Tek trough is utterly useless

McTayTay

On 7/1/2017 at 7:11 PM, Smash said:

I've found all the tek stuff pretty underwhelming, but I'd take that over the overpowered mess the trailer hinted it was going to be.

That being said, I've never really worked out all the angst about feeding troughs.  It just doesn't seem that big a deal to me to spend 20mins every few days to fill them up.  Maybe it's more of an issue for PVE servers where tribes have thousands of tames but then again, what else is there to do on PVE anyway?

I think its an issue when trying to breed more than one carnivore at a time and them eating all the troughs while you attempt to sleep. Players were hoping for a trough that would counter the effects of spoilage so they could rest longer with full troughs. A lot of food goes to waste during a raise so you have to make a lot of troughs and wait for meat to cook (need a damn Tek grill cause industrial is still to slow for breeding) or wake up for a 20 min farm session. 

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, Iimmy said:

And I love how out of touch with players and the community you are.

75% of players not being able to attain TEK out of SOLO is a very generous percentage. I would say realistically it's close to 80% of regular players and 95% of solo players.

Got a job? then you can't stay up for days raising virtual tamagotchis to take on a boss.

Got a family? See above

Play Solo? see above

It goes on and on.

Go and check how much rep my post got on the first page of the TEK trough thread, that pretty much sums up how pointless, useless and unattainable more TEK garbage is and how much people AGREE . Hell, where's the 'Industrial' trough?

Nowhere anywhere in his statement did he say that the players would be trying to obtain the tek solo. It's a tribe effort, and tribes can obtain them. If you insist on trying to solo play a multiplayer game whose mechanics from day one have been geared to building bonds with more people then the difficulties that follow suit are all on you.

Got a job? Ask your tribemate to pitch in with the raising, even if it does kill the imprints.

Got a family? See above.

Play solo? Then do your best to come to terms with the fact that this game was never meant to be solo friendly.

It goes on and on.

10 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

Nowhere anywhere in his statement did he say that the players would be trying to obtain the tek solo. It's a tribe effort, and tribes can obtain them. If you insist on trying to solo play a multiplayer game whose mechanics from day one have been geared to building bonds with more people then the difficulties that follow suit are all on you.

Got a job? Ask your tribemate to pitch in with the raising, even if it does kill the imprints.

Got a family? See above.

Play solo? Then do your best to come to terms with the fact that this game was never meant to be solo friendly.

It goes on and on.

none of what you said relates to the point I made, I will just leave it there as it's like talking to a brick wall. 

Guest BubbaCrawfish
3 hours ago, McTayTay said:

You were/able to put milk in a feeding trough, I would do it because me and my tribe would raise about 20+ wyverns at a time.

But that's the thing though, it only provides the same spoil rate as a dino inventory, and it doesn't accept salt... So in effect you'd have been better off putting it in a dino inventory with salt...

5 hours ago, AlphaCarno said:

pretty sure he was saying that since if you have a full time job theres nearly no way you can get 90%.... Unless your playing at work, not judging but most people don't.

No I didn't play at work at all, that would be impossible, did make a few lunch time trips home though, and I got up multiple times through the night.

19 hours ago, Zed38 said:

how much time over the course of those 3 would you have saved filling troughs with tek vs nontek? just a ballpark figure...

thanks for finally addding something constructive to the topic. I've actually go no idea, I don't find a problem with the existing troughs. I just have 25 fridges full of cooked, I use some of them in the middle of the night, etc and replace the meat after work

50 minutes ago, GavinChester said:

I just have 25 fridges full of cooked, I use some of them in the middle of the night, etc and replace the meat after work

I would expect this would be how most people would operate currently.  Which means a Tek trough saves opening and closing a few inventories, so maybe a couple of minutes a week saved.

Just now, Kallor said:

I would expect this would be how most people would operate currently.  Which means a Tek trough saves opening and closing a few inventories, so maybe a couple of minutes a week saved.

a stack of cooked meat can last over 21 days in a tek trough. if you had  enough you wouldn't have to worry about filling t he troughs at all.

56 minutes ago, GavinChester said:

No I didn't play at work at all, that would be impossible, did make a few lunch time trips home though, and I got up multiple times through the night.

If you worked a regular job you would miss at least 2-3 imprints every day for 14 days. Even if it was 2 you'd lose out on 42 possible %. if it was 1 a day that would be 21. But anyways this is about the tek trough, as I just said above the point of the tek trough is to save time for people who don't want to farm meat constantly. And as for its hardness you can get this in a solo tribe and maintain it.

52 minutes ago, AlphaCarno said:

If you worked a regular job you would miss at least 2-3 imprints every day for 14 days. Even if it was 2 you'd lose out on 42 possible %. if it was 1 a day that would be 21. But anyways this is about the tek trough, as I just said above the point of the tek trough is to save time for people who don't want to farm meat constantly. And as for its hardness you can get this in a solo tribe and maintain it.

nah not that many, i do an imprint just before work, work for 8 hrs, do next imprint, so it's somewhere between 1 and 2, then I hit every other opportunity I can, especially on the weekends where I get them all in.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, AlphaCarno said:

a stack of cooked meat can last over 21 days in a tek trough. if you had  enough you wouldn't have to worry about filling t he troughs at all.

Longer than that. Cooked meat lasts 1 day and 9 hours in a fridge, and stacks up to 30. That means that in a tek trough all the stacks of meat that your dinos aren't consuming can last well over a month in there.

On 7/1/2017 at 10:11 PM, Smash said:

I've found all the tek stuff pretty underwhelming, but I'd take that over the overpowered mess the trailer hinted it was going to be.

tek is so extremely difficult to get, takes so much time and effort to maintain, that it SHOULD be OP. making it impossible to get and also useless once you get it makes absolutely no sense. especially for the tek stuff that has no PVP applications like the trough and the underwater bases

1 hour ago, devilkingx2 said:

tek is so extremely difficult to get, takes so much time and effort to maintain, that it SHOULD be OP. making it impossible to get and also useless once you get it makes absolutely no sense. especially for the tek stuff that has no PVP applications like the trough and the underwater bases

I can easily see a use in PVP for underwater bases... maybe not huge bases but caches.

Still, it should have been an industrial trough like most everybody have been requesting for about 2 years. WC then has the nerve to say they listen.

3 hours ago, devilkingx2 said:

If you can raise rexies or have a group of at least 5 people the trough itself is easy. As for most of the other tek items xD. Besides the transmitter and tek gates I do agree their basically just for show.

Step 1: Set up a base on a scorched earth server.
Step 2: Build near/on an obelisk.
Step 3: Transfer 5-10 good rexes.
Step 4: Farm Alpha Manticore summons daily.

End result: More element than you can shake a stick at. During evolution events its incredibly easy to farm the materials (minus element) needed for all of the tek tier items. with the inability to transfer element, and the fast spoilage times on SE, having a tek trough is incredibly useful. Not to mention the fact that the tek generator doesnt deteriorate like normal ones do on SE. Kill Manticore, make what you need with the element gained, then throw the leftover into your generator and your SE dinos and boss rexes are happy. For people who mainly play SE this thing is a godsend for breeding.

Archived