Must ascend to gamma

Shayne1973

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator

- Admin command menu now must be activated by pressing LB+RB+X+Y simultaneously on the Pause Menu.
- If you would like to play The Center map without advancing through The Island, launch the Island and then open the command menu. Type in cheat playercommand Ascend1. Once finished you'll be able to load The Center as normal.
- PC Equivalent up to and including v259 and v260 (full notes at the link below):

its in the patch notes. Really I have no idea why they implemented this. You have to ascend to play on a mod map? Really in single player. I don't know what cool aide wc staff has been drinking but it must be some good stuff. Makes no sense at all.

1 hour ago, Captnmorgan said:

- Admin command menu now must be activated by pressing LB+RB+X+Y simultaneously on the Pause Menu.
- If you would like to play The Center map without advancing through The Island, launch the Island and then open the command menu. Type in cheat playercommand Ascend1. Once finished you'll be able to load The Center as normal.
- PC Equivalent up to and including v259 and v260 (full notes at the link below):

its in the patch notes. Really I have no idea why they implemented this. You have to ascend to play on a mod map? Really in single player. I don't know what cool aide wc staff has been drinking but it must be some good stuff. Makes no sense at all.

Huh? I'm on PC, have never bothered with bosses (although I am contemplating starting to breed up rexes) an have never had any issue playing on other maps. I mostly play on a private server but sometimes SP.

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, ZyraSeedling said:

Huh? I'm on PC, have never bothered with bosses (although I am contemplating starting to breed up rexes) an have never had any issue playing on other maps. I mostly play on a private server but sometimes SP.

Don't ask me why they changed it but it's in the patch notes. And it's single player only I think. idk. Won't get update until next week sometime ...on PS4 

So as many of you have noticed the center is now locked behind the shiny metal and glowing light wall that is tek and ascension...my question is why. Why do we have to ascend to play on a map that for a year or so xbox users and for almost half a year ps4 players could play on. Then as it turns out you can just use a cheat anyway to unlock it so what is the purpose of having to ascend? Will ragnorak be like this? And if so I ask again why? Because to me this seems like a very poor decision on wildcard's part. I wonder to what end they hoped to achieve with locking the center down behind their unfinished,unbalanced ascension. What are your thoughts fellow survivors?

To play on the center map you are now required to ascend to gamma level. There is a cheat you can do in single player to unlock it without ascending but it appears to be not working. So the long and short of it is that if you wanted to play on the center you either have to ascend, use a cheat ( which may or may not work), or you have to hope that wildcard reverses this questionable decision.

Just now, Cloud24 said:

Lol no one cares about single player.. if you wanna unlock it so bad then go and use your god mode and fly through the cave

Honestly they should care.

However, xbox players should report that at the xbox bug subforum instead of the general, if the problem only happen to them.

For clarification, PC official allows to join with no ascension requirements.

@FiSh250505 

Wildcard is plenty capable of developing their game. But in my opinion this was a very poor thing they did. I'm sure they have a plan as to why but it doesn't seem fair or right to lock us out now. There is no need to go for a low blow against the studio. We need constructive criticism and ideas not a flame war of " how terrible we think they are" contest.

3 minutes ago, arkark said:

Honestly they should care.

However, xbox players should report that at the xbox bug subforum instead of the general, if the problem only happen to them.

For clarification, PC official allows to join with no ascension requirements.

It's not a bug.  

It's for SINGLE PLAYER only.  Can still join Center servers. 

@Cloud24

Plenty of people care about singleplayer and use it when they don't feel like being on a server with other random players or they might use it to play ark with their child,husband/wife, or a friend. And some of us like to play the game without using cheats like God mode. If you don't care about single player then that's your business. but that doesn't mean that it should neglected. I don't see why you even bothered to post here. 

2 minutes ago, arkark said:

Ok its not a bug, so it is intended. Then, show me the line in the patch notes were they say they have increased the requirements for the center single player.

Can't seem to quote it because thread is locked.  But right there in Xbox Patch Notes.

Archived