Tek trough is utterly useless

McTayTay

14 hours ago, TR-8R said:

And i already beat all 3 bosses to begin with , so i am quite confidence to say that it is better to invest in normal trough than  a fancy little tek trough that require many many elements which required huge time just for collecting all the needed stuffs and raise battle rexes .

Solo tribe? or perhaps few members?

farming bosses doesnt require huge time at all. Just whistle J while standing near the obilisk terminal and they all come running out of your tribes boss rex storage box nearby.

assign collecting the artis and bits n peices to specific tribe members and give them a weekly quota to fill.

the people complaining the cost of tek trough is high are the people who just arent really ready for proper boss farming. They dont understand this because they arent there yet. Those that are can see this, and have stated such already here.

step up your game, ladies.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
6 hours ago, ducttapefixeseverything said:

I think you missed the part about 75 percent of Ark players will never even see a tek trough outside of solo play, and conveniently ignored the whole part about topping it off during imprints. Which, in case you also did not notice, never line up exactly with the scheduled time. It may say, Next imprint in 3 hours and 15 minutes, but if you come back at that time, it will be off by several minutes. It is perfect for restacking meat in the three or five minutes that the timer is off.

And yes, you do have to farm meat for at least an hour a day when raising apex predators five or six at a time. Cause, uh, yeah, they fixed floating babies and destroyed stasis and then the Schrodinger's meat. Perhaps our raising styles are different. I don't hatch compys.

Higher initial investment for tek trough. Yup. You gotta breed the rexes for the boss fight first somehow. By the time you can afford to go to the boss fight, the tek trough will be rather a disappointment once you do get one. And then, you are going to have to make at least ten of them for them to be even worth using.

Does it sound like I am complaining? I'm not. Just disgusted that WC reskinned Tarvan's Trough and made it tek.

This tek trough should have been in the electrical phase of the engram tree.

And a tek trough should have had triple the slots and held food in stasis. Was the original idea.

I love that you throw out random unsourced statistics expecting everyone to take it seriously. Either way, "75 percent of ark players" being either unwilling or unable to scrounge the necessary investment for tek troughs does not in any way affect the comparison of start up cost vs upkeep when comparing tek troughs to primitive troughs.

As for topping it off during imprints, that makes zero sense to bring up either because if you're using a tek trough, you don't have to bother yourself with topping tek troughs off during imprint sessions unless you want to, because the odds are that resources there are still plentiful. Which gives you ample time to do anything else that your tribe may need that isn't going out and getting meat.

You keep throwing out all these scenarios where you need to collect meat and I'm saying that thanks to the increased slot size and the reduced spoil time that the tek trough offers, those scenarios become less on the side of need and more on the side of want. Which is why I said that the tek trough is a higher investment for a reduced upkeep.

5 hours ago, Sup3riorArs3nal said:

you and your tribemates could all wind up in a car crash and wake up 2 weeks later from comas, and your baby giga would have fully raised with no issue. 

Except half your base would have auto demoed and your dino timers would have expired and despawned.  I do see the point you are making but I had to poke fun at that :).

Whats Tek about a refrigerated trough?  We have jet packs, sharks with lasers, teleporters, cloners etc  those a tek items.  Tek trough would need to be something like an auto feeder that hand raises babies or something to make the tek standard.  They should have a full primitive level, industrial and then tek level of everything (plus extra tek items).

At a high level though I really think they need to revisit their concept of stacks and make some serious changes.

34 minutes ago, Kallor said:

Except half your base would have auto demoed and your dino timers would have expired and despawned.  I do see the point you are making but I had to poke fun at that :).

Whats Tek about a refrigerated trough?  We have jet packs, sharks with lasers, teleporters, cloners etc  those a tek items.  Tek trough would need to be something like an auto feeder that hand raises babies or something to make the tek standard.  They should have a full primitive level, industrial and then tek level of everything (plus extra tek items).

