Singleplayer Bug/Issue Collection Thread

Jen

On 03/07/2017 at 11:52 AM, DebzyzZz said:

I run a dedicated server on xbox1, Centre map.

• Chemistry bench, 1st crafting 'ping' noise is very loud

I played it on the weekend too, and with desktop speakers, and it was MASSIVELY loud to the point I thought my speakers may be damaged. Turns out, I actually may be suffering from perm hearing loss now, in my left ear with that speaker located 30" (2 1/2 ') away from me. Currently 95% hearing in left ear gone.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Nemesis851 said:

I played it on the weekend too, and with desktop speakers, and it was MASSIVELY loud to the point I thought my speakers may be damaged. Turns out, I actually may be suffering from perm hearing loss now, in my left ear with that speaker located 30" (2 1/2 ') away from me. Currently 95% hearing in left ear gone.

Put an earplug in that ear for 48 hours and then remove it...

something in patch increased mature rate and skips want care imprinting-modded mature rate up in settings , trying to bring it down -still testing 

update-brought down mature rate to 1.199 and its still too fast. i want only female dodos and dont feed the males to let them die. they get to juvenile too fast and feed from troughs  and now i cant get rid of them.

update -.5 mature rate still too fast,turns juvenile too quickly .

26 minutes ago, Nemesis851 said:

I'm quite serious. Concerned my eardrum has collapsed, or something. 

Trolling or not, just tell me if you're serious, and what source you have for indicating that would work.

I'll google it myself, too

I would never kid about something serious....the earplug, preferably foam, will help protect the eardrum from further damage....if you really think there is damage to the eardrum,  make an appointment with the ear dr. first thing tomorrow....I doubt there is permanent damage,  but you should have it checked out..... I worked on racecars and in a machine shop for 30 years and I do have some hearing loss, because I'm hard headed and wouldn't listen...

xbox singleplayer mode

I dont know if its been noticed yet but the bloom on the greenhouses is insane the way the shaders are set they glow and its blinding.   It occurs if you move from the area of the greenhouse and back again.     If you leave the game and come back after you arrive at the greenhouse the shaders reset and you dont go blind.    Unfortunately everytime you move away from the greenhouse and return you need to reload the game in order not to go blind.      

Also on primitve plus the primitive pickaxe (like the torch) does not persist on logout and you need to craft a new one each time you log in.   

All are on a PS4 with 4 user accounts two are attached to PSN accounts, one of which is the main account of the system with an up to date version of Ark.

1) On regular user accounts (ones with no attached PSN) split screen constantly prompts player two to respawn or create a new survivor, when you select respawn it will mirror player one and give it player two's name. This doesn't seem to occure if at least one player has an attached PSN account.

2) Also with non PSN user accounts it will break tribes causing even the creator of the tribe to be kicked out.

3) Scorched Earth map resets my  skill and engram points every log out since last patch.

4) On a preexisting record I tried to let my kids split screen with me and the screen split but the top stayed black and number two contoller had control of the main account character.

5) Trying to create a new PGArk crashes to dashboard.

6) Trying to split screen in a PGArk crashes to dashboard the instant you press create new survivor.

7) Loading a PGArk crashes to dashbord the first attempt but loads properly on the second.

8) Crafting jumping between foldered and unfoldered view. When you switch to your crafting menue it will be in unfoldered (despite having been set to foldered before) then as items are crafted it will jump back to foldered.

Xbox 1, scorched earth,  single player, and nondedicated hosting: 

shoulder mounts can now be thrown off, but many dinosaurs have lost most or all of their textures as if they're in a constant state of rendering. (The pegomastax is actually invisible with what look like leaves wrapped around parts of it.)

All of my characters engram points have been lost and I am unable to use a mindwipe tonic (with or without unlimited mindwipe tonics enabled). Character levels and stats are normal however.

As a side note, the removal of the adjustable tether in addition to the apparent speed nerf and other issues, has caused the friend I've been playing with to (understandably) abandon ark.

PC

I bought a new gaming laptop (ROG) couple months ago, you should be able to see the specs in my DxDiag attached bellow. I can play about 15-30 mins, and then I get bluescreens, crash to desktop without error message, crash to desktop with error message, with graphics crazy high and awful low, started game with low memory etc.. tried about every tips and trix I could find, but still crashes. Only thing I haven't tried is not having comp connected to my TV and play only with the laptop monitor.. Could that be the problem?

DxDiag.txt

DxDiag.txt

Hello !

