Why do you play PVP?!?

o0oNightmareo0o

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uh, not really sure on how many hours on one build but it was a lot on one of them. Just like lil nasty girl said though I lost it within a few hours.

the cool thing was I got someone else to wipe them while I was petting koalas on my two week trip to Australia ?

Thats about the only thing I like about crossark. If I get wiped I will make sure they are gone as well. I try to warn people but sometimes they just don't listen ?

4 hours ago, o0oNightmareo0o said:

Just like the title, why do you play PvP? What is the most hours put into a build you have lost? What is the highest level dino you have lost? Really curious. 

I play PvP because these new mobs called "Human Players" have some of the most ridiculously awesome AI i've seen. A Level 100 can kill pretty much everything, can mine almost any resource, can CONSTRUCT THEIR OWN BASES, and have the most insane aggro range I've ever seen. They're dangerous AF and untameable, but you CAN ally with them or recruit them into your tribe!

The most hours I put into a build was 1,100. Got bored and just gave away my tames to other tribes and let them demolish my stuff for resources against CrossARK.

The highest Level dino I lost was a Level 267 Rex with 10k HP and 394% Melee. Boss battle.

1 hour ago, TheSpirit said:

The challange of keeping the server safe(ish) and populated by crushing griefing little turds and eventually some older tribe that wants to dominate the server. 

What's the point in pve? Hoarding...

I understand why you would play PvP but PvE is alot more than hoarding. Its having the ability to actually enjoy all the content in the game, do boss battles, experiment with builds, breed, etc etc.

If I want PvP i play SOTF, Official PvP sucks and isnt worthy of the name PvP.

For me PVE getting boring after a while plus unfortunately some bad game mechanism (like the land claiming they try to fix, the resource killing with foundation, the griefers kiting the animals to your base etc) having the opportunity to demolish aor opunish some offenders is a plus for me. 

Overall I dont find runining other's work fun and often it is not economic, but it is good to have an opportunity to teach that DireWolf guy swearing on local all the day or killing the metal spawns deliberately... plus I do like ingame "politics" and "diplomacy", and it turns out it is often possible to avoid getting levelled ifyou are good in the art of talking :)  On my current server I was leveled just once at the beginning by the alpha, but after some talking i was never hit anymore. 

Important: I dont play on official servers, when a bored megatribe just suddenly come out from server 999 to server 001 and level everything. I prefer small unofficial clusters, when it is easier to track who is who, who is strong and building up, who is a nice guy who is bad guy and you have the chance to build proper player interaction and relationship. 

Also I prefer elevated slightly rates, to makes sure when I lose something it does not hrt that much. Im pretty sure I could not bear a loss of a giga when it takes 2 weeks of costant attention from me (I play on 4x harvest / 8x breeding /10x taming server)
-----

Just yesterday we had to level a tribe, who claimed that they came to wipe our server cluster for fun (not to live on it and play with us), and when we checked their base, we saw 38 high level turtles...  well... our relaxed server just woke up and even the lazy carebear PVE kind like me brought out our gigas and eliminated the problem...

2 hours ago, BobRoss said:

I understand why you would play PvP but PvE is alot more than hoarding. Its having the ability to actually enjoy all the content in the game, do boss battles, experiment with builds, breed, etc etc.

If I want PvP i play SOTF, Official PvP sucks and isnt worthy of the name PvP.

Well all you mentioned happens in PvP... except in pvp it's not the main focus, but means to an end. At the end of the day PvP ARK is the main game, PvE is just a modification.

I agree vanilla ARK PvP is bullcrap. Balance is non-existant. That is why I'm in P+, which is way more forgiving to smaller tribes. :)

Played 1000 hours of official PVP, mostly solo, some of them on tribes (Beta and Alpha). However, i like my buildings. I like my stuff. I like my dinos. Knowing that it was all temporary and volatile made me invest very little time onto builds. I knew they wouldnt last for long.

I decided to play official PVE some 2 weeks ago and i'm having the time of my life! :) Not having to build metal boxes is so satisfying. I have now built some stone castles and am on the process of building a great glass pyramid. Besides, i am already reaching level 90. And i plan to get to tech in about a month. Still playing solo, as i prefer! I play on a nice server, with great people. I feel there is no way in the current state of the game to enjoy all the aspects of the game whilst playing PVP

I played possibly 250hours on PVP, first couple of days were a ball ache, 15 different servers and reducing my pride to grovelling after being wiped in 3 consecutive days in a row I managed to get into a Beta tribe.

I'm a builder and tamer and do like the odd pot shot at high level naked players running around on easy spawn beaches.

I built a Giga raising room, traps, crop house and vault room for the Beta, looked after their hatchlings when they weren't able to and helped out an Alpha tribe member who was being chased down by a Giga on the Island.

after 2 weeks of hard graft suddenly I was kicked from the tribe and all my BPs and efforts were taken from me, I was then put into a cage overlooking the red ob and my lvl90 player character has been there ever since. 12yr olds evidently have a lot of time on their hands

PVE has its own challenges and in my opinion has less grief than PVP

I don't have to worry about the 15k ings I harvested will be stolen before I next log on and generally the community are a lot happier and less childish

I will play ark PVP only if new servers are made [in clusters of 4 or whatever number corresponds to the number of official maps] and transfers are not allowed outside the cluster of 4 [whatever number] maps.

