Singleplayer Bug/Issue Collection Thread

Jen

48 minutes ago, ChronicAmnesia said:

i

When using high Merle damage Dino if I kill a handful of dinos and eat the corpses it DEF lags out for 2-15 secs. The center map is way worse than the island for that... really weird I know. Same thing with harvesting with high never damage Dino. 

Since resent updates dinos that spawn over time, quetzal, beavers- mostly there dams, titanosaur, and sometimes gigas either take forever to spawn or just don't spawn at all. Beaver dams have been almost non exsistant for a while! 

have this issue too along with it i found the center cave over populate and everyday i have to do a wipe because of lag. so populated it would freeze frame,fps was horrible .id take a guess over 100 animals at the beach when we came through the cave entrance. 

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First I almost wept when I seen this topic.  It's been a long time coming and I will probably post multiple times as I remember them all.  Windows 7 pc sp....

Dismounting a argie is still really hit or miss. Constant hovering over bird.  Bad ballance of food consumption of meat vs veggie eaters.  Herbivores don't eat hardly anything.  Ever since the latest patch the spawns have been very weak or non existent on all dinos.  Probably do to the stasis thing but the map is pretty empty now. The controller and mouse and keyboard interface and duel integration really needs alot more love.  Expecially in inventory and engram screens.  1 will kick the other out and sometimes pop the game from full screen mode. Also sometimes the game freezes when using the mouse instead of the controller.  Xbox 1 or 360.  Please add a function to alt out of full screen mode to duel monitor setups.  Being completely locked into full screen really is a pain.  I'm sure you are working on it but more ini option sliders or check boxes would be great.  The option to use or remove certain dinos from game would be awesome.  More giga spawns.  Most of the time no matter how many dino wipes I do I get none or 1. General problem but the petra follow is so annoying it constantly flys in circles around you but never at you.  Scorched earth whip character animation when looking up or down is only bending at hips and nothing else. It would be so helpful to have a complete list of explanation of what and how all options about anything do or work.  Be it controller or visual effects basically anything.  Most people don't speak your language of computer slang so some things we have no idea what or how to use it. Alot of issues for me in sp player latley have to do with the new ui and mouse keyboard and controller use at the same time.  What ever happened it does alot of funky stuff.  They just don't work well with each other.  The spawns just don't load right anymore expecially if you turn off the computer and play the next day.  Something is not right with the stasis thing.  Crafting inventory sound is loud really loud now. The action wheel.  Less sub menu's more slots.  Important stuff should be 1 click away not 4 sub menu's deep. I know I'm beating a dead house on this 1 but please give a option to enable speed on flyers.  In sp it's pretty important. It seems alot of issues lately in sp are getting addressed.  

I know alot of my stuff I suggested aren't sp exclusive but I've never played online servers to compare.  Simply put the game sounds like a nightmare online plus i have a job so probably never a possibility for real people like me. Npcs would be great.  A option to learn all engrams at max level would be cool but not a big deal. 

All and all I'm happy with the attention the game is finally getting in sp. It seems alot of things are being addressed.  So my list of actual bugs is getting shorter. hence all the suggestions.  Take it or leave it. 

Jerboas on the island. .....it should be mandatory.  And alot of them.  I know they serve no real function on the island but....come on. Best dino addition in ark.

PC SP (Modded and Non-modded)

The player pin on the map is offset by a bit (swimming in Hidden Lake, pin is in ocean)

Creatures spawning fine in my area and caves, but barely any spawns anywhere else. Remains the same after 4-5 dino wipes. Maybe the stasis function is acting up?

Will search for more, but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Xbox since the most recent update.

The option "use singleplayer settings" should not be enabled by default. It completely screwed up my player dedicated server and Ive seen similar responses from players on singleplayer and non dedicated. For some reason it seems to retroactively double all xp for players and tames. Is it a glitch that it is retroactive or was that on purpose? Now half of our dinos and most of my players are all max level and disabling the setting does not turn them back.

PC only:

Central cave still has no spawns

Since v258 I have memory leaks again (already turned off SkyQuality)

I know this is the wrong topic but could you add Scorched Earth achievements? The game seems kinda dead

and whilst talking about Scorched Earth, the Morellatops has a bug which causes him to float over the ground when he´s eating while running

Dino´s can´t outrun rocks or trees, it is truely horrible walking through a forest with more than two stegos for example

Also not really a bug but where are the fence gates? They are necessary for a good farm :D

Doedicurus and sometimes also the other creatures get kicked away after you kill them (Doedicurus when he´s rolled), will we get the death animations from the dev kit? Because they look very good and I guess this will fix the bug

I have a ton of ideas and I wanted to ask where I can hand them in, I sent them per email or the support but I get no answer, I wrote a letter aswell, I hope you´ll see it

I play sp on ps4 and the only issue I'm having is when I die it always takes me back to character creation to create a new character. I have to constantly start over at Lvl 1, even though my base has a bed and my dinos are still there. My bed respawn point on the map does not even show up after you die. So you are basically forced to start over.

There are MAJOR issues involving procedurally generated maps. Most of the time, Ark crashes on my ps4 when i try to generate a map. When i actually do create a PGM, ark will run smoothly for aproximately a minute, and then it crashes again and the map is corrupted. I have talked with my freinds about the PGM feature and they seem to experience the same exact thing i am experIencing. It wont even work for singleplayer. 

