Raft exploit fixed

Muppetman75

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was talking about extending the raft, it's in the patch notes, they have stopped it. Because they like to kick the solo player hard. 

Never mind the fact all the big tribes have pillared all the drops, let's forget the fact that all the caves have mini guns outside them, all the metal is gone and they petrol the beaches with 300+ Rex's...no that's fine.

but for gods sake do Not let the little man have a nice boat, even tho they run the risk of having it blown to bits on a daily basis, just make sure he is having absolutely no fun at all... 

4 hours ago, Muppetman75 said:

I was talking about extending the raft, it's in the patch notes, they have stopped it. Because they like to kick the solo player hard. 

Never mind the fact all the big tribes have pillared all the drops, let's forget the fact that all the caves have mini guns outside them, all the metal is gone and they petrol the beaches with 300+ Rex's...no that's fine.

but for gods sake do Not let the little man have a nice boat, even tho they run the risk of having it blown to bits on a daily basis, just make sure he is having absolutely no fun at all... 

The sad thing is the problem is fixing the rafts. The problem is everything you talked about. They are the ones ruining your fun.

3 hours ago, ugoat said:

One of the few things that were actually fun to build in the game.... gone. You are now stuck with the 3x3 box, I know they don't play their own game but damn as if boats were some overpowered machine that had to be nerfed.

Oh they play, on a private server. But yes youre right. Raft fights are over.

8 minutes ago, Smash said:

What's the issue?  Can you not build past the rafts extremities anymore?

This is from the Patch notes

- Prevented multiple floors from being built underneath rafts and platform saddles.

I guess they can't be extended either with the thatch/foundation/pillar methods either, though I'm not sure. Someone posted that they were able to by standing sideways or something like that, not sure.

6 hours ago, Muppetman75 said:

I don't think they can design a game where you never wipe the servers and this doesn't happen.  Personally I'd just play unofficial but that's just me.

This is why games like Rend look like the future to me.  They basically mimic the 1-3 month lifecycle of inofficial Ark servers which don't get atrophied like officials.

I HATE this as a solo player, I won't lie, but I feel like this was probably a decision based on A. not finding another way around certain known exploits and B. performance, I can't imagine a bunch of folks moving around maxed out rafts with pieces all clipping into each other is easy on the server.

Still to me this is a major disappointment. I'm not sure if this also means foundations can't be lowered into rafts, but if so it makes rafts functionally pretty useless in PvP, just too easy to destroy.

Archived