Tek trough is utterly useless

McTayTay

You got to be kidding me.

They are one of the few good things that happened to this game.

I'm a breeder, i basically breed around 30 dinos every week minimum, before tek troughs i had to wake up in middle of the night to transfer meat from fridges into troughs, this is alot easier now. I just love them. Once you get the hang of bosses, element will not longer be a problem for your tek gen.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, Haz2014 said:

Tek troughs are useless? Maybe for small tribes but when you have a vault full of element on rag or on your aberration server element is cheap..

tek troughs are OP you can put alot down next to a tek gen on lowest setting if you elevate it slightly as there is a bubble area. 

Yeah, we have 14 troughs in one spot on the lowest setting and could put more too if we wanted. Pretty much any gen we have near dinos gets a couple troughs too. They are a godsend. Makes keeping gigas fed easy after 10%

13 hours ago, rcarteraz said:

Yeah, we have 14 troughs in one spot on the lowest setting and could put more too if we wanted. Pretty much any gen we have near dinos gets a couple troughs too. They are a godsend. Makes keeping gigas fed easy after 10%

I know right! Tek troughs up there with the transmitter and teleporter as best structures for sure

• 1 month later...

Tek Troth is amazing...

100% worth it. makes breeding auto pilot. 
i freaking love it so much. essentially we are now breeding everything in mass a million times easier.. which in turn makes element farming a lot easier (because we have constant battle rex's growing ready to go). 1 meat run every few days, how is this not worth it? 

On 7/1/2017 at 11:22 PM, Sup3riorArs3nal said:

They are extremely useful for breeding. 1 raw meat spoils in 16 hours or so. A stack of 20 spoils in 13, almost 14 days. With enough Tek troughs you could get enough meat in one go and never feed a juvenile giga again for the rest of the raise. 15 Tek troughs filled with raw meat and you'll never have to worry about your raising giga for the rest of the raise. 4 full Tek troughs and you don't have to worry about a quetzal. 2 and you don't have to worry about a Rex. 1 full Tek trough and you can raise anything as short or shorter than a Spino. Things get easier with herbivores. 70 slots of berries for a bronto with the Tek trough. 47 with mejos, 36 for crops. 16 small crop plots with mejos or 24 medium crop plots per bronto being raised and you'd never even need a berry run.

Occasionally re-grouping the stacks and you could get away with even fewer troughs/slots, especially for carnivores.

You know I never actually thought about using Crops! It never made sense with a regular trough but with a Tek trough, it is feasible. 

Honestly, everyone saying that they’re useless or not worth it, clearly aren’t that advanced in the game. Which is understandable on why you guys felt they were more trouble than they were worth. I also understand that this forum was a year ago. Things have changed since. In my opinion, tek troughs are extremely helpful. Especially when I can fill 4 up and leave my babies for hours and hours before I have to refill again. 

10 hours ago, UnderlyingQueen said:

Honestly, everyone saying that they’re useless or not worth it, clearly aren’t that advanced in the game. Which is understandable on why you guys felt they were more trouble than they were worth. I also understand that this forum was a year ago. Things have changed since. In my opinion, tek troughs are extremely helpful. Especially when I can fill 4 up and leave my babies for hours and hours before I have to refill again. 

4 hours ago, Thamic said:

On scorched earth the tek troughs were a game changer for me. They were expensive to make but would do it again. If you are scorched earth just make sure to power tek generator with shards not element. Will save you some element when storm knocks your tek generator off. 

This thread is almost a year old, when tek gens werent as popular and the game was different. We had unspoiling meat and berries back then.

They are widley known to be great now. Dont need to keep necroing

• 6 months later...
On 7/1/2017 at 11:31 PM, McTayTay said:

10 regular feeding troughs, 20 fridges and about a minimum of 4 grills (or 10 if you want to fill fridges up quicker) is gonna be cheaper than doing boss fights and saving up resources for a, tek replicator, tek generator and finally a trough. Spending a total of 1.4k poly, 8.3k metal, 950 crystal, 123 element, and 315 black pearls for a tek replicator, trough and generator. OR you can spend 4.4k metal, 300 poly, 800 crystal, 200 electronics and a minimum of 80 raw metal for 20 fridges, 10 grills and 10 feeding troughs. Which seems more efficent??? Sorry, rather stick to my 20 feeding troughs and 25 grills.

But I already have a tek generator that I run 24/7, so...

I'm sold on this tek trough, making some tonight ;)

Archived