Singleplayer Bug/Issue Collection Thread

Jen

21 hours ago, ranger1presents said:

I wasn't going to mention this as I run mods which I felt might be a factor, but I am experiencing this as well.  It looks like an oil slick at the shoreline.  It affects the waterfalls in eco's Terrariums as well.

I verified files (caught and fixed a few errors) but it did not solve the issue.  This is on PC in single player, settings currently at Epic across the board, with all other settings active other than motion blur and film grain.  I do have light shafts turned off as well.

Does it look something like this (before I verified my files, the Island):
ltjjUYM.jpg

After I verified my files (the Island):
8fvO2fH.jpg

After I verified my files (Ragnarok):
0LG0mW0.jpg

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Not sure what is going on with my rexs but they will not lay eggs, they are mate boosted (2 females and one male) don't have them wondering as i don't need them fertilized yet, this has been going on since early June (this is when i have actually been trying to get eggs) so i will admit i am a bit frustrated and early this week i also noticed that even tho they do the pooping motion no poop is present. Also my other female dinos don't lay eggs at all either. Is their a bug with the eggs? At first i thought i just had bad luck but with the length of time since i got my first rex egg, long before i had a male or second female, it has to be an issue. I am just not sure if it is just an issue for me or anyone else... Need these eggs for taming Oviraptors. Now that i think of it the last egg i ever got was a bunny egg i found on the rivers edge near the redwood forest a dodo bunny's i guess but that is no longer in my large storage box. Please help as it is beginning to put me off as it is my current goal to get the Ovir so i can mass produce kibbles. I play on single player on the island. Also this is on xbox.

Xbox keeps crashing and sends you back to where you were 20 minutes prior to the crash. I've heard it might be because of duplicating dinos, but I have no confirmation. Very frustrating for I'm trying to build my base in pvp!! :(  Has been happening on my official pvp server 424 (the island) on xbox for a day or two. Hopefully this gets fixed soon for the game is unplayable right now. @Jen

ARK single player on PC Bug:  Dino uploaded disappears or doesn't spawn correctly when downloading on different map (might also occur when doing this on the same map if uploading and downloading but haven't checked).  

I went to download in a newly bred Rex on SE at the red obelisk, that I transferred from the island map, but when I downloaded it from storage the Rex didn't appear anywhere on or near the obelisk.  Not sure if it spawned under the world or in some random location very far from the obelisk platform or just failed to spawn entirely and vanished (was no longer in storage after downloading).  I looked around for it but couldn't find it anywhere.

This occurred on the previous patch prior to 261.  The only mod I was using was ACM when this issue occurred.  I did manage to test uploading and downloading a dino I spawned in tamed on SE and there were no issues. 

Hello just wondering if anyone else is having these problems on Ark Single Player for Xbox One. I just updated my game and now for single player there is no command input box, is this purposely? Also I cant access The Center for single player anymore. It says I need to get to Gamma Level or something? I dont understand what that means lol someone please enlighten me.

46 minutes ago, MrsDoney said:

Hello just wondering if anyone else is having these problems on Ark Single Player for Xbox One. I just updated my game and now for single player there is no command input box, is this purposely? Also I cant access The Center for single player anymore. It says I need to get to Gamma Level or something? I dont understand what that means lol someone please enlighten me.

To pull up the admin box, press LB+RB+X+Y at the same time on the pause screen. To unlock to The Center map, you will need to either do the Tek Cave or type in "playercommand Ascend2" into admin box while on Island. The command will ascend you 10 levels and unlock The Center map.

Hey Jen,
I play on the Ragnarok map and have noticed that when I had my resource re spawn setting set at normal and logged off before the resources had respawned again. They never re spawn. I have read a bit online and found out that this was the case for a few others on other maps as well...
I farmed many metal and crystal areas and now they are not re spawning :/ Don't want to start a new game.. but thought I should let you know.
I set the resource re spawn setting to 0 so that it instantly spawns back to temporarily counter this issue
I am playing on PC and this issue happened anywhere on the map with all resources untill I turned off the resource respawn time.
Also would be good if we can have a admin command to force reset all resources on the map that can re spawn :)

oil jug bug gives no oil

negative points for engrams playing scorched. was ok yesterday and had positive points to spend. now negative ,what do i do about this, this is my main character for 2 maps?!

ok found it!

i don't know if intentional or not but ticking and unticking "singleplayer settings" changes your points. on another note how would we know what "singleplayer settings "even mean ? i have no clue what else it affects .

After the patch on Xbox, water and greenhouse structures periodically go blindingly white (on Center map). Altering gamma does not change this. The color Alpha creatures, both Alpha species and pack alphas, are white (most of the time) rather that red or orange, respectively. Also, the dust kicked up by Brontos and Rexs is now extremely white.

This issue appears to be a regression in the UI for the Xbox Console.

I see the toggles for turning off engrams like scorched was removed. :(  It was either LT or RT, now it's back to the older version of the latest UI where you have to try to get up to the button to unselect it.  And I REALLY wish these settings would stick.  Each time I have to go back and toggle hiding the already learned engrams and toggle off the scorched earth engrams as I don't have those learned yet as I haven't yet played on scorched.

One more.  There is a scenario where the house buff is broken.  Seems to be when you have two doors in line with each other on both sides of the structure and they're open.  Close one door and the buff is back.  Wouldn't expect it to rain standing in the middle of my small base, but when I stand directly in between the two open doors the house buff goes away.

Here I describe it a bit more.  WAY old post. :)

16 hours ago, AidanMaslow said:

To pull up the admin box, press LB+RB+X+Y at the same time on the pause screen. To unlock to The Center map, you will need to either do the Tek Cave or type in "playercommand Ascend2" into admin box while on Island. The command will ascend you 10 levels and unlock The Center map.

Alright I will try these! Thank you so much! =) 

11 minutes ago, MrsDoney said:

Alright I will try these! Thank you so much! =) 

Make sure your inventory is empty.  When I tried it in a previous update all items on my inventory were lost.  Thought I lost my entire game save as well as when I ran the command all the things around me disappeared and I couldn't move and when I exited the game and came back to the game it had me use an existing character and I didn't just spawn back in.  Luckily when I ran back to my base everything was still there.  Though again I lost all items in my inventory.

Archived