Primitive Plus Imbalance and Trolls

Avengel3076

The most recent update was great but it made bases, even small ones, extremely unbalanced. The reason for this is the brick tier being rebalanced. One player can farm several hundred brick foundation in just a few hours, and they are nigh indestructible. 50 gunpowder barrels to destroy 1 brick foundation. 6 sticky bombs for one, and they don't even work as intended, as you have to walk up and light them with a torch and blow yourself up since flaming arrows don't work on them. Which is where the trolls come in. The infamous Ragnarok tribe came into my poor server, made 2x2 structures across the map, then used each one to create foundations to block all metal spawns. It's so easy and efficient to craft it, that it happened nearly over night. Now the server is faced with blocked metal spawns, and sure we could destroy them, but only after a LOT of farming. By the time we make one bomb... they've made 10 foundations. if this problem persists, primitive plus could become unplayable on the ps4. And just as an example, I could very easily go into another server with a leveled up character and shut down the beaches and metals spawns OVERNIGHT. Is this acceptable? Sorry if this turned into a rant it's late at tims and I'm tired from hunting these guys all day, but maybe I got my point across to someone.

• 2 weeks later...

This is not just on ps4, think on all platforms

We have same problem on our server, if they cant raid you they will block every mineral node so you cant farm anytning

I think this could be solved if the GM would start giving out some warning to those that do this

I try to report but they dont do anything about it, after 6000 hours its about time for me to head to another game, just dont want to deal with these trolls anymore

You should add to the bug list that sticky bombs dont work with flame arrows. They work fine on PC. Solo foundations despawn almost overnight now if no one from the tribe comes to render distance. And blocking resources and space with anything is a problem of all ARK. As far as I see P+ is still best balanced way to play ARK.

Also if you dont want some resource blocked just put two steel pillars on top of each other in the spot. Pillars dont block spawns unless they are exactly on top of them and low lvl griefers will have hard time removing them.

4 hours ago, TheSpirit said:

You should add to the bug list that sticky bombs dont work with flame arrows. They work fine on PC. Solo foundations despawn almost overnight now if no one from the tribe comes to render distance. And blocking resources and space with anything is a problem of all ARK. As far as I see P+ is still best balanced way to play ARK.

Also if you dont want some resource blocked just put two steel pillars on top of each other in the spot. Pillars dont block spawns unless they are exactly on top of them and low lvl griefers will have hard time removing them.

Problem on my server is that they did it on half the map on ragnarok, it is too late now and they have 3-4 on each.

New players can even build anywhere and the spawn is blocked

1 hour ago, Grekerr said:

Problem on my server is that they did it on half the map on ragnarok, it is too late now and they have 3-4 on each.

New players can even build anywhere and the spawn is blocked

If I remember correctly blocking spawns is punishable offence. Get screenshots if you can and report them. 

Btw I liked when the foundations and ceilings were just like stone but with higher hp. But I guess WC asked for consistency in builiding tiers (but brick pillars and ramps are still stone tier -_-).

1 hour ago, TheSpirit said:

If I remember correctly blocking spawns is punishable offence. Get screenshots if you can and report them. 

Btw I liked when the foundations and ceilings were just like stone but with higher hp. But I guess WC asked for consistency in builiding tiers (but brick pillars and ramps are still stone tier -_-).

I did report, but they usualy dont answer before 14 days and the answer you get is just confusing, its like 4 pages with alot of crap that seem like an automated message haha

At least make it so you can take out brick with battle axe, maybe put more health on it instead, like 200k health :)

I love the game, just it is a bit frustrating when this happens. 

I read the rules and they are not allowed to do that but I see on forum that many complain about same thing and nothing is being done about it so I am pretty sure I wont get any help here.

The way I see it and after looking on the forums, if they dont stop duplicators and trolls like starting TODAY they will lose many of the players that are spending alot of time in this game. If you are prevented from playing a game because of trolls that can do what they want, there is nothing more you can do other than move on to another game. Witch is really sad because I love ARK and I want to keep playing it.

I dont care about bugs and some broken stuff, game is not released yet and I know they are working on fixing stuff:)

On July 12, 2017 at 3:32 AM, TheSpirit said:

Solo foundations despawn almost overnight now if no one from the tribe comes to render distance. And blocking resources and space with anything is a problem of all ARK. As far as I see P+ is still best balanced way to play ARK.

In prim it's just so much easier to block resources. A cement mixer takes 30? steel ingots. Which would take a grand total of 5 minutes to farm. Now to actually make concrete you need limestone and cementing paste. Not even 10 minutes to get a stack of limestone, and one beaver dam can give a few hundred paste. Craft it up and you have HUNDREDS of concrete. Foundations are so cheap you can put those out like crazy, and the resources required way nothing. Due to this I could log into a server and grief the hell out of it in just an hour. But sticky bombs are fairly expensive in comparison.

Archived