceiling, but i believe some will still get stuck inside of the rock.

Another topic that needs attention, yet, creatures getting stuck. Besides the caves the only over-world creature that gets stuck in trees and rocks easily is the Triceratops.
In the caves however the problem is persistent to all and any creature. To many creatures stuck on the ceilings (most likely they spawn already there), on the sideways, or under the floors.

The only visible and minor problem experienced recently on my end is the hesperornis consistent despawns. The creature spawns stays for a few hours (In real life) then despawns completely allowing for the ichthyornis to take their place, only for the hesperornis to hardly spawn again. Other than that, hesperornis eggs can fall through the floor/map if you drop them through the inventory (don't know if it does happens in the wild while they are laying eggs). It doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen from time to time.

I decided to start over on the island single player after this last update on Xbox 1. I deleted all previous data from that ark. I always end up cheating with admin commands in single player. So this time I told myself I wouldn't cheat, fresh start at level 0, no admin commands. And right away I couldn't make a campfire. It won't unlock. Pretty hard to survive without a fire. Unless I go vegan, and that's a lot of berries. 

2 hours ago, MeanDeanWeen said:

I decided to start over on the island single player after this last update on Xbox 1. I deleted all previous data from that ark. I always end up cheating with admin commands in single player. So this time I told myself I wouldn't cheat, fresh start at level 0, no admin commands. And right away I couldn't make a campfire. It won't unlock. Pretty hard to survive without a fire. Unless I go vegan, and that's a lot of berries. 

Just learn the cooking pot and it will be learned automatically.  Anything on the first row cannot be learned, known issue that should be fixed in the next update.  You can learn the items on the first row by learning an item above it that requires it, well for items that have this.  Also using search for engrams can break learning them if the search gets the item in the first row.

V758 Xbox dedicated server:

• Firing paint sprayer on a moving elevator platform pinged me up into the air and then down through the elevator platform- very odd as was fine whilst descending (to paint elevator track) , but whilst ascending to paint one section near top that had been missed, as soon as the trigger was pulled it threw me.

Dunno if this is intended or not and iv yet to test it on PC but was messing around on PS4 singleplayer adjusting values to try and get a nice balance between practicality and challenge, I adjusted "Player Resistance" to 3.0 assuming it was referring to how resistance to damage a player was however later when I jumped off a FOUR FOOT tall incline I lost half my health. Trying to find out what caused it I eventually tracked it down to Player Resistance value, as when I jacked it up to 9.0 that same incline instantly killed me every time.

PC:

1. Still a common issue with dinos getting stuck on trees mostly.

2. If you use the filter in the engrams section to search a particular skill, the option to learn it is not there, even double clicking doesn't work. You have to clear the filter and scroll down to the egram and then you can learn it.

3. I am still getting the odd graphics driver crash and one fatal crash to desktop.

4. When it's night or the area is dark or black, at certain angles, at certain times, white pixel flashing dots appear.

5. The horizon/water shadow tearing is still a problem.

6. Still getting stuck on scorps when dismounting if a scorp is next to the one you are dismounting from.

7. Not a bug but a suggestion to have a free look button to be able to run/fly/drive and look around in first person without changing direction.

Thanks.

5 hours ago, Chair Breaker said:

7. Not a bug but a suggestion to have a free look button to be able to run/fly/drive and look around in first person without changing direction.

Hit 'K' and that will allow you to move only straight and be able to zoom in and out and swivel the camera as you want. You cannot turn while doing this though.

1 hour ago, bsfelony99 said:

I've been playing Ark through Steam and whenever I try to play split screen my game crashes and I was wondering if this is something I could fix myself or something I need to wait for an update to fix. Also sorry if this isn't the right thread to be posting this in.

This seems like a good place to post or in the PC bugs forum.  Add the call stack information and the way to reproduce the issue and hopefully they can fix it.  Also, if you're using mods see if there is one that causes it to crash or not to help narrow down the issue more.  If you already put that information in a thread linking here would be good.  I myself would consider split screen to be in the same vein of the issues they're looking for in this thread.  All mainly related to a version of the game that one could buy and play offline or would be bought on media.

I'm playing Ark on Xbox One Single Player, and although I've unlocked the Engram for the Harpoon launcher, I don't seem to be able to craft it.

This was an existing Single Player world. Do I need to create a new world to access new content like the toilet/harpoon launcher? I says it should be craftable at the smithy. 

19 minutes ago, AngryFodder said:

I'm playing Ark on Xbox One Single Player, and although I've unlocked the Engram for the Harpoon launcher, I don't seem to be able to craft it.

This was an existing Single Player world. Do I need to create a new world to access new content like the toilet/harpoon launcher? I says it should be craftable at the smithy. 

Have u searched the engram? I know there is some issues where any engram in the first row, including ones you have searched have this issue. Try learn it with out searching for it if u have not tried this already. Outside of that this is the first i have heard if this engram not working. 

Also you should not need to start a new world. I only play single player and i have never needed to start a new world after a update only after we have a power cut in my house and that deleted my whole world. That was a sad day :(

Archived