Otherwise there is actually no point in playing ark pvp. To what? play against some teenage tards who got most of their stuff through glitching, exploiting, or just got all the stuff long ago when the game was broken and unfinished and lots of stuff was easier to get? Only to get 1 shotted by 100 players with wyverns in the spawn. Or getting picked up and thrown down again because IT MAKES ALOT OF SENSE KILLING THE NEW PLAYERS. Those nerds should play unofficial. Killing every sign of opposition leads to 0 competition. They are basically playing alone on the server. Not to mention they are like rocky balboa vs a 5 year old kid. Surely they call themselves veterans and "PRO" players.

11 minutes ago, Voidstar said:

I will play ark PVP only if new servers are made [in clusters of 4 or whatever number corresponds to the number of official maps] and transfers are not allowed outside the cluster of 4 [whatever number] maps.

Otherwise there is actually no point in playing ark pvp. To what? play against some teenage tards who got most of their stuff through glitching, exploiting, or just got all the stuff long ago when the game was broken and unfinished and lots of stuff was easier to get? Only to get 1 shotted by 100 players with wyverns in the spawn. Or getting picked up and thrown down again because IT MAKES ALOT OF SENSE KILLING THE NEW PLAYERS. Those nerds should play unofficial. Killing every sign of opposition leads to 0 competition. They are basically playing alone on the server. Not to mention they are like rocky balboa vs a 5 year old kid. Surely they call themselves veterans and "PRO" players.

get ready for the "git gud" comments lol

43 minutes ago, Voidstar said:

They started the same way you did, put in hard work and learn to play and you too can get to the top.

Well after 3.8k hours official PvP only my biggest losses where due to:

* Volcano getting wiped by WC making me loose my base

* People stealing my dinos, lost like 15 gigas 5 wyverns and countless other dinos that way.

* Fighting for Ragnarok Servers right after they where added. We had epic 30vs30 people battles, lost some, won some, but we had a blast. Cannot count how many dinos got killed in those but every single one was worth it ^^

I dont count dinos dying as losses, i breed them to die =)

My work cannot be lost, i dont work in Ark i Play.

Enjoyment comes from playing not from owning.

If you enjoy owning dont play Ark =)

16 minutes ago, Voidstar said:

Of course.
I m not angry on how far they are. I am o nthe fact that they are losers 1 shotting new players in spawn, or raiding their thatch bases. That is nor challenging nor healthy for the server nor fun i am sure

I agree, PVP is cancer and will be forever more, I'm not going to even defend myself against the negative comments in relation to what I have just said.

PVP players are on power trips, those who patronise me for saying so will always prove my point

2 minutes ago, X111 said:

I agree, PVP is cancer and will be forever more, I'm not going to even defend myself against the negative comments in relation to what I have just said.

PVP players are on power trips, those who patronise me for saying so will always prove my point

This is one of those comments that I just gotta say, why don't you stay on your side of the fence, and we'll stay on ours. Stop throwing crap over the fence and none shall be returned. Nobody is forcing you to play PvP, go hug your jerboas and be content that nobody will be killing them.

1 minute ago, bulldog1986 said:

This is one of those comments that I just gotta say, why don't you stay on your side of the fence, and we'll stay on ours. Stop throwing crap over the fence and none shall be returned. Nobody is forcing you to play PvP, go hug your jerboas and be content that nobody will be killing them.

point proven

please read my original post before you go off on one.

evidently you're very touchy around the subject.

the original post being "Why do you play PVP?!?" and my original response being:

5 hours ago, X111 said:

I played possibly 250hours on PVP, first couple of days were a ball ache, 15 different servers and reducing my pride to grovelling after being wiped in 3 consecutive days in a row I managed to get into a Beta tribe.

I'm a builder and tamer and do like the odd pot shot at high level naked players running around on easy spawn beaches.

I built a Giga raising room, traps, crop house and vault room for the Beta, looked after their hatchlings when they weren't able to and helped out an Alpha tribe member who was being chased down by a Giga on the Island.

after 2 weeks of hard graft suddenly I was kicked from the tribe and all my BPs and efforts were taken from me, I was then put into a cage overlooking the red ob and my lvl90 player character has been there ever since. 12yr olds evidently have a lot of time on their hands

PVE has its own challenges and in my opinion has less grief than PVP

I don't have to worry about the 15k ings I harvested will be stolen before I next log on and generally the community are a lot happier and less childish

the conversation evolved from the point above in line with previous and post comments.

please keep your poop slinging comments to yourself and stop being short sighted, for the betterment of society.

3 minutes ago, X111 said:

point proven

please read my original post before you go off on one.

evidently you're very touchy around the subject.

the original post being "Why do you play PVP?!?" and my original response being:

the conversation evolved from the point above in line with previous and post comments.

please keep your poop slinging comments to yourself and stop being short sighted, for the betterment of society.

You seem to have a very poor grasp of the English language (this is me insulting you now btw) because my first post did not throw any "poop" your way lol. Basically just states, agree to disagree, it is what it is, quick rocking the boat.

But hey dude, look into it however you want and by all means go ahead and generalize the PvP community into single sentences of disdain and contempt, it shows how manly and how much of an internet touch guy you can be lol.

Enjoy being comedic relief for those who will post in this channel doing something you didn't have the patience to do. Godspeed.

Archived