Tek Trough

DarkCloud

22 minutes ago, Lexi said:

I'm in a tribe, I have never seen the dev's post the game's main idea is to be in a tribe.... also allies can't help if they can't do tek either ,I have never seen the dev's post that the official servers are for tribes only, If I was a solo player I still wouldn't have to play single player.

I'm happy that you have access to tek, however I, and the people that I play with, do not.

Is on the messages at the log into screen... "get a tribe and things will become easier" or something like that.

My idea is .... If you are not able or interested to get into boss, why u need to breed long term rise dinos, to get color mutations only...? never in my mind crossed the idea to rise a giga or a quetzal, tames ones are enough to my proposes.

But Rex is another thing.... Between me and friends, we lost 5 or 7 high stats rexs every weekend in average, just fighting bosses ... i need breed them in batch of 10 to keep giving the fight to bosses and developers... between 3 people is pretty easy, just as every sucessfull organization, need team job and good comunication.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, SpCowboy said:

Is on the messages at the log into screen... "get a tribe and things will become easier" or something like that.

My idea is .... If you are not able or interested to get into boss, why u need to breed long term rise dinos, to get color mutations only...? never in my mind crossed the idea to rise a giga or a quetzal, tames ones are enough to my proposes.

But Rex is another thing.... Between me and friends, we lost 5 or 7 high stats rexs every weekend in average, just fighting bosses ... i need breed them in batch of 10 to keep giving the fight to bosses and developers... between 3 people is pretty easy, just as every sucessfull organization, need team job and good comunication.

I agree that being in a tribe is useful, however; Tek tier is an "newer" feature from when I started playing the game and I was a solo player for a long time.  To me each has its advantage - being solo means I am totally in control of everything that happens in my base, with my dinos and structures.  Tribe - can grow faster raise more do more.  Breeding is just not to raise Rex's for Boss fights.  People do breed because they like a certain dino and want to see how mutations turn out and I am sure other reasons.  I have 3 kids I did not bring them into the world to have child slavery (well maybe, just joking no one bash me). Just saying that everyone has different reasons for breeding (in game and real life roflmao)

3 minutes ago, djbonez said:

I agree that being in a tribe is useful, however; Tek tier is an "newer" feature from when I started playing the game and I was a solo player for a long time.  To me each has its advantage - being solo means I am totally in control of everything that happens in my base, with my dinos and structures.  Tribe - can grow faster raise more do more.  Breeding is just not to raise Rex's for Boss fights.  People do breed because they like a certain dino and want to see how mutations turn out and I am sure other reasons.  I have 3 kids I did not bring them into the world to have child slavery (well maybe, just joking no one bash me). Just saying that everyone has different reasons for breeding (in game and real life roflmao)

Tribe options now have plenty of ways to limit access or safe your belongs and dinos from other member, but as every complex asociation need a responsable admin to keep all stuff working to bring new members to the tribe, mates rotation is high on this game, people change game preferences very quickly today, and Ark was created to be more like a hobbye, not an ocasional game.

To the haters,

Why does it matter to you if the new trough is in the tek tier or just regular electronics.

If in your opinion it is so simple to get, then you are playing under the assumption that everyone will have one. 

Why push back on the people that simply want that to be true.

Especially, now that some dinos starve in a few days.

• Volunteer Moderator

This is one of those things where nobody would have been happy, if you ask me. Were WC to introduce a non-tek alternative, people would moan, groan, and gnash their teeth about having to spend engram points to acquire them, specially so with the recent change to the mindwipe tonic. Tek makes it engram friendly, but at the logistical cost of having to do boss runs to unlock and maintain them.

As for a sort of refrigerated trough, I just don't know if it makes any sense from a crafting standpoint. Everything of the modern tech has an equivalent or somesuch to real life machinery, this includes the grinder which is practically a wood chipper that's used for equipment rather than chopped trees. Now with that said, and I'm just going off of memory from the pigs at my late grand mother's summer home, I don't recall livestock ever being fed chilled food, much less having a slop trough that cools their feed.

23 minutes ago, vowels said:

I find it funny (sarcastically) that they lowered the cost of running a tek generator .... and made element farming a crap ton harder. Just sayin.

