Must ascend to gamma

Shayne1973

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Shrekasaurus

If they want players to have a goal/drive for progression then they need to give people a reason to want to. It does not seem (to me at least and alas I am but one voice) that progression from bosses to ascension is worth it a the moment given that ascension is not completed yet and you lose more than you gain from doing it. Also doing the bosses by your self or even with a (tethered) friend is not the most fun thing in the world to do. I think if they would have wanted singleplayer fans to want to progress they would have at least waited for a time when boss balancing and ascension were in a finished and polished state.

2 hours ago, twitchy1992 said:

@Shrekasaurus

If they want players to have a goal/drive for progression then they need to give people a reason to want to. It does not seem (to me at least and alas I am but one voice) that progression from bosses to ascension is worth it a the moment given that ascension is not completed yet and you lose more than you gain from doing it. Also doing the bosses by your self or even with a (tethered) friend is not the most fun thing in the world to do. I think if they would have wanted singleplayer fans to want to progress they would have at least waited for a time when boss balancing and ascension were in a finished and polished state.

I agree with that. I think once Ascension is complete, and SP bosses are balanced, it'll be easier to get motivated to progress. I should've said I agree with the idea, but I also agree that there are things to be fixed that'll make the whole experience better. :)

4 hours ago, Zederia said:

except CURRENT players with survivors on the center should have been able to continue. without needing to roll island first

I think they added a command, in case you wanna skip the progression (can't remember what it is). That is a good point, and hopefully, it's not too complicated for players to just skip the progress if that's what they wish.

On 7/1/2017 at 7:11 PM, SlimJammies said:

that's awesome but i dont know what this tek cave is :( and no the cheat does not work.. so i have to go run around a map i was exploring normally and find a cave that i have no clue where it is .. so i can go play the game i was happily playing since the launch of xbox .. 

anyhow i give up .. hopefully they patch this.. going to do something else now.. not gonna spend all day figuring out a work around for their cheat code work around :(

On 7/1/2017 at 7:19 PM, Zederia said:

use cheat "playercommand ascend1" on an island map. also, the tek cave is on the volcano, this was well-stated in crunches and such. you can also watch youtube videos from several people when new things come out, they get detailed quickly

10 hours ago, m4Marci said:

I tried the command, and it didn't work for me, so instead I ran the cave and ascended to level 105 on the island, yet still the center is blocked out for me.

Reset my game, played several extra hours on the island to give it time to register my new level, respawned, ran the cave again even... nothing worked.

I don't get why they even added this in the first place /:

9 hours ago, zenjack said:

They need to simply unlock it.  Why make this a requirement for single player?  My wife and I have spent months ofnthe Center.   We enjoy playing and collecting dinos and have zero desire to ascend.  I know there's supposedly a cheat, but still. Why is it even a thing!?

All you have to do is select the centre on the host screen, and press start on the controller, no cheats needed.  Isn't exactly a fix but it gets you back onto the map.

Honestly @Shrekasaurus I would love for a reason/motivation to do bosses and such on single player but I don't think locking a previously free map that everyone has been able to play since the game came out on their respective consoles. In my opinion beating the ascension should yield some reward like a new map or if not a new map some kind of craft able engram that say, "hey look at me I am the Scion of all that is top of the food chain". But if they wanted to go the unlock able map way I don't think they should use a map that is made by a moder for the simple reason that it creates a disparity between pc and consoles for no reason seeing as on pc they couldn't really stop anyone from using a mod.

16 hours ago, YUSHOETMI said:

You don't have to use any commands. Just highlight the centre on the host screen and press start on the controller, loads it up straight away. Found it out by accident about 10 minutes ago

THANK YOU

when the tek cave just came out I cheated through the cave to see it and get some cool screenshots. But even though I did the cave I still couldn't load the center. However this suggestion worked and I still have all my dinos (I play on Xbox btw).

I really don't know why WC did this, it just makes no sense to suddenly lock an entire map for no reason. I also don't know why they disabled single player cheating.

15 minutes ago, TheSnives said:

THANK YOU

when the tek cave just came out I cheated through the cave to see it and get some cool screenshots. But even though I did the cave I still couldn't load the center. However this suggestion worked and I still have all my dinos (I play on Xbox btw).

I really don't know why WC did this, it just makes no sense to suddenly lock an entire map for no reason. I also don't know why they disabled single player cheating.

Your'e welcome, I found it out by mistake earlier when I was messing around trying to find a way into the map.  

18 hours ago, Shrekasaurus said:

They did it on Single Player to encourage progression. I feel there's nothing wrong with that.

Thanks, I was curious as well and here's a thread about this.  In that context, as much as I dislike it personally, it does make a bit more sense.  Wish they would have just said it from the start rather than make it look like some random decision to make it harder for us folks in single player that already play on the other maps.

Ok ,i'm aware of the process to unlock the center but this would ruin me and my wifes game she plays on the island and is quite content with her progress and is lvl 73 also in no hurry or even in any way ready for bosses, i however play on the center with a lvl of 96 with considerable progress ,we dont use commands or cheats , and now i can't play at all ,now you see my issue with this current update ,so i think they seriously dont care that i own this on pc and have over 6k hours and nearly half that on console , even pre ordered for the ps4 just to get the limited items but dont get the skins unless i buy the game again for the platform which i already have brought the game for , seriouly i'd swear and use some foul language here but thats a clear no no , devs love your game hope to see you make the right and clearminded choices soon.

On 02/07/2017 at 8:31 PM, Kurbbie said:

Google works wonders.