Xbox One

- Logging off and logging on to find tames stuck in foundations/walls/ceilings and having to demolish everything to remove them.

- Can't get shoulder mount off shoulder.

- Thylacoleo gets stuck in a jump position and proceeds to slide around on the ground.

- Inventory stacking starting at the bottom instead of the top.

- Babies will stop eating even when food is inventory or in trough. Having to force feed regularly so they don't starve to death. 

Xbox:

- Please put the host tether distance option back into console, its impossible to play anymore, my friends and I have considered to stop playing because of it!

- Items sorting at bottom instead of top 

- Serious lag when killing baby dinos

- Non-dedicated host, players are just floating heads

- Supply drop and fishing quality setting doesn't change anything, still getting compass blueprints and no change in quality compared to PC

All of these issues I can deal with, except for the removal of the host tether option, I have really good internet capabilities so I can host a non-dedicated session with little to no lag. So I host when my friends and I play, its really fun where we could all work on separate jobs to better the base, but now we might quit playing because they can't go anywhere without me having to be right next to them, I read the tweet Jen sent about the option being removed, but we had no problems with the tether being extended when it was an option, it made it fun and easy to play, if this doesn't get changed, I'm sorry to say but we might quit playing because of this change, we all love this game and would hate to quit. Please do everything in your power to fix or change the option, other than that, we love ARK!

1 hour ago, Nickoli1900 said:

I play sp on ps4 and the only issue I'm having is when I die it always takes me back to character creation to create a new character. I have to constantly start over at Lvl 1, even though my base has a bed and my dinos are still there. My bed respawn point on the map does not even show up after you die. So you are basically forced to start over.

1. There are 2 boxes when you die. "Create new character" & Respawn random location.
Take Respawn when possible. If you dont get the respawn box check 2.
2. Check youre settings and make shure "hardcore mode" is not active. In hardcore mode you will never be able to respawn since its harcore.

PC, Windows

Walk from the side towards an Argentavis or a Pteranodon until "Move closer" changes to "(E) Ride". Pressing E doesn't do anything. I have to go much closer to be able to actually jump on. Most of the time I have to come from behind otherwise the wings push me away or I'm still to far away that the E will work. Pressing E twice sometimes helps, but that's not a solution. When pressing three times in a short period of times you jump off again and your flier flies away until it decides to sit down. So pressing E multiple times has to be avoided.

This was "introduced" around the time as you could get stuck on pipes and ladders in singleplayer.

I don't know if other creatures are also affected, but on a server I never experienced this behavior. When "(E) Ride" is visible I can jump on.

Xbox One - Dedicated ServeR - Primative Plus

1. Unable to Drop Shoulder Mount Tsme - When you pick up dodo or loon.  Then double tap y it does not drop tame.  There seems to be no way to drop animal unless you exit ark and come back in.

2. Smithy Sorting to Bottom - All items and engrams in smithy and construction table sort to the bottom. 

3. Wild Gigas Stuck - Wild Gigas seem unable to eat Stego or Mamouth dead bodies.  They sit there trying to bite it until the body decomposes. Even if you shoot then they do not stop.

Thanks for your great work! Love the game!

Aaron

49 minutes ago, Xtryonline said:

1. There are 2 boxes when you die. "Create new character" & Respawn random location.
Take Respawn when possible. If you dont get the respawn box check 2.
2. Check youre settings and make shure "hardcore mode" is not active. In hardcore mode you will never be able to respawn since its harcore.

You're right, the "hardcore mode" box was checked. Cheers mate, appreciate the help. :)

On XBOX, single player, Scorched Earth: ALL dinos with points invested into speed lost roughly half of the speed value those points gave with no visible returns. For example, one of our procoptodons with 120% movement speed was knocked down to 110% and another procoptodon with about 122% speed went down to 111% (which is a value that shouldn't even be possible without tweaking the settings). Similar instances occurred with every single Dino where speed was leveled previously. My character's personal movement speed also went from 120% to 115%.

19 minutes ago, AlphaZero said:

On XBOX, single player, Scorched Earth: ALL dinos with points invested into speed lost roughly half of the speed value those points gave with no visible returns. For example, one of our procoptodons with 120% movement speed was knocked down to 110% and another procoptodon with about 122% speed went down to 111% (which is a value that shouldn't even be possible without tweaking the settings). Similar instances occurred with every single Dino where speed was leveled previously. My character's personal movement speed also went from 120% to 115%.

Yeah, on the patch notes they nerfed speed on player and on dinos, not like they did it enough already! You can change the player stat per level, thats what I did!

IMPORTANT

I think it's great that you pick up a player's problems, but I think you'd better pick up the multiplayer ones, since it's what most people play and have many more problems
For example, my PS4 server (EU-PS4OfficialServer573) (The Island) two days ago is going very bad in connection, falls, crashs ... Two days ago it is reset every 10-15 min and does not save progress ...
I also do not think it's normal that we have 3-4 days of x2 and 3-4 days with connection problems on the server ...
In summary my PS4 server, The Island, EU-PS4OfficialServer573 does not work as it should ...
Thanks and solve it as soon as possible.

Archived