Must ascend to gamma

Shayne1973

12 hours ago, Batdazza said:

Just thought I'd put this up as it might help some ppl on Xbox. 

I did the cheat on the Island and the Centre was still locked (and still is) but if I hit Start while the Centre is hi-lighted then it works fine. 

Hope this helps some of you. 

And yes, other than the flyer nerf, this is the dumbest thing ever done to single player mode. Literally makes no sense to block something we've all been playing for ages. 

XB 1 controller doesn't have a start button. Are you referring to the menu button ?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Kurbbie said:

You called me a troll because i said use google? I actually provided lots of help here in his thread but you didnt read it obviously.

People like you dont understand how easy it is to google something.

Takes 5 seconds and is a hell of alot easier than coming to a forum and waiting for days to get an answer to something instantly.

Im not in a minority, anyone with a brain will google something they wanna know. Youre telling me you didnt use google to get kibbls recipies, crate locations, proper breeding methods? Yea therea actually an app for that.

Got anything to contribute or you just gonna post videos? Videos are supposed to be in the video section, youve provided nothing to his thread.

Actually you are not really helping anyone by telling them "hey there is a cool thing called Google where you can help yourself". 

And it is merely people like you who don't understand that the vast majority of gamers expect a product they buy to either work properly or at least explain whatever issues there might be without having their customers rely on EXTERNAL sources. I myself went from hardcore geek/nerd to semi-casual or more an informed casual. I am in a bigger group than the real hardcore nerds/geeks but still hopelessly outnumbered by the "typical / average casual gamer" which present the vast majority of all gamers these days. To those "gathered information" comes from the game and NOT some kind of external source. To those type of players even the official website barely counts as "belongs to the game and is not external source". That is why games like NMS get sold in the millions, people don't want to be relying on external sources.

And the truth is: everything a good game needs to be played has to come from the game itself. Having to rely on external source can make up for flaws of a bad game/concept, but it doesn't make the game better or enhances the so called "consumer experience". Just to make it clear, i don't think ARK is a bad game or concept. Sure some things could be better and some things are in a process of changing and balancing, but overall it is a good game and concept....

Speaking of bad ideas: locking a DLC map (even a free one) behind some ingame achievement and telling that will be the way from now on... that is what i call a bad idea. Especially because it only hits singleplayer, you know... where most of the casuals play the game because there is no other way to enjoy the game with these hardcore persistent mechanics in multiplayer. 

Here is a reality : I am posting in hopes that someone in position of power is reading.  

Unhelpful things like "use the internet" when speaking of an issue of just poor game design (telling someone to cheat to unlock a map hidden behind a wall for no other reason then to cause unecessary hoop jumping in a sandbox game..) in a feedback thread that is populated with xbox and ps4 users is not helpful.... 

Especially when users are being told to use godmode cause the actual cheat command is broken, but I am not posting for advice I dont need it.  When it comes to how I play the game I am able to mash buttons on a keyboard or use a controller just fine ...

...Anyhow where was I..  I was posting to give input to developers and so as I was thinking of it (although this is pretty obvious) since console users use consoles and not the internet to play their games and rely on the community message boards on the console environment to communicate and read their patch notes it would be nice to treat them as console users and place all patch information there especially the info about this one which was not there because of the nature of the patch?  (to lock people out of their game ...) but there was no information none.. so a few of us got on the internet and came to this forum to try to find some.    Its not like xbox users or ps4 users are going to use google .. or a remotely hosted game forum to look for info on their xbox.   The xbox browser system is horrid its laggy and its VERY hard to bring up a website to read it .. 

I guarantee you though that there were a lot of console users who logged in who saw their content locked scratched their heads looked for info on game dev feed .. found none.. and left.. probably with a turse comment on the game review thread on that same console community commenting on suddenly being locked out of their game with no information not a shred from the game developers.    

Although its unusual to find people who dont own a computer these days if you read these forums there are people playing on xbox who are thinking of building a computer so its possible they dont own a computer or have one accessible to check google or the forums while at home or whereever they play their games.. .. So they are stuck with using the xbox browsers to bring up info.. So have a heart and please post patch notes and vital information to the xbox and ps4 community areas that are set up for developers to communicate with their users because that is where those users expect to see the info..   

