Macca

Xbox One ARK Not Starting Up ??

Has Anyone else not been about to start up ARK on Xbox one, Mine keep opening up then closing down?  Sometime Please try again appears and says its taken to long to start ? 

I have tried restarting the console, quitting the game and re-launching it. followed Xbox Help. Nothing has work so far? 

Does anyone else know how to fix this issue. Been wanting to play for days.

Cheers 

40 minutes ago, Macca said:

Has Anyone else not been about to start up ARK on Xbox one, Mine keep opening up then closing down?  Sometime Please try again appears and says its taken to long to start ? 

I have tried restarting the console, quitting the game and re-launching it. followed Xbox Help. Nothing has work so far? 

Cheers 

We've had no problems with loading or crashes, but have you tried uninstalling then re-installing the game?

15 hours ago, Macca said:

Cheers 

Delete the reserved space for the game and delete your saves from everywhere for ark. then hard reset your console. This will completely start you over. this will fix the problem, if it is save related.

11 hours ago, LostBytes said:

Delete the reserved space for the game and delete your saves from everywhere for ark. then hard reset your console. This will completely start you over. this will fix the problem, if it is save related.

Hey dude, 

Yes i did try this multiple times even after i reinstalled it. 

There is one thing i notice tho when i try and launch the game. It makes a Weird Ping every time i try to open it. 

I also spoke to customer support for xbox and followed there steps. they say its either the game or my NAT type? 

Thanks for the suggestion 

9 hours ago, Macca said:

Hey dude,

Yes i did try this multiple times even after i reinstalled it.

There is one thing i notice tho when i try and launch the game. It makes a Weird Ping every time i try to open it.

I also spoke to customer support for xbox and followed there steps. they say its either the game or my NAT type?

Thanks for the suggestion

Is your NAT set to open?

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/networking/network-settings

I have the exact same problem. I have been playing for weeks and have come to love the game. Today, it just would not load at all. I will go to the opening loading scene with the raptor and saber and trex. Then it will just pop out to the dashboard about a second or two later. Never anymore. I restarted my console, tried different ways of logging in online or offline and different profiles. When that didn't work, I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and nothing has changed. I am thinking this must be a problem on arks end. Other downloaded games I have will play fine but it will not start ark at all.

Have you managed to find any way of fixing this problem?

36 minutes ago, Wolfgangrams said:

I have the exact same problem. I have been playing for weeks and have come to love the game. Today, it just would not load at all. I will go to the opening loading scene with the raptor and saber and trex. Then it will just pop out to the dashboard about a second or two later. Never anymore. I restarted my console, tried different ways of logging in online or offline and different profiles. When that didn't work, I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and nothing has changed. I am thinking this must be a problem on arks end. Other downloaded games I have will play fine but it will not start ark at all.

Have you managed to find any way of fixing this problem?

Hey dude,

it is being so random for me too still. I tired Xbox support 3 times they say go ark dev and ask for help. I tied no reply. And even more strange it was work last night for like 2hrs then crashed on me. Now it's not working at all again.

My network was on moderate at the time so I don't think it's a network issue. 

There is is a ark update on the 10th for Xbox so hope that might fix it. 

We gotta spend this issue out to devs more ! 

Let me know if you find a fix 

19 hours ago, Macca said:

Hey dude,

it is being so random for me too still. I tired Xbox support 3 times they say go ark dev and ask for help. I tied no reply. And even more strange it was work last night for like 2hrs then crashed on me. Now it's not working at all again.

My network was on moderate at the time so I don't think it's a network issue. 

There is is a ark update on the 10th for Xbox so hope that might fix it. 

We gotta spend this issue out to devs more ! 

Let me know if you find a fix 

I have finally managed to get it to work. I found someone on another forum that said that they held the power button on the xbox console itself to hard-restart it and it fixed the problem. I was having no success with anything else. I did that one time and now the game is working. It should show a green xbox loading screen that it ordinarily does not show. Try it, I hope it works for you as well:)

46 minutes ago, Wolfgangrams said:

I have finally managed to get it to work. I found someone on another forum that said that they held the power button on the xbox console itself to hard-restart it and it fixed the problem. I was having no success with anything else. I did that one time and now the game is working. It should show a green xbox loading screen that it ordinarily does not show. Try it, I hope it works for you as well:)

Yeah man, my is now working I moved my Xbox from another room and went to wireless instead of hardwire, it must be a small glitch 

On 2/10/2016 at 7:57 PM, Wolfgangrams said:

It should show a green xbox loading screen that it ordinarily does not show. Try it, I hope it works for you as well:)

FYI ... If you rarely/never see the MS green screen, your is set to "Instant on" Vs "power saver".

Instant on, puts the Xbox in a sleep state. (think sleep/hibernate on a PC) Where power saver shuts down the Xbox completely. (Power down on a PC)

When your Xbox is set to instant on, and you have a issue with pretty much anything. The first thing you do to troubleshoot, is restart your console completely.

This is called a "Hard Reboot / Hard Reset"

To do this:

Double tap the guide button, scroll down to settings and hit reboot console.

OR

Press and hold the power button on the console for 10 seconds

1 minute ago, pleasehepl said:

Yo. I just installed my ark after not using it for a couple of months. The problem is that everytime i start it up it crashes right after the wildcard part of the startup has shown. so whats the problem? 

If you're using a different language, try switching it to English, I seem to recall there's an issue with one of the languages they translated to.

If that doesn't help make sure you're on the latest versions for Xbox OS and for Ark.

If that doesn't help, try a hard restart.  Hold down the power button for 10? seconds until it powers down, then wait a few seconds and power back on.  Sometimes the cache gets messed up.

• Like 1

I have not been able to play Ark for a couple months.  Restarted my system multiple times.  Reinstalled Ark multiple times.  Factory reset my Xbox One three times and the last time also wiped Ark with extra and saved data from the Xbox.  Bought a brand new Xbox One S.  Installed and then reinstalled on the new Xbox.  All this and the best I can do is start a game in single player and play for quite literally a maximum of 10 minutes before I'm dashboarded instantly (it's weird, no initial freeze or anything it normally does when a game dashboards).  No help from Wild Card or Xbox.

Edit:  All of the textures in the game got real low resolution once this issue started.  This made me assume it was my Xbox One which is over a year old.  But the brand new One S does EXACTLY the same thing.  My roommate also purchased a One X recently and has the same issue with being dashboarded, though he can get online and can sometimed play for almost an hour before getting booted.

Edited by LunaticSynapse
Additional info

I have just came across this problem myself. When I try to load ARK I get just past the wild card screen and my xbox one shuts completely down. I have tried all the hard boots and uninstallations of game and profile but nothing has worked. All other games and apps work fine. Has anyone come up with any new ways to fix this? Also after it crashes I cannot turn xbox on with controller. I have to turn it on at the console

Edited by Grimstien

Kinda the same thing happened to me- i just barely got on ark and been on for a hour or two. So i play around then i knocked out a allo and got it tamed to 97% tamed then the game froze. Exited the game closed it a couple times and tried to open it again but each time it would freeze right after the wildcard thing. And i just tried again just barely and about an hour has passed and it is still frozen on the start loading screen.. I have grown to love this game a bunch- but now it wont let me play it no more :/ im really sad, i hope it fixes itself soon qwq