x2 Breeding coming every weekend from now?

Pon

2 hours ago, BCMFTaCtIcZZ said:

Yeah i feel like ragnarok is gonna be crashing a lot again this weekend since i have yet to hear of any fixes coming out for the constant crashes and rollbacks. 

Ragnarok isnt even 50% finished, the map is an alpha and by playing it you agree that you're ok with rollbacks,crashes, loss of dinos, etc.Obviusly it's going to be crashing often with 70/70 players on a working map not even half done. I was on ragnarok, the sheer number of structures is mind breaking, you literaly cant walk for longer than 30 seconds without seeing a structure, it's lagging alot(probably because of player/structure numbers) that's why I'm staying away from it until release and until they add more servers

7 hours ago, Nokosa said:

Maybe if @Jat would post on, you know, the official forums, then people would know.

I agree with you as a general principle, but he should post here about a question a couple people had lol? I'm okay with him working on more important things, it'd just be nice if all of the news was posted here

3 hours ago, Harrist14 said:

I agree with you as a general principle, but he should post here about a question a couple people had lol? I'm okay with him working on more important things, it'd just be nice if all of the news was posted here

There are people in this world that answer thousands of emails a day while doing their core duties. Taking five minutes out of his day here and there to answer, what most people would consider, important questions regarding their flagship game, doesn't seem like too big of a time sink, and would do quite a lot of good from a customer service standpoint. If you have time to tweet then you have time to post on your forums.

1 hour ago, Nokosa said:

There are people in this world that answer thousands of emails a day while doing their core duties. Taking five minutes out of his day here and there to answer, what most people would consider, important questions regarding their flagship game, doesn't seem like too big of a time sink, and would do quite a lot of good from a customer service standpoint. If you have time to tweet then you have time to post on your forums.

That's fair, I'd rather them focus on bug fixes and stuff and listen to suggestions/issues from the community though 

16 hours ago, Klakky said:

Ragnarok isnt even 50% finished, the map is an alpha and by playing it you agree that you're ok with rollbacks,crashes, loss of dinos, etc.Obviusly it's going to be crashing often with 70/70 players on a working map not even half done. I was on ragnarok, the sheer number of structures is mind breaking, you literaly cant walk for longer than 30 seconds without seeing a structure, it's lagging alot(probably because of player/structure numbers) that's why I'm staying away from it until release and until they add more servers

You were late to the game and missed out on good base spots. Fair enough. Roll the dice and hope for good luck on a new server.

As for the lag - you do realize that it has next to no impact if the server is full of stuff or not. The VMs for official servers are not adequately resource provisioned. Adding more costs money. Pretty easy to understand even if you dont work with VMs - go onto a 70/70 private server thats hosted on a proper provisioned vm and compare the performance. I can save you the trouble - we have 4 running for our tribe that are dedicated and run perfectly fine. The saveworld lag spikes are also significantly shorter than official. Overall it is a MUCH better game experience. Underprovisioning officials will make people want to play on private servers. There is financial incentives for WCS to promote this. It's been going on since unofficial servers started popping up. Business 101. Supply and demand.

12 hours ago, Nokosa said:

sorry i had only time to tweet to my kids to not go home because the couch was on fire and go to you're aunties.

But seriously, if he has time to tweet anything regarding work, it's going to be something that takes priority over answering the same question over and over to every single person. It's simply impossible to do in a short amount of time.

1 hour ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Anyone have any tips, especially mammal related ones ? 

Prepare to be endlessly disappointed by the babies not getting the stats you want and your plans of raising mammals coming to nothing, once again.  And instead of hatching another egg like you can with a dino and trying your luck again, you are left looking at a 1-2 day timer and twiddling your thumbs.  Breeding mammals is horrible compared to anything with eggs.

Due to the 2x I'm going to attempt to breed my level 150 kibble tamed tree cats this weekend. It will be my first foray into breeding. 

Just have plenty of meat, at least 2 fridges full before it's born and I'd suggest cooking it once the thyla gets to 10% since it will start eating from the feeding trough by then and you will be able to leave it to do something else then, when you leave it to go offline fill up 3-4 feeding troughs of cooked meat and u will be fine for about 16-20h, and cross your fingers in hope of a mutation ^^

Due to the 2x I'm going to attempt to breed my level 150 kibble tamed tree cats this weekend. It will be my first foray into breeding. 

Thylas are quite easy to do just have meat ready when is born. Only thing I would reccomend .. place babys on ground if you can.. thylas glitch trough cielings and you easy miss them if you dont see them :D good luck!

17 hours ago, Klakky said:

Just have plenty of meat, at least 2 fridges full before it's born and I'd suggest cooking it once the thyla gets to 10% since it will start eating from the feeding trough by then and you will be able to leave it to do something else then, when you leave it to go offline fill up 3-4 feeding troughs of cooked meat and u will be fine for about 16-20h, and cross your fingers in hope of a mutation ^^

Jesus 3-4 troughs of cooked meat.... thats like hundreds and hundreds of meats. Since when do baby animals eat the equivalent of a pride of lions.

This sounds terrible. Breeding might just not be for me.

Archived