Way to ruin my zinos.

Cowgirl

3 hours ago, Shrekasaurus said:

I agree with that. If we're gonna be abbreviating things, Zino does sound better than Theri. The whole abbreviating thing is just a little pet-peeve of mine; I would way prefer people calling them by the full name (I myself am also guilty of the abbreviating, it's just from getting so used to seeing it everywhere! I do usually make a conscious effort to avoid it though, trying to get people used to the full names). 

Do I spot a ZinoGre as your profile picture? ;) 

And yeah Zino does sound better than Theri, reminds me of the good DOW days 'Beware of the Xenos' 

• Volunteer Moderator

From my testings, Theriz's primary attack now only hit once instead of twice (only the first claw in the animation deals damage, second one deals nothing) and secondary one twice instead of three times.

The primary attack (Left Mousebutton) gathers Wood and Meat in exceptional quantities, as well as lesser (by comparison to C) amounts of Thatch and skins (Hide, Chitin, Silk etc).

• The attack hits two times with a single click.

The secondary attack () functions as a sickle versus bush nodes, and gathers Fibre, Silk and Plant Y Seeds.

The attack hits three times with a single click, but takes a few seconds to perform.

I tested on Training Dummy, alive dinos, corpses, harvestable (trees, bushes, etc.), etc. and that on both singleplayer and official servers.

Additionally, no attacks seems to deals torpor anymore:

The Therizino is capable of dealing a large amount of DPS, and deals some torpor for each attack and has quite an effective attack range.

Anyone else noticed? I know they nerfed gathering in v259, but was DPS mentioned somewhere and I missed it? Is it a bug? Or did they get silently nerfed? Please discuss.

I noticed that on my primary also. I'm on console so we haven't gotten the new update yet. Must have happened earlier if something did. If something was changed then so should the animation to give us visual representation of it. Though it would look dumb using just one set of claws to attack with.

Maybe they meant that your dino gets torpor delt to it like the equis and the kick. I never noticed you being able to deal out torpor damage to something. May of just been because you probably killed it first.

6 hours ago, Canes said:

I noticed that on my primary also. I'm on console so we haven't gotten the new update yet. Must have happened earlier if something did. If something was changed then so should the animation to give us visual representation of it. Though it would look dumb using just one set of claws to attack with.

Maybe they meant that your dino gets torpor delt to it like the equis and the kick. I never noticed you being able to deal out torpor damage to something. May of just been because you probably killed it first.

They used to do torpor with their head butt attack, it was actually enough that if they used it a few times they could knock you off your mount and kill you. Almost lost a wyvern that way

Every since I got a Therizino when it was released, I had DMG numbers enabled and melee hit markers.

Never seen it hit twice, only with the first claw. Any second swipes only land if the first one missed.

So the DPS has remained the same except when harvesting, in which it hits the first tree and then the 2nd tree in a cluster.

From my testing, the Therizino has always hit once with its claw attack, its just the animation is HIGHLY misleading when it has two claw attacks. If the therizino got another nerf to its combat capability, I'd think I'd lose my will to live. Once the console update comes out I'll check the dps values again. If it doesn't give torpor with its bite anymore, I won't really care though.

16 hours ago, DMPetee said:

From my testing, the Therizino has always hit once with its claw attack, its just the animation is HIGHLY misleading when it has two claw attacks. If the therizino got another nerf to its combat capability, I'd think I'd lose my will to live. Once the console update comes out I'll check the dps values again. If it doesn't give torpor with its bite anymore, I won't really care though.

a bit dramatic no?

I've heard through the grape vine that the Thero is getting nerfed. Is this really necessary? 

WAIT! Keyboard Warriors, before you start calling me a noob, retarded, questioning my sexualality, or beggin you plans to bed my mother I ask that you just hear me out.. 

ok, so the Thero as a Dino was supose to be a tough tame that can go Toe-to-Toe with a Rex, Yes?.... Well, it's filled that slot well. The only problem I have with it is that it's spawn needs dialed back... ALOT...

I seriously leave my house and see three or for within 100 yards of each other. The Thero is fine, but i feel like it should be rare.. like maybe even more rare than a Rex.. 

Ok, now you can let me have it.. ?

17 hours ago, QuantumReaper said:

nope theris were ruined and they are no where near the specialized harvester they used to be they are just crap at everything now even max level in power or delicate. 

If by "crap at everything", you mean "still better than pratically every other dino at gathering almost everything", then I agree :)

Archived