So the PC patch 260....

JetJaguar

1 minute ago, Bain said:

the people will complain they didnt have enough time to prepare. you cant win in this situation... perhaps play a different game for a bit or something lol. i have playing on patch days, i let it settle down a bit first

I don't see how anyone would have a leg to stand on if they gave ample warning in increments and kept us updated when something changes rather than leaving us guessing. Though I'm positive there would be someone just because I see it a lot too. You don't have to win everyone as long as you're doing your best. Most of the time I don't know patch days because my own fault or it gets pushed back with no other ETA. All I ask for a bit more communication when it comes to push backs and what have you. As for playing other games, I do...however when breeding, you can't.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, spangled said:

I don't see how anyone would have a leg to stand on if they gave ample warning in increments and kept us updated when something changes rather than leaving us guessing. Though I'm positive there would be someone just because I see it a lot too. You don't have to win everyone as long as you're doing your best. Most of the time I don't know patch days because my own fault or it gets pushed back with no other ETA. All I ask for a bit more communication when it comes to push backs and what have you. As for playing other games, I do...however when breeding, you can't.

fair enough, id also appreciate a little more communication, however ive been aware an incoming patch is on its way for a few days now, hence why i don't have any babies around :)

Just now, Bain said:

fair enough, id also appreciate a little more communication, however ive been aware an incoming patch is on its way for a few days now, hence why i don't have any babies around :)

Hey, I understand. My only issue is I work and my job has very odd hours. It's rare I get days off in a row at all and rarer still if I have nothing pressing I have to take care of. So when I do, I jump on it. I have put 3k hours on an official server, so when people tell me I should just move to an unofficial and get over it, I have to laugh a little. I like my official. Anything ran by the developers themselves, in theory, should be better than player run. I wouldn't have a problem with them shutting the server down to update, or making me wait for said update, so long as I'm informed about what I can and can't do and when. I'm hoping as things iron out more, this will become less of an issue since communication is pretty much my number one complaint with this game/company and as long as I know they care about the bug/issue/so forth, I can live with the game acting up for a bit. I do appreciate someone who can have a decent back and forth over something with out name calling and 'get gud' though.

2 minutes ago, spangled said:

Hey, I understand. My only issue is I work and my job has very odd hours. It's rare I get days off in a row at all and rarer still if I have nothing pressing I have to take care of. So when I do, I jump on it. I have put 3k hours on an official server, so when people tell me I should just move to an unofficial and get over it, I have to laugh a little. I like my official. Anything ran by the developers themselves, in theory, should be better than player run. I wouldn't have a problem with them shutting the server down to update, or making me wait for said update, so long as I'm informed about what I can and can't do and when. I'm hoping as things iron out more, this will become less of an issue since communication is pretty much my number one complaint with this game/company and as long as I know they care about the bug/issue/so forth, I can live with the game acting up for a bit. I do appreciate someone who can have a decent back and forth over something with out name calling and 'get gud' though.

haha likewise :D yea i was in same boat, my issue is work hours and the missus ;) have to strike a good balance there haha i decided to go unofficial about 6 months into launch, so im not bound by that issue but trust me i would be had i invested so much into my base/tames. 

So with new patch notes been posted what do you guys think about them?

For myself i found several interesting parts that are bound to stir some drama on forums:

- Prevented multiple floors from being built underneath rafts and platform saddles.

I wonder if that means no more ramps for quetz, bronto and paracer. And no more "under the raft" hidden loot caches and taming traps - i loved to use these.

- Greatly reduced the Element cost of running the Tek Generator.

Thats understandable, WC wants players to use "underwater bases". Depends on how "greatly" it is reduced. But

- Removed the Element cost for using the Tek Teleporter.

wait, what? Free instant dino and item transportation around the map, inside caves etc? Why? To give more power to those who already have it?

- New Saber Model! The Saber also has increased hide and pelt harvesting capability and reduced fall damage.

- Decreased pelt and hide harvesting by the Direwolf (still 15% better than other carnivores).

these gonna upset some direwolf breeders. Also they make little to no sense from logical standpoint: why creature that lives in snow biome exclusively gathers pelt worse than something that doesnt live there?

- Fixed two infinite weight exploits.

i really hope one of them is tamed dino overharvesting...

- Rex capsule is now increased to appropriately fit it’s size.

that will be interesting to see. This just might be the proper "fix" to boss glitching and some other clipping issues.

- All land dinos can now attack in water (either primary-fire or alt-fire).

Yay for frog lovers!

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, DarthaNyan said:

For myself i found several interesting parts that are bound to stir some drama on forums:

- Prevented multiple floors from being built underneath rafts and platform saddles.

I wonder if that means no more ramps for quetz, bronto and paracer. And no more "under the raft" hidden loot caches - i loved to use these.

Thats understandable, WC wants players to use "underwater bases". Depends on how "greatly" it is reduced. But

wait, what? Free instant dino and item transportation around the map, inside caves etc? Why? To give more power to those who already have it?

