Singleplayer Bug/Issue Collection Thread

Jen

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • This is a setting for single player bug. When two players use the same xbox the settings for single player will be changed among each other. It will be nice if player 1 changed the settings it wouldn't change for player 2
  • I recently moved from SE to the center. While uploading my dinos my parasaur was deleted and didn't spawn. I also can't go to the center now because it's locked, if you could redo this and give us a day or two to move then that will be great. All my dinos and items are now stuck there but I don't want to use the cheat as now I have a goal to do. Single players need more goals and quests to do.. NPC humans fighting among single player users could create a pvp experience.

Just the two bugs I have.

2 minutes ago, fbsdias said:

I enter the server where I have base and the screen turns black

@fbsdias I had the same thing happen a while ago, run far away from my base and relog, its like its trying to load but there is too many structures in the area to load and it locks up to a black screen and you can move like normal (also see the dino names etc etc)

not sure if it will help but thats what i had to do :\

Hello, these are some little things I've found on the PC version of ARK while playing the Ragnarok map on singleplayer. I am not using any mods.

- Despite the patch stating it was fixed, my baby dinos still sink into the ground upon growing, however once they reach 50% growth they grow like normal.

- My Griffins, when tamed convert from their wild colour into a rich generic brown colour.

- When a Thyla (climbing cat thing) jumps at me while I am riding a Griffin, it will move in the air based upon my movement. This means if I move backwards and sideways (essentially moving in a circle in the air with the backwards and side to side controls) the cat flips out and flies around in circles. The cat does land however, highly comedic but might need fixing!

-XboxOne dedicated server on Island

-I randomly fall through the floor into the foundations and get stuck resulting in me having to relog. (i have even fallen through a ceiling then through storage boxes below and ended up stuck in foundation beneath)

-Lag has become worse with random rubber banding moments. (my internet is consistent and the same as before patch).

-When throwing items out of an inventory the cursor STILL randomly jumps up to the line above.

-New radial dino interaction wheel is HORRENDOUSLY clumsy and awkward (looks nice though).

-Dinos clipping through walls at a greater rate.

PC Singleplayer

- Game equips scissors onto the player when reaching the top of a ladder and no other equippable items (e.g. guns) are in your inventory. Scissors do not have to be on the hot bar.

- single player worlds are still pretty susceptible to being overwritten or made no longer accessible, leaving only a blank world accessible when there's a mod update. I can't really tell if my save game has been overwritten or not because of the way steam names mod folders. This does not happen every time there's an update. Example: The Ragnarok DLC released, I built something in my Ragnarok world, a week later something updates, the DLC disappears from the official maps section and shows back up in the mods section, and the next thing I'm realizing is that the entire world is wiped/no longer accessible. (Mods in use: death helper, classic flyers, fog remover, s+)

I play SP on PS4, and everytime I spawn in to fight the Dragon I spawn in under the map, as does my Rex army which leads to the game just crashing after falling a few hundred feet. Here's a quote from the thread I made and a video showing it:

"Every time I go to the Dragon Arena I instantly fall through the map, along with several or all of my Rex's. I'm on Singleplayer and have beaten the Dragon before on Easy but that was several week ago. My Rex's and I are falling through the map on Easy and on Medium difficulties but it's like we're actually spawning in under the map rather than falling through it. I whipped up a quick video of it for the attention of the Developers. Please fix this soon. 

Update: I just tried going in alone without my Rex's and it spawned me in absolutely fine(apart from the fact I was face to face with the Dragon with no weapons XD)

Update 2: I've just gone in on my own again and this time I did spawn in under the map. Both times I went in alone it was the same circumstances so it appears totally random. 

Update 3: I've been using the Green Ob to go there, so this time I flew over to the Red Ob, downloaded a Rex and went in with the Rex and then alone and both times it spawned me in under the map again, so the Ob isn't the problem either."

Have been experiencing a very strange bug for quite a while now. The game seems to overhaul itself on Fridays knowing that it more often than not gets sick afterwards and can't go see the doctor until Monday. 

It would be amazing for the game to be intelligent enough to wait until Monday or Tuesday before attempting these overhauls so that if it does get sick, which is about a 90% chance, it can go to the doctor immediately afterwards. 