Its ridicoulus. If you have 1 big base each map (=3 bases) and want to run Tek generators, tek forcefield, tek turrets and use tek armor, you need more element than you can farm. I fully agree with wildcard, that boss arenas should be a) hard to get all tributes for and b) hard to win but they really need to increase the amount of element extremly or make element transferable by transmitter. We are one of the 2 biggest tribes on a CrossARK Cluster and have really problems with getting enough element.

even if the bosses shall be hard, it is already hard to find dinos with appropriate stats to breed, as long as you don't want to trade an egg, for  example if you want to start your own breeding line with a through between normal and tek where meat maybe spoils half that fast as in normal through would already take off heaps of work. for tribes with many players it will already be a hard job but for tribes with not that many people it almost seems impossible to first find the right breeding stats in the wild and then do heaps of boss fights where some losses have to be calculated so you need to keep breeding

Guest BubbaCrawfish
On 6/30/2017 at 6:09 AM, DarkCloud said:

now they will be the only ones with access to troughs that don't spoil as quickly.

Use kibble in your trough and it won't spoil for ages, making the refrigerated trough useless.

49 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

This is one of those things where nobody would have been happy, if you ask me. Were WC to introduce a non-tek alternative, people would moan, groan, and gnash their teeth about having to spend engram points to acquire them, specially so with the recent change to the mindwipe tonic. Tek makes it engram friendly, but at the logistical cost of having to do boss runs to unlock and maintain them.

Mother of god... That is like... Not even a Straw-Man, but really more like A Hyper-Massive-Straw-Man...

No, No, No and NO

No one is going to complain "That it takes engrams" That's the most dishonest statement i have ever heard. How did you think you were gonna get away with that statement? :Jerbmad:

That is like you asking: 

You: "Why do spears randomly break?" 

Me: "Well You can't win either way! Because if spears didn't randomly break people would moan, groan, gnash their teeth about having to repair it!"

You: ":Jerbmad:"

The pro's outweigh the con's by an order of magnitude you can't just pretend the opposition is retarded... That isn't how arguing works.

58 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

As for a sort of refrigerated trough, I just don't know if it makes any sense from a crafting standpoint. Everything of the modern tech has an equivalent or somesuch to real life machinery, this includes the grinder which is practically a wood chipper that's used for equipment rather than chopped trees. Now with that said, and I'm just going off of memory from the pigs at my late grand mother's summer home, I don't recall livestock ever being fed chilled food, much less having a slop trough that cools their feed.

A couple things: realistically nobody would've complained about engram points for an industrial trough lol. People don't complain about the points for an industrial forge, although it's very expensive in points, because it's super useful. 

Secondly, no, there isn't a modern day refrigerated trough, because raw meat doesn't stack to 20 in real life, and almost no domesticated animals eat raw meat or other food that spoils as quickly. Most foods for farm animals don't need to be refrigerated. A real item that exists though, would be the open air displays for meat and cheese and stuff at grocery stores. I don't think technology is a legitimate argument as a limiting factor. 

Guest BubbaCrawfish

I complain that people don't plan their options enough, then keep asking things to be added to make it easier for them when they still don't understand how to use what they already have...

30 minutes ago, Harrist14 said:

A couple things: realistically nobody would've complained about engram points for an industrial trough lol. People don't complain about the points for an industrial forge, although it's very expensive in points, because it's super useful. 

Secondly, no, there isn't a modern day refrigerated trough, because raw meat doesn't stack to 20 in real life, and almost no domesticated animals eat raw meat or other food that spoils as quickly. Most foods for farm animals don't need to be refrigerated. A real item that exists though, would be the open air displays for meat and cheese and stuff at grocery stores. I don't think technology is a legitimate argument as a limiting factor. 

Bingo. You also can't compare real life to a game when the game is not aimed at being realistic or a simulator and make a good argument out of it.

I can already build a metal box that keeps my pixel food viable longer, why can't I just put one on its side with the top open for my animals? Making this Tek only was dumb. I would've been very happy with an industrial in addition to the Tek, but not only Tek. There's a lot of reasons I could go on about, but I think my favorite is the one regarding how you'll go about even getting the Tek trough.