Anyhow that was what i forgot to say when i posted the other day.. more rambly though because of the way the community interacts here I am being more um verbose then usual.. but yes please post xbox or ps4 info where it will be seen by users who are limited to the console environment.   Well that's that ... if i find anymore bugs i will post in that thread but again it would have been REALLY cool since i was playing the game on xbox to have a way to report them ON XBOX and not have to run to a forum out in the wilds of the internet .. which has absolutely nothing to do with xbox.    

4 hours ago, Arrclyde said:

Actually you are not really helping anyone by telling them "hey there is a cool thing called Google where you can help yourself". 

And it is merely people like you who don't understand that the vast majority of gamers expect a product they buy to either work properly or at least explain whatever issues there might be without having their customers rely on EXTERNAL sources. I myself went from hardcore geek/nerd to semi-casual or more an informed casual. I am in a bigger group than the real hardcore nerds/geeks but still hopelessly outnumbered by the "typical / average casual gamer" which present the vast majority of all gamers these days. To those "gathered information" comes from the game and NOT some kind of external source. To those type of players even the official website barely counts as "belongs to the game and is not external source". That is why games like NMS get sold in the millions, people don't want to be relying on external sources.

Actually if anything he's helping them more by not telling them. Todays youth are too lazy to do anything themselves. Most couldn't even tell you their own countries history. Let alone figure out how to do simple math. Why would they be bothered to spend the time to find the answer themselves to a simple question.

And the truth is: everything a good game needs to be played has to come from the game itself. Having to rely on external source can make up for flaws of a bad game/concept, but it doesn't make the game better or enhances the so called "consumer experience". Just to make it clear, i don't think ARK is a bad game or concept. Sure some things could be better and some things are in a process of changing and balancing, but overall it is a good game and concept....

Because there aren't good games that people use google to find out how to beat a section/boss/or puzzle?

Speaking of bad ideas: locking a DLC map (even a free one) behind some ingame achievement and telling that will be the way from now on... that is what i call a bad idea. Especially because it only hits singleplayer, you know... where most of the casuals play the game because there is no other way to enjoy the game with these hardcore persistent mechanics in multiplayer. 

If they'd used google to see what kind of game ark was before buying it... maybe they'd know that it was designed as a PvP survival game and it might not be their cup of tea.

10 hours ago, SlimJammies said:

Here is a reality : I am posting in hopes that someone in position of power is reading.  

Unhelpful things like "use the internet" when speaking of an issue of just poor game design (telling someone to cheat to unlock a map hidden behind a wall for no other reason then to cause unecessary hoop jumping in a sandbox game..) in a feedback thread that is populated with xbox and ps4 users is not helpful.... 

Especially when users are being told to use godmode cause the actual cheat command is broken, but I am not posting for advice I dont need it.  When it comes to how I play the game I am able to mash buttons on a keyboard or use a controller just fine ...

...Anyhow where was I..  I was posting to give input to developers and so as I was thinking of it (although this is pretty obvious) since console users use consoles and not the internet to play their games and rely on the community message boards on the console environment to communicate and read their patch notes it would be nice to treat them as console users and place all patch information there especially the info about this one which was not there because of the nature of the patch?  (to lock people out of their game ...) but there was no information none.. so a few of us got on the internet and came to this forum to try to find some.    Its not like xbox users or ps4 users are going to use google .. or a remotely hosted game forum to look for info on their xbox.   The xbox browser system is horrid its laggy and its VERY hard to bring up a website to read it .. 

I guarantee you though that there were a lot of console users who logged in who saw their content locked scratched their heads looked for info on game dev feed .. found none.. and left.. probably with a turse comment on the game review thread on that same console community commenting on suddenly being locked out of their game with no information not a shred from the game developers.    

Although its unusual to find people who dont own a computer these days if you read these forums there are people playing on xbox who are thinking of building a computer so its possible they dont own a computer or have one accessible to check google or the forums while at home or whereever they play their games.. .. So they are stuck with using the xbox browsers to bring up info.. So have a heart and please post patch notes and vital information to the xbox and ps4 community areas that are set up for developers to communicate with their users because that is where those users expect to see the info..   

