Killing Noobs on Official PvP Servers (pc)

Mikatwix

Hi There People :)

Im reading alot about People getting killed all the time on Offi Servers. 

I play on 4 Offi Servers . 

2 Server alot. 

Well just want to Let u know That Not all Offi PvP Server are Evil :)

When new ppl come we Notice it . 

So we Talk to them , are u new in Ark ? Are u from a other Server ? What happen? 

After a little Chat we give them Most of the Time a high lvl dire bear. Because i Think its an awesome Beginners animal (fast, can gather meat and Fiber good and Berrys a bit) and kill allmost any wild Dino 

We also Keep an Eye on them to make Sure they do ok. 

Ofcurse we want the Server to be Safe . But we all startet at some point this game. And later they can join us or other bigger Tribe or maybe be are Stronger Tribe by themself. 

Whats the benefit ? Well easy to explain . 

The game is more a Server vs Server war game then a game where people on the same Server should play war . The threat from outside is bigger . 

So Let the new ppl play and Build . If they have more . Like decent Base and Dinos, then they want to Keep it. So they also start to Look around if a treath from outside comes . 

Dinos and Bases dont defend your Stuff . 

The People do. U can raid any Base if There is Not enough People that protect it . 

So the point of my little Story is . Every Server needs new People :)

Besides. There are some very strong Alphas that destroys others Alphas if they only kill all on sight on There Servers . Nobody wants a tyrann Alpha :)

So for all People that did Not have luck . Keep searching . There are many good Servers (i can only Talk about pc) 

Wish u all a Good Time :) take Care 

Greetings 

Mika 

Edit: one more Thing, politics is the Key on Official Servers. Try to make Friends :)

• 2 months later...

I was very glad to see this. Though I can't play ARK right now (I have the memory leak) I usually play official by myself and I've lost count of the number of servers I've played on where large, established tribes go out of their way to bully and harass new players off "their" server. 

It didn't matter that I had no interest in fighting anyone (that doesn't mean I'm against PvP. It simply means I prefer a support role over active offense). That I simply wanted to build a nice base and supply other tribes with resources through that to expand their holdings and protect the server. They didn't want me there and they were happy to slaughter me with rocket launchers, tames and tek weapons so they could steal my stone tools, cloth armour and carrots.

Once the memory leak is fixed I hope to play again and will, most likely, be playing solo. Though I've heard a lot of alpha tribes now demand tribute in the form of ridiculous amounts of resources that new players can't hope to produce. But I'll keep my eye out if I ever get to play again for these "Unicorn" servers. It's nice to know they exist!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived