Saber cat remodel

CeaselessFish

its strange looking at it all they really seemed to do was remove the permanent snarl and touch up the animations a little bit to make them more cat like but it almost seems like a completely different creature now i love it! i just wish sabers weren't irrelevant compared to direwolves and thylacoleos they need some sort of special ability maybe a jump like the kapro that instead of grabbing does a lot of damage and even some bleed. if the TLC patch for all the dinos is of this kind of quality the OG dinos are gonna look damn impressive maybe even give thylacoleo a run for its money.

1 minute ago, Havokpaintedwolf said:

its strange looking at it all they really seemed to do was remove the permanent snarl and touch up the animations a little bit to make them more cat like but it almost seems like a completely different creature now i love it! i just wish sabers weren't irrelevant compared to direwolves and thylacoleos they need some sort of special ability maybe a jump like the kapro that instead of grabbing does a lot of damage and even some bleed. if the TLC patch for all the dinos is of this kind of quality the OG dinos are gonna look damn impressive maybe even give thylacoleo a run for its money.

I THINK the new saber gets more hide etc than the wolf now, although I think it's being disputed a bit on the forum currently. 

2 minutes ago, Havokpaintedwolf said:

They did boost its hide/pelt gathering abilities, and it takes reduced falling damage now. How much, I'm not entirely sure, but it's got to count for something I suppose. A bleed would make sense, but...

1 minute ago, Tristaris said:

They did boost its hide/pelt gathering abilities, and it takes reduced falling damage now. How much, I'm not entirely sure, but it's got to count for something I suppose. A bleed would make sense, but...

the dossier makes it sound like it should be a be a battle mount not just a beaver that can harvest hide and pelt instead of wood when i see a saber i think of them being the front lines of a tribe war basically being the footsoldiers alongside raptors not just a tool you only take out to get hide and pelt... its sad that such a cool and menacing looking beast is basically just a farming tool like the trike.  also on that note raptors kind of suck too they need something to make them stand out against the terror bird which every raptor rider seems to make the switch to at some point. the raptor that likely saved there lives multiple times in the early game now relegated to a base decoration kind of sad. maybe make a jump attack from a raptor able to dismount players from small to medium sized mounts biggest thing they can knock people off of being a carno. wild ones wouldnt have this ability obviously cause that would just get annoying and it would probably have a cooldown to avoid spamming in pvp.

1 hour ago, CeaselessFish said:

Absolutely brilliant. 

Animations are fluid and cat-like.

appearance is much improved. 

All changes are weirdly subtle but also much improved. 

All in all I love it, and hope the TLC pass on other long standing dino's will keep with the quality set by this one. 

did they leave testicles on males? thats the most important question. Poor cats have them cut off from model at some point (and prior to that even female sabers had a pair)...

1 minute ago, DarthaNyan said:

did they leave testicles on males? thats the most important question. Poor cats have them cut off from model at some point (and prior to that even female sabers had a pair)...

yes this is the real question do the cats still have there hairballs!? also female hyenas have false members and testes so females with equipment arent exactly unheard of in the animal kingdom hyena society is also highly matriarchal which tells me in ark female sabers call the shots :)

43 minutes ago, Tristaris said:

What's salmon special thing called? I think sabers should get that too. One with broken bones and slow/stam drain

54 minutes ago, 10,000 Jelly Doughnuts said:

What's salmon special thing called? I think sabers should get that too. One with broken bones and slow/stam drain

1 hour ago, Havokpaintedwolf said:

the dossier makes it sound like it should be a be a battle mount not just a beaver that can harvest hide and pelt instead of wood when i see a saber i think of them being the front lines of a tribe war basically being the footsoldiers alongside raptors not just a tool you only take out to get hide and pelt... its sad that such a cool and menacing looking beast is basically just a farming tool like the trike.  also on that note raptors kind of suck too they need something to make them stand out against the terror bird which every raptor rider seems to make the switch to at some point. the raptor that likely saved there lives multiple times in the early game now relegated to a base decoration kind of sad. maybe make a jump attack from a raptor able to dismount players from small to medium sized mounts biggest thing they can knock people off of being a carno. wild ones wouldnt have this ability obviously cause that would just get annoying and it would probably have a cooldown to avoid spamming in pvp.

Is it just me that thinks that not all 'battle dino's' need a combat based special ability? It's still a good combat mount. Does decent damage. And with the fall damage reduction now too I think it would be really good for scouting. It basically fits the dossier now to a tee. 

3 minutes ago, CeaselessFish said:

Is it just me that thinks that not all 'battle dino's' need a combat based special ability? It's still a good combat mount. Does decent damage. And with the fall damage reduction now too I think it would be really good for scouting. It basically fits the dossier now to a tee. 

you say scouting but nobody really does that from what i see most people take note of where a base they wanna attack is then charge if any scouting is done its usually a quick fly over a couple hours before with a pteranodon people are kind of allergic to proper preparation and strategy on  most pvp servers ive been to.but that was before flyer nerf

Just now, Havokpaintedwolf said:

you say scouting but nobody really does that from what i see most people take note of where a base they wanna attack is then charge if any scouting is done its usually a quick fly over a couple hours before with a pteranodon people are kind of allergic to proper preparation and strategy on  most pvp servers ive been to.but that was before flyer nerf

Yeah flier nerf has made land based ops more viable now which I'm a fan of. Personally I like the idea of a saber scout. Good speed. Good fall damage redux. And can fight it's way out of small to mid level conflicts if it has to. 

2 minutes ago, CeaselessFish said:

Yeah flier nerf has made land based ops more viable now which I'm a fan of. Personally I like the idea of a saber scout. Good speed. Good fall damage redux. And can fight it's way out of small to mid level conflicts if it has to. 

well if we're talking ground scouting now the frog in my opinion outclasses the saber in every way besides damage the frogs alarmingly faster and can basically fly sure it cant fight worth a damn but only reason you would ever get caught is if you choose to. only reason i see for taming a saber over a frog is well the swamp is a chore to do anything in and well having extra hide and pelt and around raptor level damage is kinda nice or you really love cats.

Archived