Anyhow that was what i forgot to say when i posted the other day.. more rambly though because of the way the community interacts here I am being more um verbose then usual.. but yes please post xbox or ps4 info where it will be seen by users who are limited to the console environment.   Well that's that ... if i find anymore bugs i will post in that thread but again it would have been REALLY cool since i was playing the game on xbox to have a way to report them ON XBOX and not have to run to a forum out in the wilds of the internet .. which has absolutely nothing to do with xbox.    

Im agreeing about poor game design. But look up the cheat codes is all im saying.

14 hours ago, Kurbbie said:

Im agreeing about poor game design. But look up the cheat codes is all im saying.

Trust me if you have ever seen my play you realize that I know all about cheat codes :P  You would also know that i know about the ark. gamepedia, google, youtube and more its simply the assumption in a feedback thread that the person commenting does not know anything and the condescending tone many posters use that is wierd.  

Hence the "troll" remarks.    That's what it is.  Its intentionally insulting and condescending.     I often pretty much spam video clips on xbox and in every clip you will see my admin panel up with one cheat code or another in it.     Its not relevant to this conversation because that's not what its about this conversation is about the wierd ascend to gamma and the fact that there was no information just a giant lock on the screen forcing people to go on a hunt (like I did ... ) to find out about the lock and to play random wack-a-mole with the wrong code they gave us until I could find the right combo ..... 

Its the assumptions that all players are retarded, cant read or use a keyboard and the deliberately trollish remarks that happen as a result of a basic lack of respect for anyone they dont know.   

If I dont know something .. like say the layout of a map .. thats deliberate .  Just like others who refuse to use cheat codes or others who pvp or pve or whatever.    

I don't see an issue with this change, you can have fun progressing to defeat the bosses and ascend.

If you don't mind a long journey do it with default or slightly boosted multipliers.

You can moderately increase the multipliers for a journey that takes a few days or go all out and ramp up the multipliers and obliterate everything with a godlike raptor or godlike anything even a 1000000 damage character if that's what you like.

Or simply use admin commands for everything from god mode to spawning items and dinos.

Either way it's not a problem you get to control your own journey to ascension.

On 7/1/2017 at 9:35 AM, Cloud24 said:

Lol no one cares about single player.. if you wanna unlock it so bad then go and use your god mode and fly through the cave

Lots of people play single player, and most would rather not have to cheat to play on a map they have played on for months or even a year.  Just because you don't play signle player doesn't mean no on does. your post was pointless, if you don't want to help be quiet.

On 7/1/2017 at 2:05 PM, SlimJammies said:

well this is not working for the xbox path just released .. and since the only game i have ever played on xbox was center single player primitive plus .. this is well inconvenient.. cause basically that is the game i was playing so for the people who can't be polite my 53 year old female single player gamer would like to access this map .. but the instructions in the patch notes for which there is no bug report forum any longer that i can find.. dont work.. so no more ark for me until they fix this.

:(

That's actually the problem.  They are not going to fix the issue of the center being locked.  Because that exactly what they want.  To be a prize....for single players only.  They wouldn't dare lock it for multiplayers because the game would be boycotted.  Because people spend great amounts of their life in it as it does not pause when you leave.  This is not something they should do.  I don't care what some others say about it being able to be unlocked using console commands.  But we want to play just like everyone else.  Now I play on a prim plus official on the center.  Wife and I have been there for almost a year.  They screw that up we no longer have our dinos we raised.  They lock it then they better delete all servers.  And do a complete restart. To give a fair chance to everyone.  And if they want to keep gaining revenue for it.  They should rent private servers their selves. 

On 7/1/2017 at 2:05 PM, SlimJammies said:

well this is not working for the xbox path just released .. and since the only game i have ever played on xbox was center single player primitive plus .. this is well inconvenient.. cause basically that is the game i was playing so for the people who can't be polite my 53 year old female single player gamer would like to access this map .. but the instructions in the patch notes for which there is no bug report forum any longer that i can find.. dont work.. so no more ark for me until they fix this.