AWesome gamer trolls do not understand that not everyone who plays games googles things and watches hundreds of hours of youtube videos.   There is a large portion of gamers that launch a game and start to play it and play it without reading the internet and watching youtube for "work arounds", "cheat codes" and "hints" on how to discover something.. so this is just rude and you may not want to hear this but your in a minority here not the rest of us who keep off forums.  They have a product if they change something its only common courtesy to give people the correct information.   As for using a game cheat to bypass content I kinda wanted to do the "regular way".    

No thanks.. I had left that map half done to explore at my leisure for fun I have obliged you with this guys rant..  just to humour you here is a video about this mess.   Now i say goodbye to this horrid forum of trolls again who do not understand the concept of people who buy games to play them not spend hours upon hours on google and youtube learning some wierdo cheats and workarounds... 

On 7/2/2017 at 10:55 PM, Zederia said:

except CURRENT players with survivors on the center should have been able to continue. without needing to roll island first

The center is not some great prize. And you want to talk profession we already had it and it was released as free dlc mod.  So no we shouldn't have to unlock it.  And it takes forever to do it legit on single player.  What they need to do is fix all the problems they have now and new ones.  Instead of piss in of the people who have already been here with their game for a long time.   They have many issues to worry about before release. 

11 hours ago, twitchy1992 said:

Yep and. Not to mention that all the other maps in the sponsored mods program are going to be treated the same way...so unless they make ascension worth going through or revert their decision I don't see many single player users being able to do jack-diddly squat without using a cheat.

I guess I dont understand this decision at all to lock out single players .. its quite illogical.   I play on xbox because of friends who dont want to play it on pc they prefer the xbox setup.   I switched awhile back although i from time to time play pc.  I was waiting for the release of remotely hosted servers although the person I often play with is in a completely different time zone we thought it would be fun to be on the same map maybe once in a blue moon team up for stuff but at the same time play like single player and make our little bases on the map most of the time.     If I start this server I can load on any mod I want and not have to jump through hoops to get to it.  

However if we decide to not open a server (which is unlikely) we need to type in a bunch of codes and whatnot or proceed at a preprogrammed pace on what has up to now been a sandbox game .. so why all of a sudden is the singleplayer being "unsandboxed"?  

Everyone else gets to play whatever map they want only singleplayers are going to be put on some sort of preprogrammed path for these mods.  Its kinda wierd.  Its not logical and makes no sense in the context of the rest of the game.  

so please wildcard reverse this nonsensical irrational decision or make everyone do it .. lets be fair here.. make everyone do it.... why only torture singleplayers ?  

Just thought I'd put this up as it might help some ppl on Xbox. 

I did the cheat on the Island and the Centre was still locked (and still is) but if I hit Start while the Centre is hi-lighted then it works fine. 

Hope this helps some of you. 

And yes, other than the flyer nerf, this is the dumbest thing ever done to single player mode. Literally makes no sense to block something we've all been playing for ages. 

This is honestly stupid, I live for single player mode as I don't like the competition with other players and such and I just do better on my own for the most part. It takes out the entire fun to tell us that we need to do this to enjoy the game we've already paid for, especially on a map we've already been playing on for months! Where do we send in our complaint so they hopefully fix it next path update?? If they are going to do that honestly you should just make people pay for the dlc i don't bother with the bosses because I'm busy building and having fun exploring the maps and taming  / breeding

13 hours ago, SlimJammies said:

AWesome gamer trolls do not understand that not everyone who plays games googles things and watches hundreds of hours of youtube videos.   There is a large portion of gamers that launch a game and start to play it and play it without reading the internet and watching youtube for "work arounds", "cheat codes" and "hints" on how to discover something.. so this is just rude and you may not want to hear this but your in a minority here not the rest of us who keep off forums.  They have a product if they change something its only common courtesy to give people the correct information.   As for using a game cheat to bypass content I kinda wanted to do the "regular way".    

No thanks.. I had left that map half done to explore at my leisure for fun I have obliged you with this guys rant..  just to humour you here is a video about this mess.   Now i say goodbye to this horrid forum of trolls again who do not understand the concept of people who buy games to play them not spend hours upon hours on google and youtube learning some wierdo cheats and workarounds... 

You called me a troll because i said use google? I actually provided lots of help here in his thread but you didnt read it obviously.

People like you dont understand how easy it is to google something.

Takes 5 seconds and is a hell of alot easier than coming to a forum and waiting for days to get an answer to something instantly.

Im not in a minority, anyone with a brain will google something they wanna know. Youre telling me you didnt use google to get kibbls recipies, crate locations, proper breeding methods? Yea therea actually an app for that.

Got anything to contribute or you just gonna post videos? Videos are supposed to be in the video section, youve provided nothing to his thread.

12 hours ago, Darkprince388 said:

The center is not some great prize. And you want to talk profession we already had it and it was released as free dlc mod.  So no we shouldn't have to unlock it.  And it takes forever to do it legit on single player.  What they need to do is fix all the problems they have now and new ones.  Instead of piss in of the people who have already been here with their game for a long time.   They have many issues to worry about before release. 

I hope they wipe everything.

1 hour ago, Kurbbie said:

You called me a troll because i said use google? I actually provided lots of help here in his thread but you didnt read it obviously.

People like you don't understand how easy it is to google something.

Takes 5 seconds and is a hell of alot easier than coming to a forum and waiting for days to get an answer to something instantly.

Im not in a minority, anyone with a brain will google something they wanna know. Youre telling me you didnt use google to get kibbls recipies, crate locations, proper breeding methods? Yea therea actually an app for that.

Got anything to contribute or you just gonna post videos? Videos are supposed to be in the video section, youve provided nothing to his thread.

You provide even less, just telling people to "go google it" people come HERE for answers, not to get sent out to find them elsewhere. This FORUM is for ASSISTING each other, not attacking each other

Archived