Raft exploit fixed

Muppetman75

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, DCxHanxSolox5745 said:

Was Nerfing the raft on purpose on not being to build extended out or was a mistake in code and trying to do something else 

No idea.  I'm hoping it was a mistake and they'll look at fixing it. I assumed from the patch note that they were trying to prevent the stacking of foundations, but this has prevented extending them.

It's pretty crappy as it currently is (for building nice boats that is), so we can only hope.

M.

On 7/4/2017 at 6:38 AM, Volcano637 said:

And I see where you are coming from as well, but not as far as removing them. That's why they are available to make at level 15. Lower level players "need" those things to get around the map. Not everybody has a flyer to just go everywhere they want. The raft isn't meant for high level people to build war boats. It is meant for lower levels to travel and get around. That is the purpose of the raft. Look at it that way and then decide if they should really be removed.

With this logic I'd have 2 questions.  First, why allow 88 pieces on a boat if you aren't meant to use them all?  2nd why extend that limit an additional 50 pieces for the motor boat if you plan on making it a tiny raft?  No my hope is that they attempted to fix the adding pieces into the depths of the ocean and just screwed it up and a patch is now forthcoming...

People, I am confused what are you talking about...

I built motorboat with sunken foundations and extending base area by glueing foundation under temporary thatch ceilings. It worked.

I play singleplayer, without any mods, with Disable structure placement collision=on and Allow multiple platform floor=off. To be sure that no silent update came after my motorboat job I tried it a minute ago and it still works...

2 minutes ago, Graviphoton said:

I built motorboat with sunken foundations and extending base area by glueing foundation under temporary thatch ceilings. It worked.

I play singleplayer, without any mods, with Disable structure placement collision=on and Allow multiple platform floor=off. To be sure that no silent update came after my motorboat job I tried it a minute ago and it still works...

Disabling structure collision may impact it, but view xonewingx's video that I posted on page three to see the impact on xbox.

M.

2 hours ago, Graviphoton said:

TBH I haven't yet tried this on official since I don't play much official anymore but I'd be curious to try it myself.  I'm also just going by what xOneWingx is saying since this is what he does for a living...

Really sick of having to find mods to fix things the devs have either screwed up or made stupid decisions about.

But... anyone know of a fix mod for this?

Please devs, if you are going to do things that drastically nerf the way people want to play AT LEAST GIVE US AN OPTION TO UNDO YOUR BAD DECISIONS ON PRIVATE SERVERS. That way people can play how they like and maybe your reviews on Steam wont be down at the "Mixed" level.

Why fix something that takes away from our love of the game? Why over nerf rafts and motor boats, and make the 40 and 90 peace build counts pointless? They added a raft killing dino and made it so they take direct damage from all other sources. So why even let us build on them period?

So who would like to see these changes removed or see a new feture such as extentions for snaping to the boats or rafts to extend them and make it count towards the build limit.

18 minutes ago, Epears01 said:

Why fix something that takes away from our love of the game? Why over nerf rafts and motor boats, and make the 40 and 90 peace build counts pointless? They added a raft killing dino and made it so they take direct damage from all other sources. So why even let us build on them period?

So who would like to see these changes removed or see a new feture such as extentions for snaping to the boats or rafts to extend them and make it count towards the build limit.

I had kind of explained it to the other guy in the other thread. Rafts are available at lvl 15. It's main purpose is for little low lvl guys to get around the island without have to run through the jungle and get killed by a trex. 

Thats why they have it available at lvl 15. It wasn't meant to be turned into big war boats. Just a mode of transportation and maybe a little hit for the little guy.

I disagree. Naval warfare is another part of the games players need to consider. 

One of the things I miss the most about the rafts was being able to transport massive amounts of materials across the map in vaults. and the whale is overpowered. It should have to break through to the core of the raft before damaging it. First, they nerf the Flyers and now sea transport. one of the reasons I stopped playing wow was because of the constant "rebalancing" mad it very aggravating to play the game. Seem this one is heading now the same road.  

2 hours ago, Volcano637 said:

I had kind of explained it to the other guy in the other thread. Rafts are available at lvl 15. It's main purpose is for little low lvl guys to get around the island without have to run through the jungle and get killed by a trex. 

Thats why they have it available at lvl 15. It wasn't meant to be turned into big war boats. Just a mode of transportation and maybe a little hit for the little guy.

Then why allow so many build slots? If it is only ment for little guys to be fish food? Why add a motor boat when the tribes that have them don't even need them? 

38 minutes ago, Epears01 said:

Then why allow so many build slots? If it is only ment for little guys to be fish food? Why add a motor boat when the tribes that have them don't even need them? 

Well if you are talking about the Leeds then I believe they brought them in to start destroying all of the war rafts people made which was a good idea.

as far as the building goes, I think they made a mistake and they just finally got around to fixing it

On 7/2/2017 at 0:02 AM, Jostabeere said:

You'll always gonna see rants of exploiters when their shady stuff gets fixed.

It was never supposed to build beneath a raft.

literally no one considered this an exploit but ok.

rafts were probably the most fun things to build in the game. now they are greatly restricted and pretty much every known raft build is unusable. it's sad that "devs can do nothing wrong" fanboys will defend this.  

15 hours ago, usrevenge said:

literally no one considered this an exploit but ok.

rafts were probably the most fun things to build in the game. now they are greatly restricted and pretty much every known raft build is unusable. it's sad that "devs can do nothing wrong" fanboys will defend this.  

That's your opinion. I considered it an exploit, and people here in this thread did the same.

22 hours ago, Jostabeere said:

That's your opinion. I considered it an exploit, and people here in this thread did the same.

agreed, building under the boat was an exploit but expanding the size of the boat on water was not. To me this is the crime that's been committed with keeping boats from being able to be made into cool and useful vessels vs these little square tall things they can be now...

7 hours ago, Khan2142 said:

I see you in every thread sucking off the devs

You should really do some research if you try to insult me. In the last days I critizised the devs multiple times for their decisions. But I do it after logically thinking about their reasoning behind it and the actions they've taken. If it's just a stupid decision to cripple the gameplay, I say it. If it's a fix to a system that isn't intended to be used, I say it.

You on the other hand seem to be simple. You dislike the devs for fixing mechanics you've probably abused in the past, and you insult people who rationally treat it as an exploit.

Archived