:(

To get to the center select it and press start repeatedly if you have to.  Works for me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2017 at 1:22 PM, CrimsonTractor said:

Lots of people play single player, and most would rather not have to cheat to play on a map they have played on for months or even a year.  Just because you don't play signle player doesn't mean no on does. your post was pointless, if you don't want to help be quiet.

As of right now I ONLY CARE ABT SINGLE PLAYER. Official online servers for PvP are truthfully a joke. 

I play on PC so I'm not affected by this. But my sympathy goes out to those in SP who already started out a life on Center, only to need to cheat code to get back in. At least they gave you a (buggy) way to get back in, though still annoying.

I was thinking about it though...the idea to max Ascend to unlock and travel to a different map for a new life is intriguing...but ONLY if it's done a certain way. WC if you are reading this, hear me out...

Locking the Center behind Ascension the way you did it was kinda dumb, since I'm assuming that once you do that, you basically abandon your Island progress to start this new life on the Center. If I am WRONG, then ignore everything pass this. But if I'm RIGHT...

WC, you have a GREAT idea here, but ONLY if you do it a certain way...think about it. Let's say me and my friends start our own dedicated server using the Island map, the only one people default start with, progress, do the bosses, and finally we all ascend to max level. Congrats we just unlocked the Center. But we don't want to abandon our life on the Island...we want to be able to travel between the two WITHOUT the need of another 'server' basically. I wonder if WC can do this...definitely isn't possible for official servers, but for SP and even dedi/non-dedi servers without clusters...wouldn't it be so much nicer if all the game needed to do was take your existing server, backup save your Island data somehow and keep it somewhere safe and just load in new map data for the Center? And keep the ability to go between the two, just you can only have one of them running at once. Feel like doing something on the Island? Go ahead. Feel like making some build progress on your new Center map? Go ahead! Nothing from the Island will be affected.

Something tells me it would be too good to be true if WC managed to do that. The ability to put several 'maps' onto one server but only being able to run one at a time? Am I the only one who wishes this was the true reward for Ascension?

If this was how SP at the very least will run, then at least I'll have quite the goal in SP in my upcoming future. I just wanna be able to start a Center world WITHOUT losing everything on the Island. If this is already possible then do tell because I've not played SP in a while (on PC).

• 2 weeks later...

I tried that ascend2 command , it does nothing and does not unlock center. I go into the center with the method of highlighting center and then pressing the options key. That's all that works. AND , I already did the Tek cave on highest difficulty and ascended , AND I already maxed out my survivor level up to lvl 115 , and I still can not access center. So neither the ascend2 command , nor beating the tek cave and ascending ( even on highest difficulty ) unlocks the center.

Just saw this in the PS4 patch notes .... maybe the process will help other platforms as well.

- If you would like to play The Center map without advancing through The Island ascension, launch the Island and then open the command menu. Type in cheat playercommand Ascend1. Once finished you'll be able to load The Center as normal.

12 hours ago, Aushegun said:

Just saw this in the PS4 patch notes .... maybe the process will help other platforms as well.

- If you would like to play The Center map without advancing through The Island ascension, launch the Island and then open the command menu. Type in cheat playercommand Ascend1. Once finished you'll be able to load The Center as normal.

it was on Xbox ones first..

Also, the command is CaSeSenSiTivE, so be aware of that

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know the cheat command to ascend for xbox one?  My 7 year old daughter (plays single player) is sad because she can't get to her Center world and check her dinos.  I have tried  cheat playercommand Ascend 1  then followed by cheat playercommand Ascend 2 but it did not work.  I read that capital letters are important here.  Please help.  Thank you

11 minutes ago, Fratzfamily said:

Does anyone know the cheat command to ascend for xbox one?  My 7 year old daughter (plays single player) is sad because she can't get to her Center world and check her dinos.  I have tried  cheat playercommand Ascend 1  then followed by cheat playercommand Ascend 2 but it did not work.  I read that capital letters are important here.  Please help.  Thank you

Try without the space? as in Ascend1 etc?

Worst case I'd just give her god mode and let her get it that way.

Archived