- New Saber Model! The Saber also has increased hide and pelt harvesting capability and reduced fall damage.

- Decreased pelt and hide harvesting by the Direwolf (still 15% better than other carnivores).

these gonna upset some direwolf breeders. Also they make little to no sense from logical standpoint: why creature that lives in snow biome exclusively gathers pelt worse than something that doesnt live there?

that will be interesting to see. This just might be the proper "fix" to boss glitching and some other clipping issues.

Yay for frog lovers!

The direwolf is still better, as evidenced by the line that says "still 15% better than other carnivores".

1 minute ago, ciabattaroll said:

The direwolf is still better, as evidenced by the line that says "still 15% better than other carnivores".

but before the patch saber and direwolf were almost on par and way better than any other dino (aka "other carnivores"). Now saber will get even better and direwolf gets a nerf.

• Volunteer Moderator
7 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

but before the patch saber and direwolf were almost on par and way better than any other dino (aka "other carnivores"). Now saber will get even better and direwolf gets a nerf.

Saber gets better but it is still worse than a Direwolf, as it falls under the "other carnivores" category.

6 hours ago, Harrist14 said:

Lol well I don't particularly care about 260, not much that effects my everyday playing, but they did originally say Monday. I'm just not sure why they announce patches that soon after the last one, then postpone it. Just don't announce it until it's finished, it's not a big deal. They do themselves a disservice because they announce a time then very rarely meet it, and then have a bunch of people complain at them online. They'd be so much better off just releasing it when it's done, I really don't think anyone was clamoring for 260 when 259 was major and just came out. 

Do you know what an ETA is? Im going to give you a tip, its NOT Exact Time of Arrival.

2 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

Saber gets better but it is still worse than a Direwolf, as it falls under the "other carnivores" category.

but then direwolf will be more than "15% better" when compared to majority of carnivores other than saber. I'm pretty much sure that devs meant "other non-specialized carnivores" because otherwise that change is ... strange.

Just now, BobRoss said:

Do you know what an ETA is? Im going to give you a tip, its NOT Exact Time of Arrival.

I know, I know. It means "Euskadi ta Askatasuna" - the separatist group. 

Now I know why WC makes the game like this - they virtaully hold people as hostage (imprinting system, mandatory feeding of animals, grindy tek tier, time sinks), because they are... TERRORISTS!

Just now, BobRoss said:

This makes no sense. Before they were equal, now they buff the saber and nerf the direwolf but according to you the direwolf will be better? 

Probably there are two developers in the studio.. one favors direwolf and dont like sabers, the other is the opposite. They are fighting each other, nerfing this, buffing that, we just see and internal conflict in the patchnotes....

7 hours ago, geneticbits said:

Increased rex capsule has me somewhat worried. As in, will they still fit through regular dino gates? If not, I've got a lot of rebuilding to do... 

This is exactly what it means, i.e. they won't fit through dino gates anymore. Here's a quote from Reddit:

[–]daymeeuhn 2 points 6 hours ago 

• Rex capsule is now increased to appropriately fit it’s size.

This is the only note in the list I don't quite understand. Is "capsule" the developer terminology for hitbox? IE: now instead of having a hitbox small enough to fit through dinosaur gates, the Rex now has a more proper collision check?

[–]wildcardjenCommunity Manager 3 points 6 hours ago 

Yes and yes.

Link to the thread:

6 hours ago, Bain said:

i dunno perhaps they found an issue that would be better resolved before going live? maybe they realized some extra changes are nearly ready to go live? who knows, who really cares? it'll come when it comes. 

Like I said, I don't care. But a lot of people like to complain and they should be aware of that and maybe try to make it easier on themselves. 

3 hours ago, DarthaNyan said:

I wonder if that means no more ramps for quetz, bronto and paracer. And no more "under the raft" hidden loot caches and taming traps - i loved to use these.

Yay for frog lovers!

I think transmitter workes the same as a teleporter, does transmitter require element to run (besides genn)? 

1 hour ago, szabiferi said:

"- Greatly reduced the Element cost of running the Tek Generator."

Yaay... but why the hell they cannot explicitly specify what are the new values? Greatly is not meaningful. Especially since we saw what greatly reduced baby food consumption mean...:(

Is 1/3 of the consumption not great? Holy hell made raising wyverns easier.

9 hours ago, mizzz said:

- New Item: Tek Trough! Powered by the Tek Generator, this trough refrigerates food and keeps it fresh longer. 

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE idea linking it to the tek generator >.< Since is damn near impossible to get element on center servers. Tnx for nothing WC.

Whats wrong with farming the hard dragon? 300 element 2 or 3 times a day is fine.

1 hour ago, BobRoss said:

if the estimate isn't even close to accurate , then what is the point of it? i assumed they gave them for general planning purposes. but if this isnt the case then why even post it? tbh i dont care how long it takes them, i just wish there eta would be accurate within a few days. i have a nice long weekend coming on july 4th but i cant even assume the rag map will hit consoles on the 4th much less this month.

Archived