Raft exploit fixed

Muppetman75

2 minutes ago, Muppetman75 said:

I've pleaded even begged, they won't even engage. We are so small in number we can easily be ignored and that's exactly what's happening.

they don't need telling that floating foundations are bad they have worked that out for themselves. In order to get nice big creative rafts that don't break the game they are going to have to rework the whole raft concept. Its far easier for them to just flick the off switch.

I get that feeling mate, I do.  All we can do is make our points as civilly as we can, and hopefully they see it and understand it. 

They may choose to do nothing about it, that's their prerogative, but I don't think we're being ignored.  They added the unofficial host option, so they obviously thought that we wouldn't like it, but rather than just driving raft builders to unofficial only, we can hope they think a bit more about how they can improve rafts in the game whilst protecting performance and preventing exploits.

M.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Mork said:

I'm actually miffed for players that aren't me bud.  Specifically console and official server players

I play unofficial with great admins and are part of the modding community that has plenty of solutions for this issue.

It's a legitimate part of the game that so many players enjoyed, and WC need feedback before release, and personally I think this change is poorly thought out and removes an appealing aspect of the game.

Hence the feedback.

M.

Don't get me wrong although by my previous post you could.

I actually like and are in awe of some of the raft design's but quitting because of one thing is stupid especially if your on pc.

2 hours ago, SatansPegasus said:

Don't get me wrong although by my previous post you could.

I actually like and are in awe of some of the raft design's but quitting because of one thing is stupid especially if your on pc.

Oh OK, if you were referring to earlier more angry 'I'm quitting you suck' posts, then yeah I get ya.

I only play unofficial on PC, so this won't impact my enjoyment much, but I actually want the game to be successful and I think this change is to its detriment.  Not terminal mind you, but still...

M

6 hours ago, Mork said:

Oh OK, if you were referring to earlier more angry 'I'm quitting you suck' posts, then yeah I get ya.

I only play unofficial on PC, so this won't impact my enjoyment much, but I actually want the game to be successful and I think this change is to its detriment.  Not terminal mind you, but still...

M

i only play single player with boosted everything which makes the game boring at times but i gotta say between dying or force taming a creature i don't know how to tame im gonna force it an lately all i do is just build i'll tame or force tame creatures that i need but on the whole i just build, build build i would love to play on a server again but i've had to many betrayals that trusting people in tribes is very rare trusting solo players is even rarer.

Even more so if i see players on rafts my experience with raft players is pretty much the same as with tribes both of which i want to stay clear off and the sad part is i got ark when my friends where playing it so we had a tribe of about 7 but now it's just me.

Building cool boats has been one of the most fun things to do in Ark since the beginning.  I've always looked forward to the newest OneWing videos to see what he's come up with next so I can work on a cool new useful boat for my fleet.  Now WC has eliminated the ability to extend rafts beyond the standard 3x3 foundation capacity.  Why would they do that???  It's not like it was an exploit that needed to be fixed, rather it was a pointless nerf that basically made it impossible to make these amazing useful boats many of us have become accustomed to building.  For me one of the things I really looked forward to was the latest great build one of the Youtubers like OneWing would come up with and then get to work building one for myself.  Now these days are gone!  Can someone also tell me why did they even bother creating the power boat, even giving it the ability to add an extra 50 pieces to it if they were just going to make it a pile of junk anyways?  I'm bummed and hope enough people complain to WC so they will remove these barriers they have added to boat building, and make them great again!

4 hours ago, Melcreif said:

Building cool boats has been one of the most fun things to do in Ark since the beginning.  I've always looked forward to the newest OneWing videos to see what he's come up with next so I can work on a cool new useful boat for my fleet.  Now WC has eliminated the ability to extend rafts beyond the standard 3x3 foundation capacity.  Why would they do that???  It's not like it was an exploit that needed to be fixed, rather it was a pointless nerf that basically made it impossible to make these amazing useful boats many of us have become accustomed to building.  For me one of the things I really looked forward to was the latest great build one of the Youtubers like OneWing would come up with and then get to work building one for myself.  Now these days are gone!  Can someone also tell me why did they even bother creating the power boat, even giving it the ability to add an extra 50 pieces to it if they were just going to make it a pile of junk anyways?  I'm bummed and hope enough people complain to WC so they will remove these barriers they have added to boat building, and make them great again!

If youre unofficial or single player you can fix it with a box check :)

So just a cpl questions, does this mean the raft exploits are now a thing of the past? Will players still be able to glitch into my rafts?

Also why is the targeting not working on plant species placed on a raft? 

I play on primitive+ and primitive mostly so plant species not being able to target All is a big deal. But if people can't glitch into the rafts anymore that's a big step forward. 

1 hour ago, Sphere said:

Would be great if there was an official boat extension structure, that works to please everybody, but also counter against the pvp exploits by being an official building. Would need to be done on a base boat with no structures, to allow the model to be changed.

I'm sure that would be great, but how is the ability to extend a raft with foundations longer than the now current 3x3 model a PVP exploit exactly?

11 minutes ago, ArkRage said:

Does this apply for the speedboat too? Not had the chaace to build one yet, but was looking forward to it. Sniff :(

Yep so now the speedboat isn't really worth building, way too expensive.  Plus they added the ability to add 50 more pieces to the speedboat and for what?  So it can be a mobile tower???

Don't matter anyway since they have introduced the Leedsichthys. It is gonna destroy it anyway. No need to build a boat and try to go anywhere with it other than rivers. We have spent alot of time and resources making a naval fleet just to have them destroyed by this dumb thing. There is no need in making boats or traversing the seas as you cant out run it.

11 minutes ago, JaHakk said:

Don't matter anyway since they have introduced the Leedsichthys. It is gonna destroy it anyway. No need to build a boat and try to go anywhere with it other than rivers. We have spent alot of time and resources making a naval fleet just to have them destroyed by this dumb thing. There is no need in making boats or traversing the seas as you cant out run it.

actually this isn't really true at all. Putting species X on your boats slows the Leeds down so much that you won't have any problems outrunning them.  Especially in the motor boat which is significantly faster than the standard raft...

2 hours ago, Saelstrom said:

So just a cpl questions, does this mean the raft exploits are now a thing of the past? Will players still be able to glitch into my rafts?

I play on primitive+ and primitive mostly so plant species not being able to target All is a big deal. But if people can't glitch into the rafts anymore that's a big step forward. 

Anyone have any ideas on this? Kind of got missed I think.

2 hours ago, Saelstrom said:

No way to know the answer to the first question without actually trying it.  I didn't realize this was still an issue though.  As far as the Species X and if this is a glitch you've been experiencing best to open a ticket.

Is it also true that we can no longer build second floors on them? I have a taming raft with a one wall high crafting room and then a taming cage on top... wondering if that gets damaged if its gone for good? 

Really sad to see that after the hardship of adding Leeds that ate rafts they severely limited their use... Probably should remove them from the game and give us a canoe or something :/  

56 minutes ago, Rhedosaurus said:

I'm testing in in single player and that option either isn't working properly entirely or isn't applying to rafts. So, that sucks.

Yeah it has been like this since the patch and I don't know how to submit a ticket.

I tested to see if they still shoot by going out naked on a raft and letting someone else's plant x fire at me which they did.

However, I don't know what they had the turret settings placed. They default to players and tamed creatures only and medium distance after maturing. That doesn't help against leedsycthy defense though as I need to change targeting to All on at least the plants on the back of my rafts. 

I am kind of a raft dude... Always have a pretty sweet fleet of them but they are parked and gaining dust because I have no leedsycthy defense ATM. (Again I play primitive+ and primitive mostly)

Archived