So you've got your scorpion farm and you've got the kibble; time to go out taming near max and max rexes and hoping they roll well when they stand up. Now you have at least two rexes; time to breed them. You need the correct stat rolls and then you need to raise those babies- by hand feeding them and then filling troughs for them to eat from. Now, maybe you've got your perfect battle rexes, but you need to make more, preferably you'll have twelve; the male and female progenitors of the line that have exact stats so you can "clone" more battle rexes, then ten for the boss fights themselves. You're going to have to raise somewhere around a dozen rexes just to get a cold box. This isn't taking into account extra breeding you'd have to do if you don't have only a single male and female to combine stats from, babies that have died, adults that have died from being leveled or previously taken into lost boss fights, or needing to breed extra stats in (such as mutations), nor is this taking into account people who play the game casually or in PVE who would benefit most out of a better trough.

I'm generally pretty okay with Tek crap, but this is just incredibly dumb to me. 

Lol this guy. Please stop with the straw man answers. You guys completely stopped working on missing industrial/ primative work benches  long ago. The idea that engram usage was the reason why you didn't make an industrial feeding troughs is a lie that no one here or on Reddit believes. Just be honest and say that tek is easier to implement because it causes all of us to grind way more for items that we would normally be able to afford without running bosses. Add to that the fact that the cost to run bosses has now jumped up by huge margins with the latest update, come on WC we are not dumb. Add missing work benches for industrial tier so that 90% of your player base has a shot of using the items you make. Ohh and we still don't have an advanced station for marking jerky, will that be tek tier as well? I bet it will be. Lol. 

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, GLADONOS said:

No one is going to complain "That it takes engrams" That's the most dishonest statement i have ever heard. How did you think you were gonna get away with that statement? 

For the past two years that I've been around I can assure you that "WAAH WC Y U MAEK THINGS COST ENGRUMS" has been a ridiculously repeated complaint. People almost always chime in with "great, more crap that costs engrams" whenever new content got introduced. It's as though people will complain of anything under the blue sky.

Simply put, were they to have done this as an engram resource alternative, the headache on the forums would be thread where the body of it goes "GG WC you screwed us over with mindwipe tonics then drop a new item that costs engram points. I'm so done with this game". Hence why I said that no matter what they did, no one would have been happy.

1 hour ago, Harrist14 said:

When the Industrial forge first came out, people not only moaned about the engram cost, but they also complained about the material cost and the size of the thing. So no, the usefulness of the object in no way silences people picking at the most absurd of nits.

As for the second line there, as I said in my previous post, the modern tier, as it were, seems to take after a lot of the materials that we do indeed have in our society. Hence why I said a freezy breezy slop trough just seems to not make sense (for now).

Nowhere did I say that an engram version of the tek trough would not be appreciated. Rather, what I'm saying is that from what I've seen players do and say as well as what I've seen the developers work on and say, nothing they could have done would have made everyone happy.

46 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

As for the second line there, as I said in my previous post, the modern tier, as it were, seems to take after a lot of the materials that we do indeed have in our society. Hence why I said a freezy breezy slop trough just seems to not make sense (for now).

Nowhere did I say that an engram version of the tek trough would not be appreciated. Rather, what I'm saying is that from what I've seen players do and say as well as what I've seen the developers work on and say, nothing they could have done would have made everyone happy.

Honestly man, I feel like you're being purposely obtuse. In the wake of the mindwipe thing, MAYBE some people would've complained, but a significantly larger proportion of people would've been happy about an industrial trough. Edit: and again, there isn't a real life version because grain and whatnot don't need to be refrigerated.  

Yes, some people always complain. But, when reading feedback, you have to consider what is rational and what is needless complaining by people that are never happy. All complaints are not equal. A person complaining that they don't want to spend engrams (especially pre mindwipe nerf) is not the same as someone complaining about a legitimate glitch or issue with the game. I really don't think it's too much to ask to consider complaints situationally and realize that some are reasonable. And I get it, you guys are mods and see a lot of complaints and negative comments, but most people on here enjoy the game and appreciate (at least on some level) the devs, and their complaints should hold more weight than the ones from trolls insulting the devs. You can't pander to dummies, but should think about the normal players.

