Singleplayer Bug/Issue Collection Thread

Jen

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Single player on Xbox

•Shoulder mounts aren't droppable by double tapping Y.

• Game hard crashes on Scorched earth map when entering the artifact cave near the blue obelisk. This occurs as soon as I get into the entrance of the cave. Have tried it with and without a mount. Before the update took a Thylo in no problem.

• The map markers you can place on the mini map are not displaying correctly. The names are showing up at coordinates on the map that don't match the coordinates on the GPS. Also applies to the "My position" as well. It looks like both are 10-20 units Northeast or Northwest of where they should be. I tried deleting and remarking the map but they don't show up at the coordinates I enter.

•Not sure if it's a bug or not, but the game feels laggy when I first log in, turning causes motion blur despite it being turned off in the settings and movement stutters for 30 seconds to 1 minute.

Single player, PS4, no mods, recent update:

-Surround sound is awful. Riding my Rex, if I decide I want to turn, all sound of footsteps from the rex is cut off on one ear and VERY loud on the other. VERY jarring and a major annoyance.

-Game menu/UI. When booting the game the start menu is partly cut off, not quite fitting the screen and since there appears to be no way of setting safety borders... it makes reading the titles/menus rather difficult. Can provide image if needed, my TV has NOT changed since the recent update and the menu was perfectly fine prior.

22 hours ago, danlillis said:

My creatures on singleplayer on xbox have very high attack stat and hp stats... then what they had and there speed stat has been droped atleast on the allo's it seems  from 100% speed to 90 speed... i dont get it for now thats the only issue im haveing and otherwards the food consumption stat on all creatures there eating way to quickly so im probely gonna lower the setting from 1.0 to 0.5... or something. -_- 

My friend gets this and we can't for the hell of it figure out why. I gave him two Rex's (My SP to his SP) and when I sent it it had about 30k Health, over on his it has 99k health and yet we went through our settings and they're all identical.

I don't put speed on my rexes and I noticed they are much slower than before 259/260 patch. I re-read the patch notes and accordingly only the speed gained per level up should have been affected, and not the base rex speed?  It appears to me that unintentionally rex base movement speed has been negatively affected during the recent patch(es). 

1 hour ago, Shave said:

My friend gets this and we can't for the hell of it figure out why. I gave him two Rex's (My SP to his SP) and when I sent it it had about 30k Health, over on his it has 99k health and yet we went through our settings and they're all identical.

It's because they introduce a check box in the settings for "single player" which is auto checked and it ups things to make it more single player friendly you should read the patch notes like the post says there are lots of helpful things in there happy hunting survivor 

PS4:

-The spawns for the Jungle Cave on the Center map are overspawning and spawning INSIDE the walls and below the floor, and even being spawned outside the cave.

-The highlight cursor fairly frequently gets stuck on the name box after naming a newly tamed dino. Unable to reopen the keyboard window or move the cursor down to close the name box. Only solution I've found to continue is pressing PS button on controller to tab out to PS4 dashboard and then hop back in game because it forces the pause menu to come up.

-Dino cuddle interval option in settings doesn't actually function or change anything

-If I exit to main menu while crouched I spawn back in stuck inside the floor and can only get out by either destroying the foundation/ceiling I'm stuck in or use console commands to ghost out.

Those are the only issues I can think of off the top of my head that I've run into.

Xbox one. 

I don't really know if this goes here, but after the patch I went from level 60 to level one. Everything else remained same, except my level dropped and I still have 60 points to level up, which means no real progress was lost, it is just very inconvenient. Also, I can barely move, the game seems to be lagging. My hand is just a squarish block and nothing around me seems to load fully or correctly, I could only move about five feet before I just cut the game off. 

I'm so glad you all are working on single player issues!  Thanks for not forgetting us!  We play Single player/split screen on PS4 Pro.

Bug1:  I noticed today-I was transferring stone, wood, and thatch from my mount to me for crafting and I noticed that some of the stacks disappeared in transfer.  I didn't think much of it but soon discovered that I was over encumbered and had hardy anything showing in my inventory.  When I transferred all items to a storage box I found that I had been carrying some stacks of stone, wood, and thatch that I could not see were in my inventory.  

Bug 2:  for some time now when releasing Dimorphodons from follow they take off in a straight path and do not stop until they hit something.  We've almost lost 2 due to this issue.  We take them off indoors now so we can catch them and they have tracker nodes on them.  It's been some months since they started doing this but they didn't do this when we first started playing the game earlier this year.

Bug 3:  speaking of trackers, we still cannot alter the channel frequencies on the tracker nodes.  I'd like to be able to put different frequencies on different types of pets.  Once you get too many out there, it becomes pretty useless and cluttered. I know they can do this on PC, but we can't do it on console.

Bug 4:  on spiltscreen.  The top player cannot see the the status icons.  So I can't tell if I'm hot, cold, something is stolen, if I'm eating... none of that shows on the screen anymore.  I've adjusted display settings and still no change.

Just a general note for split screen (and I know this has been mentioned) but it is impossible to read menu items since the new UI update.  This needs some adjustments... larger text, custom colors... something please.

Keep up the good work!  :-)

I run a dedicated server on xbox1, Centre map.

• Black sky, (golden rays still there in redwoods)
  • Generator is now very loud
  • Chemistry bench, 1st crafting 'ping' noise is very loud
  • Ice cave, some animals did not harvest at all when killed- esp spiders (1 chitin received once from 1 harvested).
  • Inverted fill - applies to all boxes and machinery.
  • Lag, seems to happen for no specific reason- but frequently.
  • No gigas, sheep or horses, trilobites very rare
  • Shoulder mount will not drop.
  • Slow rendering
  • Lightening storms very frequent
  • Loot drops set to max- no noticeable difference from default
  • Red and pink text still unreadable on TV- Just a pixelated blur
  • No placement 'pin' on map

But, plants in greenhouse fixed- imprinting now works too :-)

Will notify any other glitches as they appear and I notice them, many thanks

Archived