Turrets Too Easy To Drain?

Crows

Does anybody else on official PvP feel that turret ammo is drained rather too easily for the effort it takes to make thousands of ammo? (Before you think or say it, no my turrets weren't drained, rather we drained turrets and it felt too easy...)

Or is it just me who thinks this? I know it's kinda controversial because all of the 'super duper pros' who have bullet factories and make like 30k+ bullets a day will disagree, but what about the small/average/solo tribes? making thousands upon thousands of turret bullets is no easy task, especially without the right dinos and stats and equipment (chem bench, etc) they'll fill their turrets up with as many bullets as they can and then they'll get drained within minutes by players on imprinted gigas (yes, plenty of videos, I can link them) brontos/turtles/wyverns,rock golems, etc.

I dont think they are drained to easy, as the only way to change that would be to have them fire more slowly and that would not be a good thing

Something that I would not mind though and that would help the situation a bit is to have the tank dinos (brontos, pracers, tutrles ect) take longer to raise, basically lets say during this event in two days i can breed tons of turtles/brontos with very minimal effort. with those said dinos i can drain pretty big bases with ease with said dinos, nullifying weeks worth of work for the other tribe with like i said very minimal effort on my part

think raiding would actually turn for the better if people did not have a endless supplies of tank dinos that they dont really care about cause they could raise more very easy and quickly

Make more bullets simple. If you only have 200 bullets in your turrets (not saying you do but that's the average) then your turrets deserved to be drained. We have over 400 turrets all on our base/ turrets towers filled with at least 800 ammo per turret. Mega tribes would go through a good few brontos to drain those

9 minutes ago, lonesurvivor said:

I dont think they are drained to easy, as the only way to change that would be to have them fire more slowly and that would not be a good thing

Fair enough and having them fire slowly would suck, yes.

10 minutes ago, lonesurvivor said:

Something that I would not mind though and that would help the situation a bit is to have the tank dinos (brontos, pracers, tutrles ect) take longer to raise, basically lets say during this event in two days i can breed tons of turtles/brontos with very minimal effort. with those said dinos i can drain pretty big bases with ease with said dinos, nullifying weeks worth of work for the other tribe with like i said very minimal effort on my part

I agree! turtles especially are way too easy to raise. 1 day 21 min... that's just ridiculous. xD

13 minutes ago, lonesurvivor said:

think raiding would actually turn for the better if people did not have a endless supplies of tank dinos that they dont really care about cause they could raise more very easy and quickly

Exactly and I'm even seeing gigas soak bullets and kill everything in their path on various, new raiding videos. At first I thought "cmon, a giga can't soak a bunch of auto turrets, it would enrage right?" turns out it can soak just as a tank dino. What the actual...

6 minutes ago, Pogue1995 said:

Make more bullets simple. If you only have 200 bullets in your turrets (not saying you do but that's the average) then your turrets deserved to be drained. We have over 400 turrets all on our base/ turrets towers filled with at least 800 ammo per turret. Mega tribes would go through a good few brontos to drain those

That's the only solution, yeah... "Make more bullets, keep making them" and this isn't about my base, I'm on about turrets in general. It's all about turret velocity anyway, more DPS. Obviously the more ammo the better too, but I don't know what it is... I find myself constantly making turret ammo on this game. xD

14 minutes ago, 10,000 Jelly Doughnuts said:

War is strongly scewed to attacker side unless on ORP and you can log to start the timer. Needs to be better defense structures 

Do you mean there needs to be more defense structures in-game, on official? because I was thinking about that too, as of right now it's quite Tek-reliant and not everybody has access to Tek on official PvP. Metal is way too easy to destroy in my opinion, and C4s are too easy to make too, but that's just my opinion. 

1 hour ago, Crows said:

Does anybody else on official PvP feel that turret ammo is drained rather too easily for the effort it takes to make thousands of ammo? (Before you think or say it, no my turrets weren't drained, rather we drained turrets and it felt too easy...)

Or is it just me who thinks this? I know it's kinda controversial because all of the 'super duper pros' who have bullet factories and make like 30k+ bullets a day will disagree, but what about the small/average/solo tribes? making thousands upon thousands of turret bullets is no easy task, especially without the right dinos and stats and equipment (chem bench, etc) they'll fill their turrets up with as many bullets as they can and then they'll get drained within minutes by players on imprinted gigas (yes, plenty of videos, I can link them) brontos/turtles/wyverns,rock golems, etc.

Yes I feel like making them drain slower is just pushing back the inevitable.  In my opinion there needs to be either new defensive structures or different kinds of rounds.  I mean if turrets could fire tranq rounds and knocked out dinos didnt have their armor from saddles applied as they would be considered "prone", that might go a big way in helping defense.  I  dunno just throwing ideas out there.  

35 minutes ago, icycold2367 said:

Why not just meet in the middle and give turrets more slots for ammo? Or make a ammo box with say 50 backup slots that once empty turrets can pull from.

Like a feeding trough for turrets? I love it lol 

Or what about multiple fire rates on the turrets.. set them to a high rate of fire so they inflict more damage faster.. the downfall being they empty faster but they might actually do what they're supposed to do.

Or if when you set the turret to "players only" they actually shoot the player only, so he or she can't just stroll up on a carb and  plant c4 or shoot a rocket from up close. 

52 minutes ago, Crows said:

Do you mean there needs to be more defense structures in-game, on official? because I was thinking about that too, as of right now it's quite Tek-reliant and not everybody has access to Tek on official PvP. Metal is way too easy to destroy in my opinion, and C4s are too easy to make too, but that's just my opinion. 

Yea more defensive structures on official 

Archived