"You can't make everyone happy" is a bit of a cop out, because while technically true, that doesn't mean that some options aren't better than others. 

48 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

For the past two years that I've been around I can assure you that "WAAH WC Y U MAEK THINGS COST ENGRUMS" has been a ridiculously repeated complaint. People almost always chime in with "great, more crap that costs engrams" whenever new content got introduced. It's as though people will complain of anything under the blue sky.

Simply put, were they to have done this as an engram resource alternative, the headache on the forums would be thread where the body of it goes "GG WC you screwed us over with mindwipe tonics then drop a new item that costs engram points. I'm so done with this game". Hence why I said that no matter what they did, no one would have been happy.

When the Industrial forge first came out, people not only moaned about the engram cost, but they also complained about the material cost and the size of the thing. So no, the usefulness of the object in no way silences people picking at the most absurd of nits.

I have never seen anyone complain about engrams but i will google it to be sure...

Nope, I have seen people complain about the cost and size, but no one has complained about it costing engrams.

Honestly i can understand it being Tek tier so that it does not make fridges obsolete. However Tek is insanely hard to get, so i would like to see a crappier industrial version. here is my suggestion:

Feeding Trough: Changed to 1x spoil time(Down from the current 4x)

Industrial Feeding trough: 10x Spoil time(Just like a Preserving bin) and 80 slots. Cost: 100 Metal ingots, 50 Crystal, 35 Polymer and 20 Electronics.

Tek Feeding Trough: Same as now(100x Spoil time and 100 slots)

• Volunteer Moderator
8 minutes ago, Harrist14 said:

All complaints are not equal. A person complaining that they don't want to spend engrams (especially pre mindwipe nerf) is not the same as someone complaining about a legitimate glitch or issue with the game. I really don't think it's too much to ask to consider complaints situationally and realize that some are reasonable. And I get it, you guys are mods and see a lot of complaints and negative comments, but most people on here enjoy the game and appreciate (at least on some level) the devs, and their complaints should hold more weight than the ones from trolls insulting the devs. You can't pander to dummies, but should think about the normal players.

Respectfully, I disagree. Just as Kayd welcomes all opinions, both the harsh "OMG JUST DIE WC" comments and actual feedback, I think that all complaints should at the very least, be looked at with equal respect. 

37 minutes ago, GLADONOS said:

here is my suggestion:

Feeding Trough: Changed to 1x spoil time(Down from the current 4x)

Industrial Feeding trough: 10x Spoil time(Just like a Preserving bin) and 80 slots. Cost: 100 Metal ingots, 50 Crystal, 35 Polymer and 20 Electronics.

Tek Feeding Trough: Same as now(100x Spoil time and 100 slots)

reg: x2/x3
ind: x10/x15
tek: w/e it is now

1 hour ago, ciabattaroll said:

I've seen so little complains about "more crap to spent engram points on" since july 2015 that i could count them on my hands. Most of the complaints about the industrial forge came from the fact nothing before that costed that much mats, the major leap of the cost to craft it (compared to anything before) was unprecedented(but became a trend) and unexpected at that time, and people knew it was gonna be big, but not "3 story building high" big. So the surprise is mostly responsible for the complaints that died out rather quickly.

47 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

Respectfully, I disagree. Just as Kayd welcomes all opinions, both the harsh "OMG JUST DIE WC" comments and actual feedback, I think that all complaints should at the very least, be looked at with equal respect. 

Then do what you preach. Since this forum was open, not a single time i've seen you give any credits to any complains. You just come and argue in any way shape or form that fits the moment that WC made a good decision for whatever the subject is on, like here were tek trough is ok because " they inspire from real life machines and no such thing exist therefore alien technology", or you come and close the threads justifying it by simply saying "it became a flame war that goes nowhere". So please don't talk about respect when you  give none to those giving legit complaints. I wrote this the most polite way i could.

4 hours ago, ciabattaroll said:

Now with that said, and I'm just going off of memory from the pigs at my late grand mother's summer home, I don't recall livestock ever being fed chilled food, much less having a slop trough that cools their feed.

Well, do you remember having to stand there and feed them by hand for hours and hours?  I've helped breed horses in real life, and birth them, nobody touches them when their born because mommy horse takes care of it. 

Archived