Surviving on Official Servers?

majorhamilton

Hello guys, I am a survivor just like you... except for the part that I have no experience. I tried to play alone 3 times, got raided within days for no reasons. I suppose that it is normal

That is why I created this thread, how do you guys survive on official servers? How do you defend yourself without playing 24/7? Discuss.

Without Playing 24/7? Join a big tribe or give it up. And dont ask anything in chat, it makes you a target. try communities online like this.

WITH playing 24/7, you need to make friends with the alpha alliance to even stand a chance. Build small deep in the woods, away from resources, caves and bases. keep tames to a minimum. Use refertilizer to conceal your base with trees. Don't light fires at night, even torches. Pump up your gamma and become an owl. Always keep your eyes peeled for players, paint your armor green and brown and lay down in some bushes if you see anyone. If you are spotted, run in the opposite direction as your base and try to lose them. Crank movement speed/stam. Don't irrigate, its a breadcrumb trail for raiders. Instead keep 3 or 4 water jars and fill them each rain.

Observe the community for a few days or weeks. Reach out to a tribe that seems reasonably friendly, if there is one. Maybe offer them a symbol of goodwill, 1000 gunpowder or a few stacks of pearls or cement. Don't be too thirsty to ally, its easier for allies to raid you than non. Learn the layered foundation trick, go stone right off the bat. Make a compact 2x2 double layered metal hut with all 8 cells double doored or walled off. Use smithies for storage. Go nuts with plant X, get a dung beetle for fert. Or forcefeed stimberries to a pig for mad poop.

For PvP you have to find the right server. On some of them the alpha tribe sets the rules. The ones I know of do not allow raiding unless it is rationalized (they hit a dino I was taming so now i am angry, etc). And new players are left alone.

You can always go to PvE. You do not have to worry about your stuff being gone when you log on (unless you are gone for a week or more).

But yes, if you do not want to play alone then try to join a tribe. Most may ignore you since you are new, but others may welcome you and show you the ropes. You can also just play single player, of which you control the game yourself through the settings and command codes.

59 minutes ago, majorhamilton said:

Hello guys, I am a survivor just like you... except for the part that I have no experience. I tried to play alone 3 times, got raided within days for no reasons. I suppose that it is normal

That is why I created this thread, how do you guys survive on official servers? How do you defend yourself without playing 24/7? Discuss.

If you are on PC: PvP-ORP official servers. Prevents offline raiding. 

Archived