Raft exploit fixed

Muppetman75

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/11/2017 at 1:39 AM, Jostabeere said:

You should really do some research if you try to insult me. In the last days I critizised the devs multiple times for their decisions. But I do it after logically thinking about their reasoning behind it and the actions they've taken. If it's just a stupid decision to cripple the gameplay, I say it. If it's a fix to a system that isn't intended to be used, I say it.

You on the other hand seem to be simple. You dislike the devs for fixing mechanics you've probably abused in the past, and you insult people who rationally treat it as an exploit.

The biggest thing I believe is at play here are people with two radically different experiences with raft building. If most of what you're running into is glitch-exploiting PvP bad behavior Then I totally understand that attitude towards boat building. 

On the other hand, builds like this aren't exploiting collision mechanics to get a leg up on PvP, they're mostly just cool displays of creativity, mobile bases, etc.

This is the kind of build a lot of people in this thread wish they could still make, something that while it looks really nice, doesn't really harm PvP players to any degree. A boat like that looks really impressive but it's really only a decorative build. Basically, there must be some means of fixing raft construction to keep both sides happy, the best change being to improve collision detection.

As an additional comment, I've gotten the new command to work in my single player game, but it's not working on my unofficial server. Has anyone gotten it to work properly on their's? 

3 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

@RhedosaurusI did not say anything about the big raft builds people do for fun. This topic started because WC fixed an exploit where people sunk foundations into places they should not be. Not that WC want's to force you not to build great pretty ships.

You can still sink foundations into boats.

On 7/10/2017 at 3:26 PM, Rintrahhh said:

I don't see why building under the boat was an exploit, however I only play single player and built a nice trap cage under mine. I don't know what players were doing with their under raft builds online though. 

When I was playing on official pvp I'd see boats with just metal foundations lowered into the raft parked along the shore. They would take the rafts and use the detachable foundation exploit to place foundations forward and underneath the raft. You could then set up fabricators, generators, smithy's, vaults, fridges on the foundations and just shove them into the map. That and the raft design that could render a Leed unable to harm your raft probably were the tipping points for the patch.

It's not about how you want to play the game it's about how the developers want the game played.

They are the Alpha tribe and gear the game towards how they want it played.

Loved Rafts and how you could use them.  But whales and the fix make them pretty pointless.

The balance between what the developers want and player base wants will make or break this game.

19 minutes ago, TiashiCi88 said:

When I was playing on official pvp I'd see boats with just metal foundations lowered into the raft parked along the shore. They would take the rafts and use the detachable foundation exploit to place foundations forward and underneath the raft. You could then set up fabricators, generators, smithy's, vaults, fridges on the foundations and just shove them into the map. That and the raft design that could render a Leed unable to harm your raft probably were the tipping points for the patch.

Ohhh, holy crap!! Now I understand

17 minutes ago, FITH said:

It's not about how you want to play the game it's about how the developers want the game played.

They are the Alpha tribe and gear the game towards how they want it played.

Loved Rafts and how you could use them.  But whales and the fix make them pretty pointless.

The balance between what the developers want and player base wants will make or break this game.

I think it will break the game. They make changes with the excuse never intended but they still had it for a very long time in the game. If it was really not intended then it would be fixed shortly after it was in game.  

Mostly the do not fix the real problem but just use a huge nerf everything hamer. Ptera speed and pickup and quatz farming where problems. Bam nerf all flyers.  Raft hide things beneat maps. Bam nerf all raft building. Baby dinos eat to much bug. Bam all dinos eat much offline now.The could have just nerfed the problem flyers and make a better collision detection for raft. Baby dino needed a code rework. 

The real lazy in those part of code rework and come with the never intended excuses for the big nerf hamer. 

But duping is oke.......

5 hours ago, Jostabeere said:

@RhedosaurusI did not say anything about the big raft builds people do for fun. This topic started because WC fixed an exploit where people sunk foundations into places they should not be. Not that WC want's to force you not to build great pretty ships.

Most of the builds require extending beyond the 3x3 of the base raft, only sinking the foundations is not the only concern. With the sample video, that's pretty evident. The foundations clearly extend further in front and behind.

The point, building in this game is supposed to be fun. It's a big ol' sandbox to play with and this just cut down a really fun area of the game for more low key players.

On 7/8/2017 at 8:44 PM, Volcano637 said:

Well if you are talking about the Leeds then I believe they brought them in to start destroying all of the war rafts people made which was a good idea.

as far as the building goes, I think they made a mistake and they just finally got around to fixing it

What they did was saw players being eventive and then seen how well the creations worked. Not all the raft builds where a problem. So many that i built where for role playing. They killed a big part of the game for a large part of the players.

10 hours ago, IamTANK said:

still no word from wc if not extending front to back and side to side was intentional?

I'm guessing they saw that people were pissed and brought them back.  Boats have never been a huge problem, and were just cool.  Those who don't think boats are easy to destroy are just not paying attention.  Even xxOneWingxx says in one of his videos don't get too attached to your boats as people may destroy them at some point...

2 hours ago, Shoosty said:

Jeremy posted on Twitter that they're reverting the changes in the next patch.

2 hours ago, Melcreif said:

I'm guessing they saw that people were pissed and brought them back.  Boats have never been a huge problem, and were just cool.  Those who don't think boats are easy to destroy are just not paying attention.  Even xxOneWingxx says in one of his videos don't get too attached to your boats as people may destroy them at some point...

i saw it . im pretty happy with the decision 

Fixing boat building is good. I watch a lot of xxOneWingxx videos and there were many cool ideas I got from him. However, as he points out, things like the bangalore boat needed to be patched. I don't play on a pvp server anymore due to goofing around with friends on a private modded server now but that boat was the epitome of exploit bullpoop.

Archived