Broodmother requirements and tips?

ArgRodrigo

Hi there people, I just wanted to know what stats should i go for in the rexes? and how many of them? Should I Set them on neutral or passive and attack my target to the brood? or agressive even? what weapons should we use? or should we just ride a rex in order to make more dps? once we kill it, do we have to dismount in order to transport safely to the ob? Every tip you all can give me will be a huge help, thanks a lot. By the way, we use boss rexes that hatch at 11.8k health and 414 dmg (official pve ps4) so it shouldnt be hard to level rexes up to a fair amount of health and damage.

On 29/6/2017 at 8:22 PM, TheReaper2662 said:

Easy and medium are not that bad we had 20 Rex 35k hp and 500 and above melee on all and the easy was no problem the medium we lost like 2 and the hard we lost all of them in like 20 seconds. And I'm not exaggerating. As soon as we got in she was on us and Rex after Rex dropped like flies

No way!!! For real? Did u by any chance recorded It?

• 3 weeks later...

Aim for 20k health and 500 melee minimum for 10 Rexs. Not hatching, but leveled up to those amounts. Bump them up to 25k health or even 30k health and rest in melee for Beta Broodmother or Megapithicus. The more Rexs the better. Our first generation of Rexs had your stats when they hatched and we easily dispatched Beta Megapithicus with 20k hp, 500 melee, and 12 Rexs (see below). However, we wiped on Gamma Megapithicus because we took too long to pin him down, and he killed us instantly with his special attack (even though we were behind him) and then proceeded to slaughter our Rexs.

Essentially the only way to beat bosses is to swarm them with lots of Rexs. That way the boss does not do their special attacks, and will probably not attack at all. This gives you plenty of time to just chomp away at them. If they are loose then their special attacks will devastate the Rexs and instant-kill you. A good strategy is to have two riders flank the boss to initially pin it in, and then have the rest of the Rexs swarm in and surround it. For Broodmother, have another player just do laps around your circle to kill the spiders, otherwise they build up and your health drops fast.

You can always practice in single player with your tribe first, just turn off the Single Player Settings option. use /Saveworld before entering the boss, that way you can just close out the game after you beat it does not save again when you exit, thus you do not have to put in codes all over again (unless you stocked them up in a nearby box). This way you all get an idea of what to expect.

Always dismount when entering and leaving. Stay on a Rex while boss is alive to make sure you do not die. A Rex may 'eat' the boss, so if you do not find the Element on the corpse then it may be found on one of the Rexs. Stock the Rexs up on meat before entering so you can heal in battle or after you succeed and do another battle (force feed Meat by holding down R2 or right trigger). You just need minimal gear, which is nice so you do not risk losing your good stuff. Food buffs help if you are a lower level (at level 100 I just go in naked).

Also, you do not have to travel to an obelisk in order to get to a boss fight. You can just find a nearby loot crate and do it there. Just make sure you are all huddled around it and that it has enough time on it (so like 70/100 and not 10/100).

Archived