Things to be Changed

Falcons7477

A large problem I find currently with the official servers are the alpha and mega tribes.  Some of these tribes are preventing people from enjoying the game on servers.  For example, I was on server 496 hunting down a guy that insided my tribe and whilst I was talking to the alpha there, these guys told me that they wipe (destroy everything of someone's) anyone that joins on the server and builds.  This shouldn't be allowed on the official servers.

Grabted this has been a problem even before transfers.  In my opinion, the transfers made this problem worse.  Previously an alpha tribe would still keep people from building on a server.  The big difference I find is in the fact that, before server transfers, people could generally leave the servers that do this and not have to deal with that specific tribe.  The transfers made it so the tribes that blocked off servers to any other person would have an advantage on everyone else and do the same thing on multiple servers.

Now not all of the alpha and mega tribes do this sort of stuff.  Some of the alpha and mega tribes allow for people to build on a server and offer general protection for the people of that server.  By doing so these tribes enhance the game for lower tiered players by not allowing for larger tribes to cage them.

As to a way to solve the problem, I have no realistic ideas.  I would like some insight from the devs and the community on how this problem can be fixed.  THANKS FOR READING!!!!!

15 minutes ago, Falcons7477 said:

A large problem I find currently with the official servers are the alpha and mega tribes.  Some of these tribes are preventing people from enjoying the game on servers.  For example, I was on server 496 hunting down a guy that insided my tribe and whilst I was talking to the alpha there, these guys told me that they wipe (destroy everything of someone's) anyone that joins on the server and builds.  This shouldn't be allowed on the official servers.

Grabted this has been a problem even before transfers.  In my opinion, the transfers made this problem worse.  Previously an alpha tribe would still keep people from building on a server.  The big difference I find is in the fact that, before server transfers, people could generally leave the servers that do this and not have to deal with that specific tribe.  The transfers made it so the tribes that blocked off servers to any other person would have an advantage on everyone else and do the same thing on multiple servers.

Now not all of the alpha and mega tribes do this sort of stuff.  Some of the alpha and mega tribes allow for people to build on a server and offer general protection for the people of that server.  By doing so these tribes enhance the game for lower tiered players by not allowing for larger tribes to cage them.

As to a way to solve the problem, I have no realistic ideas.  I would like some insight from the devs and the community on how this problem can be fixed.  THANKS FOR READING!!!!!

they need a couple of wildcard admins, guys that when reading these issues go into the official servers and police these admins people have reported threating to wipe alpha's if they keep bullying

Official servers are basically open game.  If someone is not violating the rules, which let's be honest are pretty loose, then nothing will be done.  I don't believe there is any problem with an alpha tribe creating rules, from the rules standpoint at least.  

The solution is, if you want to avoid these things, look for an unofficial server.  

I have said in multiple threads and everyone generally ignores it. 

People love the transfers. People hate them. No way to make everyone happy, or is there? 

Yes, I have found a way to make everyone happy! Keep reading to understand it.

The answer is clusters. You know, the thing jat said transfers would only be allowed on.

So some people want to be top king of all servers. Some want to be king of one. Some just want a decent server to play on.

So, why not do this.....these numbers are just examples.

Make a cluster of 1000 servers. Make a cluster of 500, 100, 20,5. Make clusters that just have one of each map. Make clusters that have 2 of each map.

I imagine they wouldn't make clusters of all the numbers I said, but it gives players choices. Megas would go to the biggest, smaller clusters I doubt would have them. Make all clusters separate and non transferable. You could even leave current servers as a legacy cluster where servers just get repurposed as they drop in pop.

This literally gives everyone what they want. Literally  

6 minutes ago, CriD said:

People love the transfers. People hate them. No way to make everyone happy, or is there? 

The answer is clusters. You know, the thing jat said transfers would only be allowed on.

So some people want to be top king of all servers. Some want to be king of one. Some just want a decent server to play on.

Make a cluster of 1000 servers. Make a cluster of 500, 100, 20,5. Make clusters that just have one of each map. Make clusters that have 2 of each map.

I imagine they wouldn't make clusters of all the numbers I said, but it gives players choices. Megas would go to the biggest, smaller clusters I doubt would have them. Make all clusters separate and non transferable. You could even leave current servers as a legacy cluster where servers just get repurposed as they drop in pop.

I want to be able to travel to any pvp server i want, so no this doesn't make me or anyone else happy.

6 minutes ago, TripleBox said:

I want to be able to travel to any pvp server i want, so no this doesn't make me or anyone else happy.

So you know everyone's wishes? And apparently a cluster of 1000 servers is not good enough for you? Wow. I have no argument to counter that level of entitlement.  Please lay off the breast milk and grow up some.

1 hour ago, Falcons7477 said:

The alpha tribes are as much of a feature of public servers as they are a problem. Public servers are a platform for absolute freedom (within the TOS) 

When I play on public I like to do it with a small squad type tribe and do little raids here and there on other smal/medium tribes. We do this knowing we aren't a big boy, and if we attract too much attention the alphas might get involved. Part of the risk we take for our freedom to do our little raids. I understand that I can't have my ability to raid (take from other players things I did not work for) and then at the same time tell a tribe stronger/bigger than me they cant raid me with the things they worked for.

A good alternative I think would be servers that limit tribe/Dino/alliance size. Really make tribes specialize. If they could find a way to strongly encourage lots of small communities instead of one big one, I'd play there. 