I am on PC, windows 10, hosting a non-dedicated server on scorched earth. Since the last few weeks, we've had a problem with metal spawns. On the badlands especially, the metal nodes do not respawn at all, despite playing countless hours in the area. I noticed the same problem in the mountains with crystal and obsidian. I tried tunning down the resource respawn timer, but it doesn't seem to work.

16 hours ago, Nemesis851 said:

Yes, you are right, but I didn't want my post to seem overly dramatic, so I tried to stay factually correct. Big daddy is probably right, you need to protect it. But go see a Dr too- better safe than sorry eh. Hope you feel better soon mate.

I'm not sure if this also happens in single player but on ps4 there is a load configuration error I had recently which started off appearing when I joined a server. I noticed my explorer notes had been wiped and later on it began appearing constantly, first this was just happening in one particular area near a mountain then started at my base. It prevented me from moving or doing anything as it would pop up again as soon as I closed it. I deleted the configuration file as well as all of my single player saves and it seems to have fixed it for now. I would still like to find out why this happened if possible.

A very big bug has completely destroyed textures form most tek tier structures in my singleplayer world. it makes their textures completely messed up. got pictures from steam:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=963936874

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=963936467

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=963936097

10 minutes ago, ZiggyH99 said:

A very big bug has completely destroyed textures form most tek tier structures in my singleplayer world. it makes their textures completely messed up. got pictures from steam:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=963936874

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=963936467

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=963936097

textures were disabled on purpose to stop memory crashes the tek stuff may have been included 

On 7/2/2017 at 10:12 AM, RazerX said:

XboxOne - Single player local server

I read through t his thread, and didn't see these mentioned:

Sound

When running and then stopping, the footsteps continue for a few seconds

When you start crafting narcotics, the initial sound is VERY loud

Game

My main base is close to the West coast, about in the middle.  When I fly to redwood forest I am not seeing carnivores anymore, lots of flyers and bugs though.

The flight mechanics of the Pteranodon seem to have been changed?  When I fly I usually bring an opposite sex bird with me for added protection.  When I stop, the second bird hovers right over me like it's trying to mate with the bird I'm flying.  Very strange :)

This last one, I'm not sure it's a bug but definitely a change.  I built my base out of standard stone Dino gates, and have always been able to get my T-Rex through them no problem.  With the update they would not fit through anymore, so I had to tear a few down and add a behemoth gate.  Not sure if was a mistake at first to have the Rex fit through the standard gate and this was a fix, or it is a bug.  Not a big deal, although it looks a little odd. 

Thank you for listening.

I'm going to revise this post.  Redwood forest is now full of dino's, it just took a few days.  Although I will say that the terror birds are truly a terror, saw them take down a bronto yesterday!

Xbox single player issue (I don't play officials, so it may carry over. The sound volume when you craft in the mortar and pestle makes a super loud sound compared to the rest of the sounds at the set volume. 

Text in the UI is still tiny, and completely garbled in split screen

When in splitscreen, when both players are navigating and moving items in and out of another inventory (smithy, dino etc) the other player experiences moments of stutter and lag and is unable to move their cursor or transfer items themselves.

Also, another UI note, the section in the middle can be highlighted by the cursor, even though there is nothing to press. (I noticed when accessing another inventory)

Keep it up!

5 hours ago, DebzyzZz said:

Yes, you are right, but I didn't want my post to seem overly dramatic, so I tried to stay factually correct. Big daddy is probably right, you need to protect it. But go see a Dr too- better safe than sorry eh. Hope you feel better soon mate.

Tried extra virgin olive oil (room temp/should have been warmed), but it did nothing (incase it was just wax build up, which I've never had in my life). Today I'm trying Murine (boxed product), and then looks like I may go and see an certified audiologist (already called one, no health care coverage for them), and would have to pay out of pocket.

Thanks for the concern, but it should never have happened.

3700 hrs, and this would be an awful reason to have to stop

20 hours ago, Bigdaddy99 said:

I would never kid about something serious....the earplug, preferably foam, will help protect the eardrum from further damage....if you really think there is damage to the eardrum,  make an appointment with the ear dr. first thing tomorrow....I doubt there is permanent damage,  but you should have it checked out..... I worked on racecars and in a machine shop for 30 years and I do have some hearing loss, because I'm hard headed and wouldn't listen...

Thanks for the concern. I have already contacted a certified audiologist and they suggested a boxed product first incase it is a wax build up (which I've never had in my life). I will have to pay out of pocket for their service as it is not covered by healthcare. Cheers.

PS - I used to be a weekend race car track official/marshall. The loudest car I think I ever heard on track was the Panoz LMS.

Panoz LMP-1 Roadster-S

Archived