Tek trough is utterly useless

McTayTay

1 hour ago, Sphere said:

Why does it even need element to run? Just attach a regular generator......... developers and their game mechanics. But at least I understand why. Because it's a game changer.

Although its not pleasant the tek generator is really easy to maintain now. If you have it on x2 range 10 element(1 easy brood) gives you nearly 21 days worth of charge.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AlphaCarno said:

Yes it basically is, with 40 more slots then the reg trough and more then double the slots of a fridge.

Yeah a bit just like a fridge with a couple servos dispencing meat, just like those refrigerated Coca-Cola can vending machines that work on electricity, not alien generators mind you.

On 7/8/2017 at 4:12 PM, AlphaCarno said:

if you read the rest of the comments on this post it isn't really expensive at all, just a bit of a grind like everything else in this game.

Yeah i agree with that. It being another grind. If you so chose to be part of that next level of resource grinding. I haven't done the math since I don't have one yet made, but once you understand and have maintained a tek generator you can transition into understanding what is needed for a tek one. Much like using and understanding how much gas you need for a gas powered electric generator and over the course of weeks or a month I'm sure you'll have an idea of how to get a tek trough to work for you.

It's not expensive... 1 element lasts 12.5 hour in a tek genny on lowest radius. Put the genny in the middle of your raising area. Surround it with tek troughs. Fill them all up with cooked meat, or Dodo kibble. Baby raise all the gigas and rexs you want... when they get outta baby phase.. Relaaaxxxxx. 20 element lasts 10 days. Psssh ez

47 minutes ago, ZenZen44 said:

It takes 5 minutes to get a weeks worth of element for a trough genny

So you can do all this in 5 minutes:

- Go to all the caves and collect all the required artifacts to summon a boss
- Collect all the other boss fighting requirements (talons or whatever)
- Breed all the required dinos
- Collect all the resources for the saddles
- Fly to the obelisk
- Put the items in the ob
- Complete the boss fight......
- Fly back to your base....

(oh, and this is after you have unlocked the tek trough engram.)

Wow amazing! your so fast

17 minutes ago, MostSpy said:

- Fly to the obelisk

No, lol. Have transmitters at every artifact needed for easy megapithicus, brood... fast travel to each location (4).. upload them.. upload your 19 rexs, and 1 yuty.. and their saddles. Download them at an ob. Saddle them up. Put some okay gear on. Start the fight. Get in to arena... whistle attack target for all your rexs.. be on the Yuty.. stand behind the bunch and C to boost their damage and reduce the damage they take as well as increase the damage the adds take. Melt the bosses quickly. EZ So yea.. if you're fast and know what you're doing. Sure 5mins is doable.

15 hours ago, Monics said:

No, lol. Have transmitters at every artifact needed for easy megapithicus, brood... fast travel to each location (4).. upload them.. upload your 19 rexs, and 1 yuty.. and their saddles. Download them at an ob. Saddle them up. Put some okay gear on. Start the fight. Get in to arena... whistle attack target for all your rexs.. be on the Yuty.. stand behind the bunch and C to boost their damage and reduce the damage they take as well as increase the damage the adds take. Melt the bosses quickly. EZ So yea.. if you're fast and know what you're doing. Sure 5mins is doable.

Maybe they will listen and learn something

21 hours ago, MostSpy said:

- Fly to the obelisk

lol dude you get 220 element for 1 Dragon  on hard  110 days for breading^^ ez

And on SE for Manticor you get 190 Elements and just need 3 Artifacts and some Talon.

Just now, coyote12911 said:

lol dude you get 220 element for 1 Dragon  on hard  110 days for breading^^ ez

And on SE for Manticor you get 190 Elements and just need 3 Artifacts and some Talon.

Yeah I know how much element u get, i was replying cause someone said it takes 5 mins to get (which is false),
My tribe uses the troughs and loves them, I don't actualy agree with half the stuff in this thread, the troughs are brilliant and definitely worth the boss fighting investment to use them.

• 6 months later...

These are essential for raising multiple gigas at a time.  It took about an hour to farm all the mats to make one (doing stuff I do anyways).  saying it is to expensive is a joke if you have decent sized tribe.  If you are doing it solo then yes maybe but as a tribe this is easy.   I recommend it to anyone that likes to breed.

1 hour ago, DirtyMactruck said:

These are essential for raising multiple gigas at a time.  It took about an hour to farm all the mats to make one (doing stuff I do anyways).  saying it is to expensive is a joke if you have decent sized tribe.  If you are doing it solo then yes maybe but as a tribe this is easy.   I recommend it to anyone that likes to breed.

Whoa, this is an old one.. ahh the good ole days

Well now that we have bumped this thread into existence...

1 hour ago, Skiidzman said:

You noobs dont get tek benefits. The replicator in and of itself has way more slots and crafts quicker. The trough IS an upgrade and is used that way. Is it the every day feeding trough? No, but for breed events and babies it wins.

Bit sad to see that the trough doesn't have an increased feeding range though, and I heard it doesn't work like a normal trough if not running from a gen? It really should act like a normal trough when not running from a gen xD

21 hours ago, Todgins said:

Well now that we have bumped this thread into existence...

Bit sad to see that the trough doesn't have an increased feeding range though, and I heard it doesn't work like a normal trough if not running from a gen? It really should act like a normal trough when not running from a gen xD

It used to have two additional foundation range to the TEK Trough, I tested it extensively with different dinos. That all changed though as soon as retail release hit. It was dropped back down to the same range of regular troughs. Heck, I would almost argue that in some cases it seems to be slightly lower range than regular troughs, hard to tell sometimes.

4 hours ago, Palenor said:

It used to have two additional foundation range to the TEK Trough, I tested it extensively with different dinos. That all changed though as soon as retail release hit. It was dropped back down to the same range of regular troughs. Heck, I would almost argue that in some cases it seems to be slightly lower range than regular troughs, hard to tell sometimes.

That would have been great :D

My trough range is always slightly too small to cover all my dinos. I like to space them out a bit so they can breathe.

Archived