Must ascend to gamma

Shayne1973

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, arkark said:

Ok its not a bug, so it is intended. Then, show me the line in the patch notes were they say they have increased the requirements for the center single player.

If you would like to play The Center map without advancing through The Island, launch the Island and then open the command menu. Type in cheat playercommand Ascend1. Once finished you'll be able to load The Center as normal.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Snowesome said:

On PC I can still play the center on SP. That was a bad idea. 

Btw, Ive been playing for 1 year and I only play SP. Official servers are stupid, it takes to long to do everything. They think this game must be played full time. I only have 2-4h to play every day.

2-4 hours is plenty of time to build a 2 room with a bed, smithy, forge etc. Then build you a quick fabby. 

Anyone who thinks dinos are required to progress are completely wrong. Ive played officials since day one without gathering tames.

I have mc gear an roll a 2 man tribe no dinos and raid big bases.

Play smart bud, you dont need crutches, i mean dinos.

well this is not working for the xbox path just released .. and since the only game i have ever played on xbox was center single player primitive plus .. this is well inconvenient.. cause basically that is the game i was playing so for the people who can't be polite my 53 year old female single player gamer would like to access this map .. but the instructions in the patch notes for which there is no bug report forum any longer that i can find.. dont work.. so no more ark for me until they fix this.

:(

1 minute ago, SlimJammies said:

well this is not working for the xbox path just released .. and since the only game i have ever played on xbox was center single player primitive plus .. this is well inconvenient.. cause basically that is the game i was playing so for the people who can't be polite my 53 year old female single player gamer would like to access this map .. but the instructions in the patch notes for which there is no bug report forum any longer that i can find.. dont work.. so no more ark for me until they fix this.

:(

You can always use got mode on island with cheats and run the tek cave. And i think there is a cheat you can use to unlock it, im pretty sure someone said that in the thread.

that's awesome but i dont know what this tek cave is :( and no the cheat does not work.. so i have to go run around a map i was exploring normally and find a cave that i have no clue where it is .. so i can go play the game i was happily playing since the launch of xbox .. 

anyhow i give up .. hopefully they patch this.. going to do something else now.. not gonna spend all day figuring out a work around for their cheat code work around :(

5 hours ago, Annoyedarksurvivor said:

Well I am pleased someone created a thread with regards to the centre map however I am still having issues. I got my console commands up on my Xbox and entered ascend1. This did nothing. I went back and tried Ascend2. Still nothing. What am I doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

"playercommand ascend1"  NOT just "ascend1"

7 minutes ago, SlimJammies said:

that's awesome but i dont know what this tek cave is :( and no the cheat does not work.. so i have to go run around a map i was exploring normally and find a cave that i have no clue where it is .. so i can go play the game i was happily playing since the launch of xbox .. 

anyhow i give up .. hopefully they patch this.. going to do something else now.. not gonna spend all day figuring out a work around for their cheat code work around :(

use cheat "playercommand ascend1" on an island map. also, the tek cave is on the volcano, this was well-stated in crunches and such. you can also watch youtube videos from several people when new things come out, they get detailed quickly

40 minutes ago, Shayne1973 said:

I was able to access my center game by highlighting the center and instead of scrolling down and hitting play single player ( which was greyed out anyway) I simply hit the start button on the controller and my game loaded.

Does this let you in again after logging off the map without having to repeat this process?

1 hour ago, Darkprince388 said:

Stop screwing with your consumers.  We play this game and expect you to let us play it.  Comes with the whole I gave you money thing.

The game is also in early Access and we knew from the moment we downloaded it that there could and would be crashes,glitches etc....

Don't get me wrong it's annoying but I can't get too upset because I signed up for it.

I used the commands and had to dashboard and exit dash board back into ark both times and then The Center was unlocked. It looks frozen to hell and back but its really not, face water to confirm as it will still be moving. Just the Menu screen is frozen until you dashboard and back then hit exit to main menu and then back to the island>> download survivor>>respawn>> Ascend 2>> The Center unlocked.

• Volunteer Moderator

General forum is for general conversation, for any platform.   Based on the OP's post, it appears they want to discuss 'why this was done?'; the first sentence ends with "...my question is why.".

There are also forums for Bug Reports and Support for each platform, which is where issue, bugs, and most posts related to help should go.

Finally, if you don't care about something, you don't necessarily need to post about it; it is actually a bit ironic, to put it politely, to take time to make a post saying 'you', 'no one', or 'whatever generic group you pick' does not care about something.

Let's play nicely please.

I tried the command, and it didn't work for me, so instead I ran the cave and ascended to level 105 on the island, yet still the center is blocked out for me.

Reset my game, played several extra hours on the island to give it time to register my new level, respawned, ran the cave again even... nothing worked.

I don't get why they even added this in the first place /:

On 7/1/2017 at 1:11 PM, SlimJammies said:

Google works wonders.

I kinda like the idea, plenty of people have said that they feel there should be some goal or storyline for a single player 'campaign' and WC have after a fashion given one. My question would be why have the Center as the Ascension locked map? Following the storyline as laid down in the Explorer notes and following in the footsteps of Rockwell and Helena, you would have thought it would be Scorched Earth (obviously not going to happen since that's a paid DLC and they'd be dumb to stop people playing it) especially since they've gone out of their way to stress that the Center is a non-canon Ark. There may very well be bigger plans afoot, and certainly they've been at pains lately to flesh out the SP experience.

Archived