Breeding

Pheidologeton

1 hour ago, Pheidologeton said:

I'm breeding two high level argies, both 309, I've bred so many generations but none go past 309, is it chance I'll get a baby that's higher then the level they come out at or is it not feasible 

If you get a mutation or if you breed another fresh tamed argy into your bloodline with a higher base stat than you already have its possible.

If they got the same stats (mabe they were twins?) they'll only get a higher level if a mutation happens (if they still can mutate).

You'll have to find another argie with some better base stats, make lots of eggs and hope for all the best stats to be passed on.

Check the wiki for a good explanation, or maybe someone still has the link to this awesome breeding guide...

I'm curious how you've managed to breed up to level 309 and not figured out how levels work and, more importantly, how little the number actually matters. The level corresponds to how many points the dino is given, minus one (every dino starts at one but does not receive a point until level two). Each parent has a certain amount of points in each of the six different stats. In the case of your Argies that number is 308. How those 308 points are distributed relies solely on where they are on each parent. A baby has a 70% chance of receiving the better of the two stats, but it's definitely not guaranteed. As well, at any given time, a baby can hatch/be born with a mutation, giving it two extra levels, therefore two extra points into a stat. Speed being the exception for birds. That is the only way a 309 and a 309 that share the same stats can ever get higher, is a mutation. As has been said before, the best thing to do is tame, tame, tame, until you find a bird that has an exceptionally high stat value in a given stat, and breed it into the mix. It is far more reasonable to breed a few times knowing the stat will pass than it is to rely on a 2% chance of a mutation.

Don't count out 135+, as they, too, can have 50+ points in a stat.

Archived