1 hour ago, CriD said:

Literally 

1 hour ago, CriD said:

Punished how? By wiping? You realize its not a punishment. Why should they punish new players by not wiping?

Wiping punishes the players who have put a ton of time and work into the game. It punishes the people who are decent and helpful to new players. Not everyone land grabs and makes it difficult for new players. Those are the people who get punished.

3 minutes ago, vowels said:

Wiping punishes the players who have put a ton of time and work into the game. It punishes the people who are decent and helpful to new players. Not everyone land grabs and makes it difficult for new players. Those are the people who get punished.

So in a PvP scenario, which this game was made for PvP with pve a side addition, its fair for someone to pay their hard earned money for a newly released game, where there are no rules and most peoples mindset is to dominate their opponent, and its fair for them to come into a game that's been going on for 2 years? Nah. Its not.

Entitlement aside, we paid to be a part of an early access in development game. We paid a lower price then them. Just because people have put in 4k hours by them self, made ark their religion, and spout that its a finished product does not mean it is. As with most ea or beta or alphas. They get wiped. Most PC players knew that walking in. A lot of console players are new to ea, but they should have learned it in these forums by now.

Do please continue to tell me how leaving everything as is, is OK for the game release, for new players to get destroyed which will give the game bad reviews and could hurt WC in the long run, please I'll wait. Explain how a lot of alphas and even megas can be over night wiped but all the new players will be OK, cause you know, like 2% of the population on officials isn't toxic. I'll be waiting.

14 minutes ago, CriD said:

So in a PvP scenario, which this game was made for PvP with pve a side addition, its fair for someone to pay their hard earned money for a newly released game, where there are no rules and most peoples mindset is to dominate their opponent, and its fair for them to come into a game that's been going on for 2 years? Nah. Its not.

Entitlement aside, we paid to be a part of an early access in development game. We paid a lower price then them. Just because people have put in 4k hours by them self, made ark their religion, and spout that its a finished product does not mean it is. As with most ea or beta or alphas. They get wiped. Most PC players knew that walking in. A lot of console players are new to ea, but they should have learned it in these forums by now.

Do please continue to tell me how leaving everything as is, is OK for the game release, for new players to get destroyed which will give the game bad reviews and could hurt WC in the long run, please I'll wait. Explain how a lot of alphas and even megas can be over night wiped but all the new players will be OK, cause you know, like 2% of the population on officials isn't toxic. I'll be waiting.

Ah that is where opinions differ. You are coming from PvP viewpoint, where I am coming from PvE viewpoint. They should be treated differently. 

WC has said more than once that they will not wipe servers. If they do, it is yet another misinformation from them. Early access or not, they said they would not wipe, on more than one occasion. 

11 minutes ago, vowels said:

Ah that is where opinions differ. You are coming from PvP viewpoint, where I am coming from PvE viewpoint. They should be treated differently. 

WC has said more than once that they will not wipe servers. If they do, it is yet another misinformation from them. Early access or not, they said they would not wipe, on more than one occasion. 

Not to be rude, but if you actually read my post where I say my idea to make everyone happy, there is a little thing in there about keeping servers as is in a separate cluster from new servers. It goes for pve and PvP. Regardless of what you play, on pve not everyone land grabs but a lot do. Not everyone kites but a lot will when new players with no knowledge build in places undesirable to players who are established. New players should only play on current servers, PvP or pve, by their own choice, not because its part of the cluster they have to play on.

3 hours ago, CriD said:

So you know everyone's wishes? And apparently a cluster of 1000 servers is not good enough for you? Wow. I have no argument to counter that level of entitlement.  Please lay off the breast milk and grow up some.

You sound like you can't handle Official PvP Servers. You should go play unofficial or pve.

43 minutes ago, TripleBox said:

You sound like you can't handle Official PvP Servers. You should go play unofficial or pve.

I'm sorry, I left my tribe willingly now I'm in a new one. I can handle it fine. Haven't been wiped in like...a year. So please. Get off your childish notions. If what I suggested does not work for you because you wouldn't be able to transfer to EVERY server, then it sounds like you need a hobby outside of video games. We can do this dance all night long baby. 

Or you can realize I'm trying to help the entire community by offering my input and your trying to just help yourself and think your witty. Thanks for the contribution to the topic.

4 hours ago, CriD said:
1 minute ago, CriD said:

I'm sorry, I left my tribe willingly now I'm in a new one. I can handle it fine. Haven't been wiped in like...a year. So please. Get off your childish notions. If what I suggested does not work for you because you wouldn't be able to transfer to EVERY server, then it sounds like you need a hobby outside of video games. We can do this dance all night long baby. 

Or you can realize I'm trying to help the entire community by offering my input and your trying to just help yourself and think your witty. Thanks for the contribution to the topic.

Oi Hero how about you give me your server and i will come end your 1 year dry streak at 7am 70/70. You input is irrelevant and not needed we don't need anymore pvp crybabys.

9 minutes ago, TripleBox said:

Oi Hero how about you give me your server and i will come end your 1 year dry streak at 7am 70/70. You input is irrelevant and not needed we don't need anymore pvp crybabys.

Lol no thanks. I like my dry streak. 

But hey, you know what a topic is or how to stay on one? Tough guy? How boutcha stop calling me out and being dumb. 

Archived