At a high level though I really think they need to revisit their concept of stacks and make some serious changes.

Totally agreed, this concept it totally flawed! Poorly executed in every way. Those tribes who are at the stage of farming elements hardly need this anyway. I've never had an issue raising gigas the old fashioned way. Why not make something like that at the industrial tier and make it more accessible to mid level tribes to help them out. Classic top 1% have 99% of the wealth. No trickle down economics here :P

Guest BubbaCrawfish
On 7/2/2017 at 0:30 PM, McTayTay said:

Better yet, you can't even put wyvern milk in it!

Yep, not an issue, as the previous one didn't either... Preserving bin, Preserving salts, spark powder... Sorted.

1 hour ago, GavinChester said:

Totally agreed, this concept it totally flawed! Poorly executed in every way. Those tribes who are at the stage of farming elements hardly need this anyway. I've never had an issue raising gigas the old fashioned way. Why not make something like that at the industrial tier and make it more accessible to mid level tribes to help them out. Classic top 1% have 99% of the wealth. No trickle down economics here :P

Get bigger, loot better stuff, tame/breed stronger. If you consider yourself one of the 99%ers it's because you arent trying to better yourself or your tribe enough. All it takes is time, effort and cooperation.

I like the idea of meat lasting longer in a trough, but Tek is unattainable by many. You need a good group to kill the bosses with normal settings on medium or hard. I guess unless you're insanely lucky and get gold weapon, armor, and saddle BPs and tame some fine mounts to join you. Even so, why does this crap have to be tek tier? Why not metal? We have air conditioners and such so why do we need tek for this? I hate that the tek generator is so massive. I also hate that you have to grind bosses to keep a tek place running.

1 hour ago, Zed38 said:

Get bigger, loot better stuff, tame/breed stronger. If you consider yourself one of the 99%ers it's because you arent trying to better yourself or your tribe enough. All it takes is time, effort and cooperation.

you assume a lot ! I do boss fights regularly and I'm at tame limit and could burn elements if I wanted. I don't need this, as no one in my position does. I am advocating that people in lesser positions who find raising gigas hard should catch a break on this stuff. I raised 3 or more gigas solo out of the water with no problems whilst maintaining a full time job and still get high 90s imprints. I don't need a tek trough to do that, I woudn't waste my time!

5 hours ago, AlphaCarno said:

I feel like this is more about those who haven't gotten tek complaining that they won't be able to use the trough, and those who can talking about how amazing it is. Its just medium monkey, their even adding it to manticore. This will be super easy to get. Anyone can.

I have Tek gear, Replicators, Transmitters, Tek Behemoths and all sorts of other random stuff built.  Ive killed all the bosses, unlocked all the engrams.  We have pretty much perfectly bred rexes and the ability to raise 20 at once if we want.

It still sucks as a Tek item, it's still only an industrial level item (this is my major problem with it).  The only thing it saves is the tedium of opening and closing inventories multiple times (dino->fridge->trough) vs (dino->tek trough). 

Guest BubbaCrawfish
1 hour ago, McTayTay said:

You can/were able to put wyvern milk in the regular feeding trough.

Don't think so... Even if it were true, why? You can just put it in the babies inventory, giving it the same spoil rate as a normal trough, and then put salts in there, making the trough usage pointless on that front.

On 02/07/2017 at 10:30 AM, ducttapefixeseverything said:

No idea why anyone would cook meat. Fish meat gives the same food and lasts just as long without the annoying extra step of cooking it.

Is this true? With the new stasis update it seems to be a constant battle with the spoil timer, is raw fish better than raw meat and actually comparable with cooked meat? Has anyone tested this?

25 minutes ago, Cribbs84 said:

Is this true? With the new stasis update it seems to be a constant battle with the spoil timer, is raw fish better than raw meat and actually comparable with cooked meat? Has anyone tested this?