PC, Singleplayer, Linux, French :

Client specific bugs :

1) Cannot go into the caves due to graphical glitches (black smoke everywhere) : MAJOR game braking bug (all endgame items are not accessible : bosses, tek tier)

2) numeric keypad not recognized : renders group orders unuseable (and console commands as it is impossible to type numbers, even on main keyboard)

3) graphical bugs (same as in caves) : black or multicolored effects rendered by some shader on dino steps, when harvesting wood from a tree and rain (can blacken the whole screen). These are area dependent : when the bug occurs, simply moving some steps in a direction can give access to a non impacted area (no bug), stepping back into the impacted area gets the bug back (black/rainbow effects).

9 hours ago, PsychoAmarok said:

All for xbox

Inverted Y axis in menus

I find the radial menu being inverted because I invert the camera extremely awkward.  

When opening the smithy all the items inside started at the bottom of the inventory making it very awkward to have to scroll past a bunch of empty slots to see inventory

when shooting the training dummy it wasn't registering hit from my crossbow or my compound bow 

the bottom half of birthday suit skin shows a bright light sometimes and the censor block others 

also I'm going to included this here because it's on a non dedi but my wife and I play and I host.  Periodically  her armor will disappear taking her body with it lol and she is a floating head the only temporary fix is to have her take armor off and put it back on but it only fixes it for a few minutes. Also today while on she was able to see a painting on a canvas that I couldn't see it was one I painted before the patch.

Will do more testing to the AM and will edit anything I need to but for now I must sleep.

Also can't double tap Y to get rid of pet on shoulder

Xbox Single player

tweeted this one and did all i could to get it noticed and gave up like a week ago... .. (along with the crash  due to tamed dinos which you found but it would have been nice to have it noticed like when it started cause its been there awhile and was introduced with a patch about 2 weeks ago....)

so here is the bug that has not been noticed regardless of my trying to report it but obviously failing - the torch on primitive + single player does not persist when you log out.   It goes poof and needs to be recrafted each time you log in

- bloom well you simply can't use it... on things like the green house its well just a huge glowing blob so you need to disable bloom its well way tooo bloomy.  

My creatures on singleplayer on xbox have very high attack stat and hp stats... then what they had and there speed stat has been droped atleast on the allo's it seems  from 100% speed to 90 speed... i dont get it for now thats the only issue im haveing and otherwards the food consumption stat on all creatures there eating way to quickly so im probely gonna lower the setting from 1.0 to 0.5... or something. -_- 

I asked for help on many platforms now and nobody seems to care so I will explain my problem to you here again: Since patch 259.1 (where we were supposed to move some files) my character on The Island is gone (Ragnarok as well but it is not a big deal for me). I didnt move any Island files. The things is that everything I built and tamed is still on The Island but I am a stranger to my own properties. I cannot enter my base or interact with my dinos - nothing belongs to me anymore. So, any ideas how to fix this? Btw, I also tweeted you guys directly and no answer since nobody can help me so please, HELP. 

Hello, i've had a massive problem regarding port issues, as i thought you checked the steam threads under bug-reports i was posting there.. i got forwarded here and i'm hoping you can look into this issue, i've uncovered a good deal of bugs that might require your attention.

this is the Direct link to the steam discussion:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/9/1368380934265892341/

you have to be logged in to be able to Access it.

if not it is listed under "ARK: Survival Evolved > Bug Reports & Exploits > Topic Details"

named: ARK Specific PORT issues: Server not showing properly in unofficial lists, but working.

The person actually linking me directly to this told me you covered MP aswell, eventhough it says SP at the top. sorry if i posted in the wrong one. but i am at a loss here and getting tired to reposting everywhere!

29 minutes ago, SurvivalArtist said:

I asked for help on many platforms now and nobody seems to care so I will explain my problem to you here again: Since patch 259.1 (where we were supposed to move some files) my character on The Island is gone (Ragnarok as well but it is not a big deal for me). I didnt move any Island files. The things is that everything I built and tamed is still on The Island but I am a stranger to my own properties. I cannot enter my base or interact with my dinos - nothing belongs to me anymore. So, any ideas how to fix this? Btw, I also tweeted you guys directly and no answer since nobody can help me so please, HELP. 

a trick is to always make a copy of Your saved folder inside /ShooterGame/ folder before you update. then if something goes wrong re-copy back that folder and you're all set. patches can always mess saves up.

Archived