Yes, it is true. Same amount of food as cooked meat. Each piece of cooked meat gives slightly better health than a piece of raw fish meat, 8 points of health for cooked compared to 5 for fish meat. And fish meat has exact same spoil timer as cooked meat.

About the only thing cooked meat is good for is raising daeodons and making kibble.

Kinda makes you look at those clouds of mantas following a basilo a little differently.

Most would see an nuisance. I see three troughs of meat.

Also, you do have to kill the basilo. Leaving it alive prevents the respawn of the mantas. They respawn with it. Not to say killing off the mantas and coming back later you will not see one following it. Regularly spawning mantas are attracted to it too.

I love the TEK trough :) It saves me so much time farming meat everyday. I am a big breeder i raise about 10 gigas and 30+ rexes at the same time. If you want to sleep for 8 hours with out worrying about refilling food that is about 50 regular troughs. With regular trough every night over 10k meat spoils. 10k meat takes about 1 hour to farm for me. With TEK trough you can get away with only 16 troughs with almost no spoilage compare to the regular. Each trough takes about 1 element for 8 hours of usage. 16 of them is about 16 ele. Soloing hard ape gives you 120 ele and that only takes 10 min collecting the artifact and tributes takes about 1 hour. So with the waste time spent farming meat that are destined to be spoiled for 1 day you can farm enough element for 7 days.

19 hours ago, GavinChester said:

you assume a lot ! I do boss fights regularly and I'm at tame limit and could burn elements if I wanted. I don't need this, as no one in my position does. I am advocating that people in lesser positions who find raising gigas hard should catch a break on this stuff. I raised 3 or more gigas solo out of the water with no problems whilst maintaining a full time job and still get high 90s imprints. I don't need a tek trough to do that, I woudn't waste my time!

oh, ok. still a ways to go then. 100% or nothing :)

On 7/4/2017 at 4:45 AM, BubbaCrawfish said:

Don't think so... Even if it were true, why? You can just put it in the babies inventory, giving it the same spoil rate as a normal trough, and then put salts in there, making the trough usage pointless on that front.

You were/able to put milk in a feeding trough, I would do it because me and my tribe would raise about 20+ wyverns at a time.

On 04/07/2017 at 0:04 AM, ciabattaroll said:

I love that you throw out random unsourced statistics expecting everyone to take it seriously. Either way, "75 percent of ark players" being either unwilling or unable to scrounge the necessary investment for tek troughs does not in any way affect the comparison of start up cost vs upkeep when comparing tek troughs to primitive troughs.

As for topping it off during imprints, that makes zero sense to bring up either because if you're using a tek trough, you don't have to bother yourself with topping tek troughs off during imprint sessions unless you want to, because the odds are that resources there are still plentiful. Which gives you ample time to do anything else that your tribe may need that isn't going out and getting meat.

You keep throwing out all these scenarios where you need to collect meat and I'm saying that thanks to the increased slot size and the reduced spoil time that the tek trough offers, those scenarios become less on the side of need and more on the side of want. Which is why I said that the tek trough is a higher investment for a reduced upkeep.

And I love how out of touch with players and the community you are.

75% of players not being able to attain TEK out of SOLO is a very generous percentage. I would say realistically it's close to 80% of regular players and 95% of solo players.

Got a job? then you can't stay up for days raising virtual tamagotchis to take on a boss.

Got a family? See above

Play Solo? see above

It goes on and on.

Go and check how much rep my post got on the first page of the TEK trough thread, that pretty much sums up how pointless, useless and unattainable more TEK garbage is and how much people AGREE . Hell, where's the 'Industrial' trough?

I'd be ok with Tek trough if it had extra features over normal troughs instead of just refridgeration, which is clearly should be a simple industrial technology.  

The Tek trough should have settings to specify what dinos are allowed to eat from it.  Set it to only babies, or a setting something like the tame groups so I can put all my baryonyx and pelagornis to eat from it but finally block all my red meat eating dinos from stealing their fish!  A range upgrade would be nice too.

Archived